Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 9,161 to 9,180 of 12,088

Ralizah

@kkslider5552000 Zelda games usually take a long time to make. Anyway, considering how well BotW sold and how deeply it resonated with people worldwide, I'd be shocked to see mainline 3D Zelda go back to the older formula any time in the next decade or so. Although I agree they'll continue the 'old style' via remasters.

That's not enough for a lot of the people who love traditional 3D Zelda and see BotW-style games as inferior Assassin's Creed-likes.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

jump

@Losermagnet you would cause outrage calling Radiohead a dark fruits band in the UK, they are too arty/pretentious (they are abit of both imo) to be in the same category. That would be like calling Ministry a nu-metal band like Limp Bizkit or Iggy Pop a pop-punk band like Blink 182.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

HotGoomba

YusseiWarrior3000 wrote:

@HotGoomba NOT really. The Top 100 was pretty good.

I disagree but I see your point.

Zuljaras wrote:

Let me fix that for you

Literally EVERY Mario Party game is awful!

Oh, now THAT'S a hot take! I see you're point if you don't enjoy pissing off your friends and family.

I do.

Does that make me a bad person?

@VoidofLight Every fanbase has at least some trash.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

Anti-Matter

@VoidofLight
That's because you are still stuck in Old Animal Crossing idea and refuse to embrace the new style from ACNH. There are some improvement in QoL but you refuse to adapt with new approach.

Villagers now will never moving out until you ask them to move out, but you don't like to have a choice to determine their fate and call it a hostage.

Villagers talk with less variation dialogues, you called it boring and as matter of fact the other games (non Animal Crossing) also have repetitive dialogues and peoples didn't complain about that but you. It was not something hurt you for thr villagers to talk with less variations. They are not real living creatures, they will not directly talk to you with constant different dialogues.

You said there was nothing to do in ACNH, but i said it was wrong. Even before the update 2.0.0, there are some things you can do even in different circumstances such as collecting DIY recipes, catching sea creatures / fishes / bugs, exploiting items by time travel, etc. ACNH is not an old style Animal Crossing anymore so try to adapt with new approach.

Anti-Matter

kkslider5552000

Ralizah wrote:

That's not enough for a lot of the people who love traditional 3D Zelda and see BotW-style games as inferior Assassin's Creed-likes.

I don't disagree, but I'm not sure how many people only love mainline 3D Zeldas that also don't want BOTW style games.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

VoidofLight

@Losermagnet I like Playing animal crossing, I just.. don't like New Horizons.

@Ralizah And I guess that's true, but I still think people who don't like it should be allowed to say they don't.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

HotGoomba

Not so unpopular but definitely controversial:

This is every Sonic fan ever.
Untitled

Edited on by HotGoomba

Don't click on it.

VoidofLight

@Anti-Matter The new approach, to me, is honestly worse than the old approach, and you just highlighted why in your comment.

HotGoomba

@VoidofLight I really enjoyed my time with New Horizons, but I would've preferred if most of the things added as updates were just in the base game (with the exception of the new DLC and small offerings that don't piss off Animal Crossing fans as much).

Don't click on it.

Pizzamorg

Losermagnet wrote:

@VoidofLight eh, it's not strongly either i think. Millions of people play that game, you don't hate all of them. Just the most vocal perhaps. Fandoms in general are pretty obnoxious. It's either one big circle-jerk or pitchfork gathering (literally, of course).

You forgot about the third group, the "This game has a 6 or lower average review score, and some people I don't know said it is bad, so we all say it is ***** and rag on the game for being ***** but actually none of us has played it, and I know you're just trying to enjoy this title, but we all need to be toxic af as we heard this game is meant to be bad, so because of that you suck for some reason and we'll tell you as aggressively as we can."

Also, militant IP protection is stupid AF in my books. People cry when games are too similar, people cry when games are too different. Everyone is crying all the damn time. Devs should just ignore the whingey crybabies and just make the game they want to make.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Life to the living, death to the dead.

VoidofLight

@HotGoomba Honestly, I would've preferred if all this stuff was in the base game, and then they had free updates adding onto that. Would've made me much happier.

Losermagnet

@VoidofLight i popped my head into the New Horizons to try and get a better understanding. I think you've got to find a way to share in the enjoyment of the thing and not feel like you have to defend your opinion that you dont like it as much. Just because you're playing it (which, evidently you are) doesnt mean you don't have issues with it or that it's flawless. Focus on the fun parts if ya can. Thats my life philosophy anyway.

@Pizzamorg i did forget about them (probably because they need a much shorter name 😉). Truly though - i'll never understand that kind of logic. At least give the game a chance, y'know? I'm not gonna rag on anything until i give it an honest chance.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Losermagnet

@jump im ashamed to admit I just don't know many UK groups that aren't incredibly old men. I read Oasis and took a chance. But i appreciate the explanation nonetheless.

Snatcher

@HotGoomba This is Actually true.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Matt_Barber

It could be worse, they could be like Paper Mario fans.

Matt_Barber

Xyphon22

The problem with Paper Mario fans is that they are not Paper Mario fans. They are Thousand Year Door fans. Actual Paper Mario fans understand that Paper Mario is not an RPG series but rather mixes it up with every installment, and the sooner the Thousand Year Door fans realize that and either accept it or move on, the happier they will be.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Pizzamorg

Losermagnet wrote:

@Pizzamorg i did forget about them (probably because they need a much shorter name 😉). Truly though - i'll never understand that kind of logic. At least give the game a chance, y'know? I'm not gonna rag on anything until i give it an honest chance.

They have a shorter name, it just doesn't get through NLs profanity filter!

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Losermagnet

@Pizzamorg haha! Nicely done.

kkslider5552000

Xyphon22 wrote:

The problem with Paper Mario fans is that they are not Paper Mario fans. They are Thousand Year Door fans. Actual Paper Mario fans understand that Paper Mario is not an RPG series but rather mixes it up with every installment, and the sooner the Thousand Year Door fans realize that and either accept it or move on, the happier they will be.

1. TTYD is actually my least favorite of the original three games
2. As someone commendable as you could argue it is, at the end of the day its pretty clear that Color Splash and Origami King follow enough cues from Sticker Star in presumably an attempt to be a better Sticker Star (instead of throwing out the ideas from the widely panned game in the series). I'd argue Super Paper Mario is the only true, out there spinoff of the series (especially with Sticker Star being a somewhat more traditional Paper Mario earlier in development).
3. I'd prefer if Paper Mario actually stopped being an RPG, but it sure does still want to be about those turn based battles.

I've mostly made my peace about Paper Mario and don't want to be obnoxious about it, but I also don't like people assuming the games' issues are purely because it is different (this is also why its infuriating when people suggest people only hated Other M's story for trying to have more in-depth characterization).

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Sunsy

@HotGoomba @Snatcher I'm a Sonic fan, I like the series.

In relation, this may be unpopular. It really boggles my mind how people can be a fan of a game series, then nitpick every little thing. Obvious problems with gameplay decisions, bugs, etc, are all understandable, but complaining about every little thing. Maybe it's something I don't understand. Then again, I enjoyed lots of Sonic games, despite some of the problems some games may have (I even enjoyed Sonic Boom on Wii U, despite technical issues).

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic