Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 541 to 560 of 12,088

NavySpheal

Speaking of FF, I've never been interested in the series. The only one I own is 8 (which, ironically, I heard isn't very special). I just wasn't hooked or I just didn't like it. I do wanna give it a second chance though. If I can get my hands on a Vita in the future, I'd try out the remakes for FF 10.

3DS FC: 4596-9744-5868
Buffalo wings are a gift from the gods themselves.

MuchoMochi

Speaking of another Final Fantasy, I think 10 was a good game. I really liked it and it was my first 3D FF.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

AlexSays

Aviator wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Gay marriage is a human right and deserves to be put in a life-simulation game.

You just want to get a game together and marry me, don't lie

I go to sleep thinking of you.

ooh that's hawt

AlexSays

Dreamz

I really enjoyed FF7 when it was first released, but still found it to be inferior to the previous three Final Fantasy installments. Back then, all of the coverage was ooohing and aaahing over the "full motion video" aspect. Which, was a novelty at the time, in the grand scheme of things didn't really add anything to the gameplay as a whole.

As far as my list of favorite Final Fantasy games goes, it's not even in the top 3.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

LzWinky

AlexSays wrote:

Aviator wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Aviator wrote:

ooh that's hawt

This must be unpopular since it's posted here

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CaviarMeths

Dreamz wrote:

I really enjoyed FF7 when it was first released, but still found it to be inferior to the previous three Final Fantasy installments. Back then, all of the coverage was ooohing and aaahing over the "full motion video" aspect. Which, was a novelty at the time, in the grand scheme of things didn't really add anything to the gameplay as a whole.

As far as my list of favorite Final Fantasy games goes, it's not even in the top 3.

I agree. It wasn't even the best PS1 Final Fantasy. It wasn't better than any of the SNES Final Fantasy. That alone puts it out of the top 3. Depending on the day, I may also rank FFXII over it. Maybe that's an unpopular opinion. FFXII is better than both VII and X.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CanisWolfred

@unca_lz if you're talking about the visuals of Final Fantasy 7, that isn't an unpopular opinion. The artstyle was a mess, the backrounds were cluttered, it was hard to tell what you could interact with or where you could go, the visuals were grainy, and the models were blocky to the point of being almost unrecognizable at times. It's one of those cases where bad graphics can hurt an otherwise good game. I feel like the visuals are at least one of the reasons so many fans want FF7 remade, though at this point I think it'd be better if S-E took the battle system and materia system, spruced them up and put them in a completely different game a la Bravely Default.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CaviarMeths

CanisWolfred wrote:

@unca_lz if you're talking about the visuals of Final Fantasy 7, that isn't an unpopular opinion. The artstyle was a mess, the backrounds were cluttered, it was hard to tell what you could interact with or where you could go, the visuals were grainy, and the models were blocky to the point of being almost unrecognizable at times. It's one of those cases where bad graphics can hurt an otherwise good game. I feel like the visuals are at least one of the reasons so many fans want FF7 remade, though at this point I think it'd be better if S-E took the battle system and materia system, spruced them up and put them in a completely different game a la Bravely Default.

I wouldn't mind a remake as long as it doesn't go with a hyper-realistic look. The character models in Advent Children and Crisis Core were off-putting to me because they attempted to give realism to character models that were stylized and exaggerated in the first place. Give me FFVII with a gorgeous, lush, stylized art scheme and I'd be happy.

I guess that's not really what the series is about though. I would argue that even back in the NES/SNES days, they tried to go for as much realism in the character models as the hardware would allow. FFVII and IX are about the only ones that intentionally made inhuman looking character models.

And yes, I would also dig FFVII's mechanics transplanted to a new game a la Bravely Default.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SkywardLink98

Unpopular Gaming Opinion:
There should be more games like The Walking Dead and people need to quit whining about how it's just "an interactive movie".
EDIT: 2 more of my unpopular opinions for you guys

• Ocarina of Time was mediocre. I only played it for the first time a year or two a go and got to the shadow temple before getting totally bored out of my mind and haven't picked it up since.
  • Super Mario Wold was okay at best. Again, didn't get around to playing it 'till a few years ago and got bored with it too.
    Didn't intend on this until I started thinking about it.
  • Now that I think about it, most of those older games are just okay at best. I guess they were revolutionary at the time, but now they just feel pretty average.

Edited on by SkywardLink98

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Maelstrom

@SkywardLink98 Agreed. I have found few "classics" that aged well and are still fun. So, a list.
Aged poorly:

• All NES games
  • Link to the past
  • Most N64 games (graphicly)
  • Most gameboy games (except for Link's Awakening and Pokemon)

Aged better than most:

• Super Metroid
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Majora's Mask
  • GBA games

I'd add more, but I haven't played enough.

Edited on by Maelstrom

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

LyIa

AlexSays wrote:

Aviator wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

Aviator wrote:

ooh that's hawt

BRINGIN' THE HEAT

The only good thing/s in Conception 2 are the charming ladies. Combat is bland. Music is meh. Sound effects can get ear-piercing. The short 'magical girl' cutscenes are great, though.

Edited on by LyIa

all men are kings 👑

SkywardLink98

Maelstrom wrote:

@SkywardLink98 Agreed. I have found few "classics" that aged well and are still fun. So, a list.
Aged poorly:

• All NES games
  • Link to the past
  • Most N64 games (graphicly)
  • Most gameboy games (except for Link's Awakening and Pokemon)

Aged better than most:

• Super Metroid
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Majora's Mask
  • GBA games

I'd add more, but I haven't played enough.

Super Metroid bored me too, but Majora's Mask was pretty decent. It's not all it's cracked up to be, but it wasn't half bad.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Jazzer94

Unca_Lz wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Wow. I am absolutely disgusted at some of you peoples comments about Let's Players. Though there really is no point in arguing since this is an "unpopular opinion thread" so what else did I expect? Well, thank God your opinion is unpopular. Those people work hard enough as is.

Excuse me? They "work" hard? Oh right, commenting on a video game is hard work.

Let's plays are overrated and pointless. I'm not saying this to troll you. I absolutely believe this

Yep it doesn't take much time to edit most of these let plays there are exceptions but in most cases there is as little editing as possible so I can't see how its hard work.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

unrandomsam

When I have watched Lets Plays most of the time I have stopped straight away and tried to find one of somebody playing the game well/properly. It is usually for more obscure stuff.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

GuSolarFlare

being unpopular never gets old so:

1. Rotation battles are my favorite type of battle in Pokémon.

2. "trusty Dragalge is all you need!!!!"

3. Paper Mario Sticker Star actually has a pretty good replay value if you give it enough time before playing again.

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

GuSolarFlare

Maelstrom wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

3. Paper Mario Sticker Star actually has a pretty good replay value if you give it enough time before playing again.

So does every other game.

well, that's true but some games age badly before having a chance of being fun to replay...

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

DiscoDriver43

The Lorax Movie should go die in a fire. It is the worst Dr. Sessus adaptation. you poorly preach about the enviroment, but then you go ahead and do this? [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKKA3M-2sJc] seriously?

Hollywood loves money too much

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

CanisWolfred

^What does that have to do with games? Or unpopular opinions?

Anyways, NIS is long past its heyday. Disgaea 4 was the last great game they put out, and most of what they've been publishing has been mediocre at best unless its a port of their previously good games. It's a far cry from their PS2 days when most of what NISA published was good, and what they developed was almost consistantly great.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Memeboy3

I got one:

I actually laughed at NoA's decision for putting the limited MK8 bundle for NY only, not because i thought NoA was incompetent or anything, i just had to see the Blue shell figure, and remember the painful memories about it, to know that something like this would happen...

Nintendo Blue shell'd AND Rick roll'd me!

S'up
I love Anime and Wii U and 3DS games with Barry and Ross.
And Im playing Super Mario 3D World, KI:U, Colors, etc
My friend code:
3711- 7655 - 4325
My Nintendo network ID :Pokelover10

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic