Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 12,088

unrandomsam

MarioKartParty57 wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

Stuff like Rogue-like require skill.

Just like you thought platforming was only a race against time in 2D form. hahaha

I didn't. I think it is the art of jumping between platforms. (Doesn't matter whether it is 2D or 3D just that it is being done most of the time for a game to be a platformer).

What are you saying anyway ? Rogue-likes don't require skill ?

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Rumorlife

Ubisoft needs to release their N64 games in the virtual console now please. Tonic Trouble, Rocket Robot on Wheels, Rayman 2 (yeah i said it idc), and S.C.A.R.S.
Tbh I'll settle for the first two (especially cause I'm sure they themselves forgot SCARS exists), but Rayman 2 needs a real HD redo someday, not these sickening DS/3DS remakes that fell flat on their face. But they've already ran that game until the wheels fell off, it just needs to be put back in the vault for a decade.

Rumorlife

AlliMeadow

Out of all the SNES, NES and GB Mario games, I enjoy Super Mario Land 2. I am not too fond of Super Mario Land 3. I think Super Mario World could be a brilliant game, if it weren't for the slippery controls. I like 2D Zelda better than 3D Zelda. I thoroughly enjoy the original Pokémon games, because of the broken game mechanics. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker is the most enjoyable single-player game currently on the Wii U. I generally don't care about story, as long as the gameplay is good. I usually dislike games that aren't made by Nintendo. Xenoblade Chronicles is the exception, as well as the original Need For Speed Most Wanted.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Rumorlife

It feels like 80% of what I play ends up having slippery controls. I'm trying so hard not to break out and complain about pretty much every single Donkey Kong game being an Ice Rink cause ily entire DK series.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

MajinSoul

Tarrazu wrote:

Why are all of your posts completely unnecessary or outright rude?

Glad that I'm not the only one who noticed. Reading these aggressive remarks is quite unsettling tbh.

@Dankykong DKC: Tropical Freeze is the only Donkey Kong game I've played, but the controls felt perfect to me. Have you played that one?

MajinSoul

Nintendo Network ID: UtoKid | Twitter:

unrandomsam

I think Super Mario World has perfect controls on real hardware connected to a CRT. (Neither of the Wii VC or Wii U VC SNES emulators are correct).

AlliMeadow

unrandomsam wrote:

I think Super Mario World has perfect controls on real hardware connected to a CRT. (Neither of the Wii VC or Wii U VC SNES emulators are correct).

That might be why I'm having trouble with the controls. I never had the game on SNES, so I've only experienced it on the Wii U.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

ThePirateCaptain

MajinSoul wrote:

Tarrazu wrote:

Why are all of your posts completely unnecessary or outright rude?

Glad that I'm not the only one who noticed. Reading these aggressive remarks is quite unsettling tbh.

It's probably because he joined 17 hours ago and is having fun trolling a thread already full of unpopular opinions.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

NintendoFan64

MarioKartParty57 wrote:

Brawl is terrible and you all know it's terrible.

In other words, "I hate Brawl and therefore everyone should hate Brawl because my opinion is an absolute fact!"...you are really being rather aggressive with your posts.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Faruko

MarioKartParty57 wrote:

you really need to post the exact same thing 2 times ? it feels like you arent completely sure about your opinion

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Nintendo_Ninja

MarioKartParty57 wrote:

Except it isn't. It has it's flaws, but it's still a good game.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Rumorlife

MajinSoul wrote:

@Dankykong DKC: Tropical Freeze is the only Donkey Kong game I've played, but the controls felt perfect to me. Have you played that one?

Yeah the controls in that are much better, they're pretty similar to DKC Returns and they're both the least slippery ever. SNES & N64 = ice skating all over the place, OMG and if there's actually an ice level, you're rocketing all over the place. Bless save states cause otherwise I don't know how I'd ever get through any of these.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

CanisWolfred

Ice Skates? My only problem with DKC's controls are the fact that Diddy and DK both control slightly differently, and sometimes you're better off with one and not the other. I guess Diddy is a little bit slippery, but DK controls just fine. Though his jump height is slightly less than Diddy's, which is annoying sometimes.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DiscoDriver43

Rayman Origins >> Super Mario 3d Land or any of the New Super Mario Bros games. but then again Yahtzee thinks so as well, so it isn't too unpopular

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

CanisWolfred

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

Rayman Origins >> Super Mario 3d Land or any of the New Super Mario Bros games. but then again Yahtzee thinks so as well, so it isn't too unpopular

...it isn't unpopular at all. I mean, Origins didn't exactly sell gangbusters, but you'd actually be hardpressed to find someone on this forum that liked New Super Mario Bros. 2 more than Rayman Origins that has actually played both games. I think even Waveboy might praise it over the New SMB games...though he didn't seem to care for either of them, tbh.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SuperWiiU

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

So far, every sandbox-based game failed on making the sandbox element relevant in any way beyond "look how big it is" as bait.

I think GTA:SA did. You can't have all that in a non-sandbox enviroment.

KeeperBvK

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

MarioKartParty57 wrote:

Nah, it IS terrible. Both as a sequel and as a game. Both in single- and multiplayer.

KeeperBvK

Whydoievenbother

KeeperBvK wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

MarioKartParty57 wrote:

Nah, it IS terrible. Both as a sequel and as a game. Both in single- and multiplayer.

It was a flawed game, but it was still fun to play.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

unrandomsam

MrMario02 wrote:

KeeperBvK wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

MarioKartParty57 wrote:

It was a flawed game, but it was still fun to play.

Flawed game with good cutscenes seems to be what people want sadly. (Brawl kind of gave them that).

Edited on by unrandomsam

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic