Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 11,901 to 11,920 of 12,088

Anti-Matter

If you keep thinking about obscure / unpopular / underrated games from Nintendo Direct rather than talking about already mainstream games like Zelda / Mario / Splatoon / fire emblem / xenoblade, you are really have great taste of gaming and understand the beauty of hidden gems.

Anti-Matter

Vortexeo

@Snatcher I've mentioned this to someone else here before but I actually think Nopons from Xenoblade would work well as Mario Kart characters 😂

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Snatcher

@FishyS nab it would have been a way better pick just because they aren’t a reskin if peach, peachette is bad choice. And Kirby man I have been wanting Kirby for so long, he is perfect!

@Zuljaras I mean seeing what she can do in her new game I have no doubt she would mess you up lol.

@Anti-Matter Eh the miis are alright, it’s nice that they are there as an option, and I have fun with them! Again better than peachette.

@Vortexeo Oh my goodness yes! I would want a napon so bad! When I started xenoblade I used to kinda hate them, have no idea why because they are the best! But I wonder how they would drive a bike, I never seen the baby models drive one so it would probably be like that.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

Anti-Matter

I personally never like any games made by PlatinumGames, even the games I have such as Transformers Devastation PS3, Star Fox Zero Wii U that I personally don't like to see those games developed by them.
It was like Dang...! I bought the games made by them and I don't even want to support PlatinumGames.
And when I heard the guy from PlatinumGames will quit, just let him go.
I don't even like with that guy too.

Anti-Matter

Matt_Barber

Even Platinum fans don't tend to rate either of those. They've tended to be a bit uneven at the best of times and they're a couple of their least well regarded games; maybe somewhat better than Babylon's Fall but that's not saying a lot. That's not to say that the likes of Bayonetta, Nier: Automata or Astral Chain would be your kind of thing either, but at least someone likes them.

Anyway, I'd think that there's life beyond Hideki Kamiya for Platinum, at least so long as he doesn't spark a mass exodus.

Matt_Barber

RR529

Not really an unpopular opinion as much as it is an observation, but Armored Core 6 has really made me realize how spoiled modern gaming has made me with save points right before bosses.

Now, AC6 does checkpoint you before bosses so you can retry (& rekit) as many times as you want... as long as you don't quit the mission or have to shut the game off for any reason (otherwise it's back to the start of the mission next time you boot it up).

I usually only get to play the PS5 in hour long sessions (give or take a few minutes) due to my schedule, and the end of Chapter 1 boss (NOT the Mission 1 boss) is kind of a wall for me. I'll start the mission, and while the first couple encounters (with regular enemies) are easy enough, I'll usually die 2 or 3 times trying to take down the mid-boss, then once I finally make it to the main boss I usually only get a few tries to take it down before I have to put the game up (especially since I have to spend time tweaking my build between attempts), and I just can't get into the groove in enough time. Then, the entire process repeats.

It's not that I completely balk at tough bosses (I've completed Metroid Dread and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 & 2, and each of those have had at least one boss that took me 20+ times to beat, as well as the Vader fight in Jedi Survivor), but there's something so reassuring about being able to put the game down and knowing I'll be able to pick right back up where I left off.

Knowing I'll have to replay parts of the game I've already cleared is just so demoralizing. And yes, I know Armored Core is supposed to be just as much about your current build as it is pure skill, but I honestly found myself doing even worse with the "recommended" builds compared to what I usually roll with (not that I was making much if any headway with that either).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NintendoByNature

@RR529 oh boy, I've been eyeing AC6 since I have some xbox credit to spend. I struggle with all souls like games, and while I know it's not really a souls like, it sounds like it has just enough elements to keep me from buying it. I really didn't like elden ring tbh. Maybe I should steer clear of all from soft games I guess.

NintendoByNature

RR529

@NintendoByNature, yeah, as someone who really enjoyed Daemon X Machina I was really looking forward to AC6, but I think the skill ceiling may just be a bit too high for me. It's a shame too as I definitely can tell how fun it can be when I'm not being frustrated, and I do prefer it's aesthetics over DXM, but it may not be for me.

IIRC, a DXM sequel was announced some time ago (not sure if any platforms were given), so maybe I'll just have to wait for that one.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

judaspete

In the past couple years I've played Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, Star Wars Squadrons, and Battlefront 2. It pains me a bit to say this, but EA might actually be a pretty good game company.

judaspete

My Nintendo: judaspete | Nintendo Network ID: judaspete

kkslider5552000

judaspete wrote:

In the past couple years I've played Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, Star Wars Squadrons, and Battlefront 2. It pains me a bit to say this, but EA might actually be a pretty good game company.

To be fair, that's 5 games in the past 6 or so years, which still have caveats:
-Battlefield followed up 1 with a complete disaster of a game
-Titanfall 2 sold well, but not well enough for EA so between that and Apex Legends' success, Titanfall is permanently MIA even though everyone has been begging for a sequel (with likely way more fandom and success than, say, F-Zero has had)
-Battlefront 2 was so bad at launch that it prompted investigations from multiple governments about its monetization.

Most of the big companies still makes good games, its everything surrounding that is when things become very bad, very quickly.

But I will say, even with all that, EA's not...the worst company the past few years (barring their sports titles). The bar is in fact, incredibly low.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Matt_Barber

I dislike EA more on account of their predatory monetization, studio acquisitions and closures, and the poor treatment of their workforce. In a business where such bad practices are merely the industry standard - see Ubisoft and Activision Blizzard - they're not really that much of an outlier there though.

While I'll still pick up the occasional good game (e.g. It Takes Two, Command & Conquer: Remastered) they're definitely not having a cent from me for loot boxes.

Matt_Barber

FishyS

@kkslider5552000 I'd like to see a new Simcity game personally. EA has some fantastic franchises they don't do much with.

@Matt_Barber An actual new Command and Conquer game would be great.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Matt_Barber

FishyS wrote:

@Matt_Barber An actual new Command and Conquer game would be great.

Yeah, I'd like one too.

Realistically though, the series could never be the same again after the closure of Westwood Studios and the resultant break-up of the creative team behind it and all the other great games they made. If we're talking reasons why we don't like EA, that's top of my list.

Maybe if they gave a free rein to Petroglyph Games, who made the Remasters and are mostly run by ex-Westwood developers, there'd be a chance of something decent coming of it though.

Matt_Barber

Fizza

Gaming is a hell of a lot more enjoyable if you don't force yourself to play every single new thing the second it originally comes out.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

FishyS

Fizza wrote:

Gaming is a hell of a lot more enjoyable if you don't force yourself to play every single new thing the second it originally comes out.

I don't know about more or less enjoyable, but it's certainly much cheaper not to. I try to minimize not-on-sale games so for many games I wait a year or two. Although there are exceptions, like the upcoming Mario where I am just too impatient.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

kkslider5552000

As someone who has gone from focusing on brand new releases to not doing that much the past few years, I've found it to be a mostly lateral move in terms of quality gaming. I wasn't gonna buy bad or mediocre new games just because they were new.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

moomin

The Tony Hawk series reached its peak with 3. I think that's an orthodox opinion, but I would go further to suggest 4 was a noticeable if not inevitable decline. THUG jumped the shark completely.

Edited on by moomin

There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the faults of his feet.

blindsquirrel

Fizza wrote:

This is especially true this month. So many good games out there with Spider-Man and Mario Wonder being the highlights. My original plan was to buy both on launch, but luckily decided against it. One would ultimately collect dust until I could find the time to play, which would be awhile.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Rambler

FishyS wrote:

Fizza wrote:

I don't know about more or less enjoyable, but it's certainly much cheaper not to. I try to minimize not-on-sale games so for many games I wait a year or two. Although there are exceptions, like the upcoming Mario where I am just too impatient.

That's the bit I don't understand - people complaining about games getting more expensive (inflation?), but then detailing their backlog.

Rambler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic