Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 10,141 to 10,160 of 12,088

roy130390

@Snatcher Your friend pretty much summarised perfectly what I tried to say with my ramblings haha. That's great! I'm honestly pretty curious about your impressions and I really hope that you enjoy it. If you need help with anything, feel free to ask me.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Snatcher

@roy130390 LOl, its funny because they told me that before I started the game, telling me the story is in my face like that.
As for help oh yes, I actually do need help, I'm at soul level 22 at the moment I think, and I just can't get pass one of the guys to progress the story, when he pulls out the hammer, I never get far, and I might roll to much, but I have gotten used to I framing his moves.

As for what I think about to game, I actually have it all on pushQ, so I will post it on the souls thread soon.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

BruceCM

Do post about that in the Soulsbourne thread, @Snatcher .... I'm not immediately sure which boss you're talking about, though! Which area, etc?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Snatcher

@BruceCM I think there name is margit? I think.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

BruceCM

OK, @Snatcher .... Well, there's always the go around exploring more option? I think I was level 25 for that 1, with some better weapons than the starting ones
Others may have more ideas if you like to ask in the other thread, though! Sorry if that's not much help

SW-4357-9287-0699

Snatcher

@BruceCM No no it is, all Tips are helpful, as I never played a souls game before.

BruceCM

Yeah, well, I only played Dark Souls Remastered before Elden Ring, @Snatcher .... It's much more open than that, so there's more options! There was at least 1 decent sword just in a chest with no particular guards, for instance, fairly soon after coming out of the tutorial cave if you explored a bit
I might not be the best advisor, I died about 1000 times playing the game.....

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dogorilla

@TrainerRosa I forgot to mention regional variants but those were a great addition, I'm glad there have been more of those in the following games. Though I think they've slightly overcomplicated the concept by introducing exclusive evolutions for some of the regional variants. I would prefer it if any new evolutions were also available for that Pokemon's standard form to evolve into.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

VoidofLight

The only good things from sun and moon were regional variants and the new pokemon. The rest made for a horrible experience, aside from Team Skull.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

NintendoByNature

Pokemon moon is actually my next game I'm going to play after I'm finished with DKCR 3d. Trying to keep a steady flow of one 3ds/WiiU game and one switch game at a time since my backlog is getting out of hand for those 3 systems.

NintendoByNature

Buizel

Regional variants were a neat idea at first but my feelings on them now are quite mixed. On one hand it's nice breathing new life into old Pokemon (including adding new types, stat distributions and evolutions)...on the other hand, I tend to prefer the original designs more and I often wish that the new evolutions went to the original forms (see: Farfetch'd).

I also feel like they're gonna cause problems for the series in the long run in terms of bringing Pokemon back.

At least 2'8".

Fizza

@Buizel Preferring the original designs is entirely subjective so I won't fault you there (even if I personally prefer almost all variants compared to the og's) but in regards to the whole regional evolution thing, I really like it personally since it lets them make Pokemon that you simply couldn't see working with the original. Obstagoon is a perfect example: it looks wildly different from regular Zigzagoon/Linoone but when paired with the Galarian variants that precede it, it looks totally natural. Plus, it's a great way to both give love and attention to a neglected line whilst fitting in an important part of British culture with rock. Also, if we're to go off Stantler and Ursaring in Legends Arceus, it seems their not done with plain old regular evos just yet.

As for bringing mons back, each game from SwSh on has a selective amount of Pokemon brought back with each generation, with some having regional variants and others not. That's probably going to be the way they keep the amount of different Pokemon they need to bring back down in each gen. SwSh itself didn't have all regional variants (Alolan Muk why did they do you so dirty) so it'll probably be the same in Scarlet and Violet as well.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Gen 6 is what brought me back to Pokemon after a hiatus. After being disappointed by Diamond, I skipped Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Platinum, Black/White and Black 2/White 2 but then became interested in X/Y from the Directs. I enjoyed it a lot (Gens 3 and 6 are my current favourites).

After playing through Brilliant Diamond, while it does have issues like pacing between the 2nd and 3rd gyms as well as overall difficulty (e.g. Cynthia is brutal) I get the feeling that the biggest problem with Diamond back then was actually franchise burnout.

For that reason I'm unsure whether to bother with Scarlet/Violet, it feels way too early for Gen 9.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Buizel

@Fizza good points tbh - I'm glad PLA has at least shown they're willing to give old forms evolutions still.

As for returning regional forms - it is true that they've managed to bring a few of them back but they mostly amount to trades / gifts which is a bit of a shame. But perhaps trades would make most sense moving forward (and would actually make in-game trades worthwhile, which hasn't been the case in most games IMO).

At least 2'8".

VoidofLight

I think regional variants are a pretty good idea. I vastly prefer most of the ones we've gotten to the original designs, and they offer a new opportunity to old and forgotten pokemon that people rarely use or like. Sword and Shield were the first time I actually wanted to use Zigzagoon on my own team. They also offer a way to get "new" pokemon, while only having to make a new form, instead of having to raise the dex count.

Snatcher

TBH with you, I don't think they do enough variants, It would be so cool if I could have a fire type blastiose or a a ice type charaizard.

Edited on by Snatcher

Greatluigi

@Snatcher you mean like turning blastiose’s shoulder cannons into flamethrower’s?
Heck yeah!

Greatluigi

Snatcher

@Greatluigi You know it, it would be so cool!

Fizza

@VoidofLight I've always wondered whether or not regional variants actually reduce 'Pokedex bloat' or not. When you get down to the game development side of things, they're technically entirely brand new Pokemon. They need to have a different model, animations, type, abilities, movepool, the works really. Then again, a lot of the groundwork is already done with the original mon so they absolutely fall into a grey area. I'm not complaining in the slightest though since a lot of my favourite mons from the new generations are regional variants (Alolan Muk, Galarian Corsola/Cursola, ALL OF THE HISUIAN VARIANTS just to name a few) and I'll take any opportunity to spice up a bland design (looking at you Stantler, you're actually cool and interesting now).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

VoidofLight

@Fizza It technically reduces bloat, since it's not making an entirely new species, and counts as the original number of the pokemon it's supposed to be in the dex itself.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic