Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 841 to 860 of 1,556

Dogorilla

Angus at Home was one of my nominations but I can't even be annoyed that it's being trounced by Knuckles' Theme, it's an incredible song.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Snatcher

@ThePirateCaptain I’m really loving these matchups, but some of these are so hard to pick over the other 😭

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

NF6429

@ThePirateCaptain Oh is Frog's theme and Schala's theme in the bracket, I thought since the links got deleted you didn't add them? If they do need to be replaced, I can link two songs.

NF6429

ThePirateCaptain

@Eel
Thanks for catching that. There were a number of songs posted multiple times so I guess one snuck through. I’ll replace it with something else before the next round.

@NF6429
Yes I did get those two in, don’t worry.

Edited on by ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

BabyYoda71

@ThePirateCaptain I applaud you for even making a bracket that 100 songs fit in, let alone making sure those 100 songs are different… it must have taken hours!

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

ThePirateCaptain
Anti-Matter

Ugh....
My choice Lupin the 3rd '78 has been eliminated. 😔
It was my favorite Super Eurobeat song on DDR.
I have voted Furuhata's Theme from DDR 4th Mix.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Eel

@Anti-Matter It would be fun if you tried to vote on the other polls every now and then too.

Maybe you'll find a nice song or two from games you would otherwise never hear.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I'm not interested with other songs like from Smash Bros games, Zelda games, etc as I don't play those games.
I grew up and listen songs from DDR and other BEMANI games as they have Superb quality that I like more than the other songs from non Rhythm games.

Anti-Matter

Dogorilla

@Anti-Matter You don't have to play or like the games to appreciate their music.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Fizza

You always have a small bias towards the ones you suggested yourself and I was sure I was going to pick Mike's Song because of that. However, I am shocked by how amazing Laura's theme is. I've never heard it before since I've never played a Silent Hill before but the melodramatic rock guitar showcasing both hope and hopelessness is simply masterful, it's genuinely one of my new favourite video game songs now.

The other ones I went for are Linebeck's Theme (who doesn't love Linebeck? No, seriously, WHO DOESN'T LOVE LINEBECK?) and Believe in Myself (I'm so sorry Miitopia, but the main melody of Tails' Theme absolutely carries it. THAT GUITAR).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Eel

I absolutely prefer Linebecks Theme over that version of Sarias Song.

I’m only disappointed by the fact I didn’t think of nominating it myself!

And yeah Lauras Theme is just a great song! I’m not much of a Silent Hill player myself (I’ve only played a few of the games on my own, and 2 isn’t one of them!) but that song has remained a favorite ever since I first heard it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

kkslider5552000

I dunno if this is a controversial opinion but I don't particularly like any of the lyrical Warioware songs in Smash Bros. The lower quality versions on GBA/DS are so much more charming.

By contrast that Sonic Adventure 2 song is probably also at least partially not good, but the singing combined with the actual music vaguely reminds me of the Go Go's, which makes me feel kinder towards it. (even if its still a lower tier SA2 song)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Fizza

@Eel I absolutely had that moment earlier on: I nominated World Bowser, completely forgetting that Fury Bowser was a thing.
Untitled

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Snatcher

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Eel
I'm not interested with other songs like from Smash Bros games, Zelda games, etc as I don't play those games.
I grew up and listen songs from DDR and other BEMANI games as they have Superb quality that I like more than the other songs from non Rhythm games.

There are a lot of games I’m not a fan of but still Enjoy the music, it’s not like the devs make all of he music.

@Fizza Too true, it’s kinda hard for me to pick mine over others, depending if I actually like the other song or not, but I try not too tho, in his case I like tails theme more this time.

My pick is up against miitopia, not even sure if it will make it to round two lol, didn’t think that will happen.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Eel

@kkslider5552000 I did consider nominating the originals over the arrangements, but Ashley's in particular sounds pretty... Crunchy? The smash bros song is just a little easier on the ears.

On the case of Tails Theme, I do like the nostalgic guitar, but the voice kinda ruins it for me. I think I would prefer an instrumental version.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BabyYoda71

Obviously voted Laura’s Theme, not only because it’s a masterpiece, but because I genuinely dislike Mike’s Theme for some reason.
I personally think Linebeck’s Theme is a bit overrated… so I went with Saria’s Theme because it’s one of my favourite Zelda songs.
I’m really not a fan of those Sonic lyrical songs, so I went with Ashley’s Theme, it’s pretty good.
The last one was hard, because both songs are instrumented wonderfully, but I went with Frog’s Theme.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

ThePirateCaptain

Sorry, it’s finals week so I’ve been busy and haven’t had a chance to post the next round. I’ll try to have it up sometime tomorrow.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

ThePirateCaptain

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic