Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,556

Anti-Matter

I voted Dancing Pompokolin by Captain Jack from DDR 5th Mix.

Anti-Matter

Eel

Aw it seems the ballad of the wind fish has been removed by nintendo

Koume and Kotake's theme has always been one of those songs I stop and listen to for a while whenever it happens in OoT and MM, though it is a short loop, I just like how it feels like the two sisters bickering in song form.

Dizzy's theme was pretty fun to listen to, as well.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BabyYoda71

There lots of great songs in this one, and after I voted, three of the five polls were at a 2-2 tie…

Tidus’ Theme was pretty good, so I voted for that.
Lost Girl is still one of my favourite VGM songs of all time, so I had to vote for it. I really hope it moves on…
I never played Diamond and Pearl, but Cynthia’s Theme will be a song that always sticks with me because it’s amazing.
Luigi has a strangely good theme… I didn’t even know characters had themes in that game. I still went with Maya Fey because I remember her theme being awesome.
The last one was so very cruel: those are probably both in my top 10 favourite VGM songs of all time. But Fallen Down is #1, so of course I voted for it.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Fizza

Dizzy's Theme is ****** amazing. Whilst I'm a big fan of Tidus' slow strings, I'd never heard Dizzy's Theme before so I had no idea what to expect and was worried it was going to go down the route of generic religious song with the operatic beginning. But the minute those hopeful guitars kicked in, it was pure bliss. Big fan of both though, don't mind who goes through.

The other ones I voted for included Ballad of the Windfish (I love Link's Awakening and hearing this makes me incredibly sad. Obviously 10/10), Cynthia's Theme (Pompokolin is an absolute banger, but I've always liked how much fear this theme struck into my heart, despite never playing Gen 4 until BDSP, where they made it EVEN BETTER), Maya Fey's Theme (this is the definition of, if you haven't played the games, it's good. If you have, it's one of the best songs in video game history) and Fallen Down (love that extra underlying melody that comes in halfway through, it's so nice).

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

ThePirateCaptain

New matchups will be coming tomorrow afternoon. Stay tuned!

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Snatcher

@Fizza Guilty gears music is on another level! ( I’m also happy people like my pick!)

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

ThePirateCaptain
Anti-Matter

Ugh....
Peoples just have no appreciation with DDR songs. 😩
I voted Dancing Pompokolin from DDR 5th Mix and yet still didn't make a cut.
It was tie by Pokemon OST.

Anti-Matter

Eel

Fawful vs Godot seems… Strangely fitting?

Also Big vs Shadow, both have this inherent background cringe to them, but Big’s wins because it’s fun.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BabyYoda71

Yeah, half the songs are eliminated… that’s generally how a bracket works… It’s very sad Lost Girl was eliminated in the first round, it’s such a great song it was just pit against a really popular one so early on.

This time, I voted Ace Attorney because that song is amazing. I didn’t vote on the second one because I don’t really like either one so I’ll let you guys pick. I voted for KH and Pokémon on the next two. Finally, Dark Pit is the only song I recognized this round and it’s really good so voted that one.

ThePirateCaptain
Eel

Making me choose between Kefka and Fi...

Untitled

Also, love how the last of the set is a king vs king matchup

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BabyYoda71

This time I voted Ace Attorney, FFVI, Origami King, NieR and King Dedede. I guess I’m the only one who doesn’t love Fi’s Farewell…

BruceCM

I just voted for Kefka's theme, too, @BabyYoda71 ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

StarPoint

You HAD to put A Wish up against Vs. Ridley?!?!? This is probably the toughest decision I've ever had to make in my life

EDIT: I decided to go with A Wish, mainly because it gives me chills every single time I listen to it, and I associate it with the best Mario game ever and my favorite game of all time. But man, Ridley's theme is so good too. I will say that I prefer the Prime version of his theme more, though.

Edited on by StarPoint

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 3 Reload (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Eel

Ridley is gonna take a Luma to the face.

I just wish the song was a bit longer.

Also... Is that O'Chunks song actually from the game? It kinda seems like a fan version?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NF6429

@ThePirateCaptain As much as I'd love for my nomination, Akuma's Theme, to get through, Nier's Song of the Ancients won by 6-1, not Akuma's Theme. Also, the O'Chunks song seems to be a fan cover of the original song, which was just an instrumental. I only mention it since you said before that arranged songs aren't allowed, so I'm not sure whether covers are also included.

Edited on by NF6429

NF6429

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic