Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,556

Captain_Toad

Best mountain theme?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Anti-Matter

My ideas:
1. Best Rhythm games songs
2. Best Instrumental games songs
3. Best Mii games OST

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

ThePirateCaptain

We got a lot of good ideas so picked 9 and made a poll. To reduce the chance of a tie I made it so you can choose your top three options and we can narrow it down from there.

Vote for the next theme

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

BabyYoda71

Ooh Character Themes is a good one. I’d also love Smash remixes, I hope we do both sometime. But Shop and City themes are also amazing.

Edited on by BabyYoda71

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Anti-Matter

I voted for Futuristic theme songs since I listened a lot DDR or other BEMANI songs by Sota Fujimori.

Anti-Matter

ThePirateCaptain

As of right now Smash Bros Remixes and Character Themes are leading the voting. Quite a few others are only one vote behind but if things stay this way another day we’ll choose from the leaders.

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

It looks like Character themes has pulled ahead in voting so unless there are any objections we can get started posting songs! I’m sure everyone knows but just to be clear, for a song to be eligible it must be associated with a specific character from a game.

ThePirateCaptain

inenai

Well here goes my vote:
Laguna's theme from Final Fantasy VIII, The man with the machine gun:

Zelda and Sonic forever, just not in a shippy way.

Eel

Ah! Lemme begin with a few:

Kefka's Theme, Final Fantasy VI
Terra's Theme, Final Fantasy VI The Pixel Remaster
Dawn's Theme, Pokemon Shining Pearl/Brilliant Diamond
Cynthia's Theme, Pokemon Shining Pearl/Brilliant Diamond
Lillie's Theme, Pokemon Sun/Moon
Lusamine's Theme, Pokemon Sun/Moon
Theme of Laura, Silent Hill 2 <- a bit of a stretch since the theme is actually largely considered the main theme of the game itself, and doesn't normally play in relation to the character Laura, but that's its name!
Ada's Theme, Resident Evil 2
Saria's Song, TLoZ: Ocarina of Time
Revali's Theme, TLoZ: Breath of the Wild
Mipha's Theme,TLoZ: Breath of the Wild
Penny's Song, WarioWare: Get It Together!
Ashley's Song, Super Smash Bros Brawl (WarioWare: Touched!)
Mike's Song, Super Smash Bros Brawl (WarioWare: Touched!)
Theme of Samus, Metroid Dread
Peach's Theme, Paper Mario
Angry Bowser, Paper Mario
Olivia's Plea, Paper Mario: The Origami King
Theme of Rogue, Sonic Adventure 2
Theme of Amy, Sonic Adventure

I kinda want to include this one as Jimmy's stage theme from WarioWare DIY, but I'm not sure if it counts as his character theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpYYkOwtu1Y
(same thing with the Mona Pizza theme from WarioWare Twisted)

vvv these are premade formats so I can add more later.
[url=][/url],
[url=][/url],

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NF6429

Are we allowed songs from arranged or live versions of game soundtracks? I was gonna post Professor Laytons theme, but I prefer the live version to the original.

NF6429

Eel

@NF6429 hah don't worry about going overboard, just look at my ever growing list.

Though if everyone wants to set a limit of songs per person that'd be fine too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dogorilla

A nomination limit for each person may be a good idea so the tournament doesn't take forever. We'll see what the Captain thinks.

Anyway, good to see lots of Ace Attorney choices already, I'll nominate Gumshoe's theme as well.

And Midna's Lament from Twilight Princess counts, right?

Edited on by Dogorilla

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

NF6429

@Eel I mean, a character can have two themes linked with them, that one is directly associated to Midna, no one else, so I'd think it'd count. A nomination limit would really depend on how many songs everyone submits, but if it does become too much, 8 so songs seems like a good limit for each person.

NF6429

Fizza

Can I put down more than one suggestion? If so:
World Bowser, Super Mario 3D World (OK HEAR ME OUT. I know this is technically an area theme but the theme used is Bowser's leitmotif throughout the entire game but jazzed up to an insane degree. Therefore it counts? Kind of? I just love this theme man)
Maya Fey's Theme (Turnabout Sisters), Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (incredibly difficult to choose between the og and JFA versions but I went with the original because of how innocent and hopeful it sounds, contrasting the.... well, you know)
Godot ~ The Fragrance of Black Coffee, Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations (if this song doesn't get through to the voting stage this tourney is rigged)
Herlock Sholmes' Theme, The Great Ace Attorney Adventures (ok, I know there's AA oversaturation but how could I ignore the absolute bangers the series produces?! Herlock's theme perfectly encapsulates his eccentricity yet devilish genius at the same time and it's so, so good because of it)
N's Theme, Pokemon Black White (this theme's creepy. It has such a childlike innocence to it with the most unsettling undertone possible that blend perfectly with N's general demeanour and beliefs. AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON HIS ROOM)
Calem/Serena Theme, Pokemon XY (for how personality-lacking the protags were in their games, their respective theme is one of the most touching and moving Pokemon songs ever made. XY signalled the new era of Pokemon and this theme feels like such a wonderful piece to end it on. I suppose that's the power of music huh....)
Gladion's Theme, Pokemon Sun Moon (SM has far too many amazing character themes to list here but if I had to pick one, it would have to be Gladion. It was THIIIIIIIIIIS close to being Lillie/Guzma, but the raw anger and rage this theme emanates before masterfully leaning into his battle theme is just muah, chef's kiss)
King Dedede's Theme, Kirby's Return to Dreamland (this is stretching it, but since this is his theme and no-one elses and it repeats throughout every game he's in, I think it counts. Dedede has so many banging versions of his theme (and I haven't even heard his Forgotten Land one yet!) but I went with his RtD version for the punchiness and speed of it compared to other versions)
Mike's Song, Warioware (heard this song for the first time in Smash and instantly fell in love. It's so peppy and bouncy)
Ultra Demon Lord, Miitopia (hopelessness incarnate. A beautiful corruption of the Great Sage's Theme with the usually bubbly Mii gibberish turning dreary and bleak. Masterful. Mind you I almost went with the King for the meme factor, those boms man...)

I may add more if I can think of any but these are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head.

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Dogorilla

@Eel Maybe, but I think it's fair to say Midna's Lament is specifically associated with Midna, so... it might count?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic