Forums

Topic: The NintendoLife VGM Tournament: Best City / Urban Theme (Round Two)

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,556

ThePirateCaptain
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 wrote:

TheJGG wrote:

Prison Island versus Temple of Time? I don’t think that’s a hard choice...

is this sarcasm? I can't tell...

I hope this wasn't implying Temple of Time had no chance, or else this will be awkward.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

jedgamesguy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

TheJGG wrote:

Prison Island versus Temple of Time? I don’t think that’s a hard choice...

is this sarcasm? I can't tell...

I hope this wasn't implying Temple of Time had no chance, or else this will be awkward.

I meant Temple of Time was an easy win because of the thematic relevance. I'd pick Prison Island any day if it was about songs in general. But it doesn't have the ruin vibe as well.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

kkslider5552000

TheJGG wrote:

I meant Temple of Time was an easy win because of the thematic relevance. I'd pick Prison Island any day if it was about songs in general. But it doesn't have the ruin vibe as well.

Huh.

I honestly thought I was the only one that even considered that and that everyone was just voting for the song they liked the most regardless (a reasonable thing to do, to be fair).

Though for me, I felt both songs weren't ones I expected people to have strong opinions about. BOTW Temple of Time isn't music I'd generally consider to be "listen to in my own time" music and is there largely for in-game atmosphere (in-game nostalgia?) and Prison Island isn't a Xenoblade song I think of much (and isn't even the most memorable song used for this area). But considering the last one was won by the Paper Mario game no one talks about ever, I probably shouldn't assume anything.

Dogorilla

I do take the thematic relevance into account to some extent, but for the most part if someone's nominated a song they can probably justify it fitting the theme, so I don't think about it too much.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

BabyYoda71

Oh I don’t pay any attention to the theme, I just vote for whatever I like.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

BabyYoda71

@ThePirateCaptain My Strawpoll is glitching and it won’t let me submit my votes. So if I may, I’ll just tell you what songs I old vote for and you can add them?

Super Smash Melee, Tropical Freeze, Celeste and Donkey Kong Country Returns. Hopefully you’ll see this message. Sorry, hopefully my wifi will work again next round!

ThePirateCaptain

@BabyYoda71
No problem, I know the polls can be finicky sometimes. When I ran this tournament years ago we didn’t even use polls, everyone just posted their vote in the thread so it takes me back a little.

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain

ThePirateCaptain
kkslider5552000

The later rounds tend to be quicker to choose because I know how I feel about the songs at this point, so I generally have one to choose immediately.

Dogorilla

How am I the only person who's voted for Celeste??

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

BabyYoda71

@ThePirateCaptain My straw polls still won’t work. I tried on my computer but it didn’t work there either, so I’ll just say I vote for Tropical Freeze, Celeste, Wind Waker, and Skyward Sword.

@Dogorilla IT OFFENDS ME THAT NOBODY ELSE HAS VOTED FOR THE GREATEST VIDEO GAME SONG OF ALL TIME.

kkslider5552000

I should give away that despite adoring Celeste's soundtrack, I voted against it maybe every time. I neither think its a high point of the soundtrack, nor something that makes me think of ruins (I don't even remember what the B or C side temple is even like)

BabyYoda71

@kkslider5552000 I’ve never played the game, so I wouldn’t know if it’s a ruin. I don’t really base my votes off of thematic relevance anyway.

ThePirateCaptain

This round was pretty tough, I’m interested to see what song eventually comes out on top. Moving on are Metroid Prime at 3-2, Celeste at 4-3, Xenoblade Chronicles at 3-2, and Snake Pass at 4-2.
Link to the bracket

Semifinal Round

Chozo Ruins - Metroid Prime vs. Mirror Temple (Mirror Magic Mix) - Celeste

Vote here

Agrinatha, Mechonis Capital (Night) - Xenoblade Chronicles: D... vs. Sog-Gee’s Realm - Snake Pass

Vote here

ThePirateCaptain

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic