Forums

Topic: The Mega Man Fan Club

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 1,455

RevolverLink

Happy_Mask wrote:

I only have megaman 1-3. 1 was pretty fun, 2 was easily my favorite out of 'em all, and 3 was bleh for me. Do the NES games get any better? Not too interested in the X games, but I do love the 8 bit megaman style.

I think the general consensus is that the later NES games aren't as good as 2 or 3, but that they're all still fun and worthwhile games.

And I generally agree with that sentiment, except for 6, which is my favorite game in the series. I suspect that I'm mostly on an island with that one though.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

MegaStoneSmash91

@RevolverLink: I must be on that island somewhere too, because I love 6. One of the best of the 8-bit games.

And yeah, I'd say that the latter 3 games aren't as highly praised as 2 or 3, but it also depends on how much of a fan of the series you are. If you love Mega Man to death, then you'll love all the games despite what others say. Mega Man 4 and 6 are 2 of my favorites, actually.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

MrWalkieTalkie

Bad News. Turns out that Capcom's recent announcements of the GameBoy Mega Man games coming to 3DS Virtual Console really was the "Special Mega Man Announcement" they had planned for Comic-Con. I was expecting something exciting... :/
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=208061

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Tasuki

Well the last few days I have been watching some Mega Man X LPs and its got me thinking of giving this series another chance. So I am thinking of downloading Mega Man X on the Wii U VC. Anyone know if X2 will be making its way to the Wii U VC?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MegaStoneSmash91

@Tasuki: It will happen eventually, since it was on the Wii's VC. I doubt they would leave something like that off of the Wii U's VC. It'll probably take time, of course, considering the slow release of games to the service.

On another note, there has been a serious lack of discussion here lately. Do we really not have anything to talk about?

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Tasuki

Actually the only Mega Man thing i have been doing lately is watching LPS on the X series. I have yet to play Mega Man Ultimate but lately I just dont have time for games. I have been thinking strongly of buying the Mega Man X collection on PS2 but first I need to get a working PS2 lol.

My Backlog

Tasuki

SO before I pick up a copy of the MMX Collection I have to ask. is there any funky control problems like the MM AC on Gamecube. Also are the later games in the series really that bad? I have only played a bit of X1 and X2 and that was it for the series.

My Backlog

Happy_Mask

I played through MM2 again yesterday, and I'm starting to think it's one of the best platformers out there. I do enjoy 3 to an extent now though, and I'm thinking I might try 6, so I can play the MegaMan game that has every mechanic of NES megaman perfected. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Tasuki

Happy_Mask wrote:

I played through MM2 again yesterday, and I'm starting to think it's one of the best platformers out there. I do enjoy 3 to an extent now though, and I'm thinking I might try 6, so I can play the MegaMan game that has every mechanic of NES megaman perfected. :3

Tell me that after you use Rush in that game.

My Backlog

Geonjaha

Finished up with all the NES Mega Man games I bought for 3DS.
They're what I end up coming back to again and again even though I've finished them all.
From playing all 6 from scratch (Except 5 - waiting to play it on the Wii U) my preferences are as follows;
3 > 6 > 4 > 2 > 1

Still waiting for the GB ones to hit the VC, seeing as those are the ones I grew up on. :3

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Happy_Mask

@Tasuki What, did they butcher Rush? I think I wanna play the rest of the classic series anyway though, the visuals and music just scream "This is some of the best the NES can offer!". And I have a new found appreciation of Magnet Man, his theme is so awesome~

Geonjaha

Happy_Mask wrote:

@Tasuki What, did they butcher Rush? I think I wanna play the rest of the classic series anyway though, the visuals and music just scream "This is some of the best the NES can offer!". And I have a new found appreciation of Magnet Man, his theme is so awesome~

No they actually perfected Rush. Rush abilities now no longer need to be recharged like normal abilities - so no more of getting stuck half way through a level. Plus it looks cooler, and makes more sense.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

Happy_Mask

@Geonjaha Oh. Well that helps quite a bit, I can't tell you how many times I've had to force myself to get a game over so I could have full item 1 to jump across a certain gap in MM2's Wily stage 1. D:

Geonjaha

Happy_Mask wrote:

@Geonjaha Oh. Well that helps quite a bit, I can't tell you how many times I've had to force myself to get a game over so I could have full item 1 to jump across a certain gap in MM2's Wily stage 1. D:

Haha, tell me about it. It seems like half the time on MM2's Wily Stage 1 was just using Rush abilities and switching back and forth (At least the music was awesome :3).

Geonjaha

Tasuki

@Happy_Mask: Well what Geonjaha said is true but I dont like how they did Rush in this game. I am sure you know but just in case you didn't

SPOILER!!!

In MM 6 Rush combines into Mega Man to form suits. Its a neat idea dont get me wrong but if they were going that route they might as well not even include Rush.

END SPOILER

@Geonjaha: I can't tell you how many time I have replayed the Mega Man series, and I have played them from the beginning of the NES days. The first time I saw Mega Man II was in my first issue of Nintendo Power the one with Dr Wily and Mega Man on the cover. SO yeah you can probably think of how many times I have replayed those games through the years. Also to mention how many times I have rebought the Mega Man games.

I have Mega Man 2, 3, 4 and 6 on the NES
The Mega Man Anniversary Collection on Game Cube
And now Mega Man 2, 3, and 4 on the 3DS VC.

My Backlog

MegaStoneSmash91

@Tasuki: I'm not sure if you've already bought it by now, since you asked about in on the previous page, but there are no control issues in the Mega Man X Collection. No swapped button crap, and each game has it's own customizable controls. In terms of quality, the games on this collection are much better emulated than the ones on the Mega Man Anniversary Collection. Very few problems here.

As for the quality of the games themselves, X 1-4 are all great, X5 is OK, and X6......well let's just say it's far from perfect. My advice is just to play them for yourself and see what you think.

About Rush.....I think the only time they truly ruined him was in Mega Man 5. Rush Coil operated much differently in that game. Instead of the Coil sending you up a set height automatically, you have to jump off of him after his platform raises up a ways. It also costs more weapon energy to use it than in the other games. Pointless change.

And also, since you shared, here's how many times I've bought the games:

Mega Man 1-6 on NES
Mega Man 1-5 on Wii VC (They never released 6 for some reason)
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Mega Man 2-6 on 3DS VC. (Didn't feel like getting the first)

Beep.
That is all.

Tasuki

@MegaStoneSmash91: Wow you bought the Mega Mans on Wii VC you truly are a hardcore Mega Man fan lol . I probably would have done the same except at the time when they came out on the Wii VC I didnt have a whole lot of money to spend on games so I opt out of getting them on the Wii VC since I had them on the GC disc and the Wii could play the GC discs.

And to answer your question nope I haven't bought it yet since I have yet to find a working PS2 for a good price, but that is good to hear about the buttons and the emulation. As soon as I find a PS2 I will be picking that one up for sure.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@Waveboy: What??? They didn't release MM 6 on the Wii U yet? I thought they did. As for the loopy control on the AC that was only on the GC version. The Xbox you can map your buttons and the PS2 the buttons were set the right way.

Lately I've been playing MM 2 on my 3DS XL which is alot better then the 3DS

My Backlog

Ryno

@WaveBoy: Are you looking for just he cart of Mega Man 7? Because you can find that for under $200 pretty easily on ebay. I got the Mega Man Collection for Playstation 2 which is fine on my PS3. But if Capcom ever has a mega Mega Man sale on the Wii U VC games I will probably pick them up. I too wonder why they haven't put Mega Man 6 on the VC yet.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Sorry, this topic has been locked.