Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 96,641 to 96,660 of 96,729

Tyranexx

@Sunsy Glad your Mother's Day went well too! Ghirardelli is a great chocolate brand; I'm sure she appreciated the chocolate, movie, and salmon! Mom liked her goodie box, though as I suspected she pawned off the chocolate covered espresso beans lol. I took one small bag. My brother-in-law took the other.

@MarioVillager92 Low self-esteem is a pain to deal with, isn't it? Definitely working on increasing mine, but it isn't an easy process. Baby steps. Rewiring our brains is a slow process, per the counseling and material I've received/read. I don't think overthinking is always bad, but it isn't helpful at all when my thoughts go into ruminating circles.

That sounds like an amazing Mother's Day cake; any way you could send a similar cake recommendation my way? XD With a couple exceptions, I'm not picky when it comes to cake. Though I will take some kinds over others. I'm not a fan of carrot cake or extremely dark chocolate cake however. Regular chocolate is fine. The poppies sound like a nice touch. I'm sure your mom appreciates all her gifts! Glad you were able to wish both the grand ladies in your life a good M day too. I was able to see both of mine, though one lives far enough away that I had to cut the visit short; I had to go home and mow before it rained half the week. He goodie box went over very well! Though I was right about the chocolate covered espresso beans lol.

I love both of those bears! Very cute indeed, and I'm not surprised a certain plumber made a cameo visit. I'll try to repay the photo in kind soon...Maybe not here, but on Discord. I don't collect plushes often due to space, but I will rarely pick one up if it really catches my eye.

Sadly, ignoring bullies is often easier said than done. I don't believe some adults do enough to try to curb bullying, whereas others do try but can't be everywhere at once. Sensitivity can be hard to deal with. Mine is spotty depending on the subject matter. Don't get me wrong, I still played with other kids sometimes, but I was able to entertain myself on my own pretty easily. Still can. As for Trolls, I need to properly watch the movies sometime. I've seen different clips, but never fully set through one of the films. I could easily knock some stuff out through streaming, but I have enough to occupy my time without subbing to those services right now.

On Kirby: Kirby 64 will likely only happen should I ever buy the NSO expansion lol. I really want to start a new Kirby title soon out of my backlog. I looked into buying Super Star Ultra used, but sadly it isn't exactly cheap at this point. Maybe someday!

Currently playing: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Switch), Pepper Grinder (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

EllaTheQueen6

Untitled

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
President of the Chit-Chat thread, as Eagly has unfortunately deleted his account :(

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

CaleBoi25

Untitled
Random thing I made

Edited on by CaleBoi25

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx It really is a pain, lol. I'm working on getting mine up as well, it's been slowly getting better. Baby steps indeed... reminds me of a certain movie that I've seen! What About Bob had that "baby steps" quote as well, lol.

Well I do like vanilla icing and fruit filling, it tastes really good! My favorite kind of cake has always been vanilla icing and strawberry filling, that's the kind of cake I typically have on my birthday. The funfetti cake I've had for my birthday earlier this year was really good, too. I do like regular chocolate cake as well. And yeah, dark chocolate has a strong taste to it... I've not had carrot cake, I'm not sure if I'd like it too much actually. I like my cakes to be on the sweet side, haha, same with other treats like cookies and ice cream. Me too, I was able to wish them a happy one on Facebook/text messaging! Great to hear the goodie box went very well.

Thank you! Glad you love both of those guys, I love them too. But you knew that already. I got that Mario pillow from Sears a good few years ago. That Sears store is no longer around, unfortunately... it was around during my childhood, too. Yeah, I don't get plushes too often these days either, for the same reason - there's only so much space I can work with.

Agreed, it's definitely easier said than done. I did have a hard time ignoring them too. I did play/hang out with friends in real life at times too, I even had a friend over from school one time, but I mostly went solo when it comes to recreational stuff like playing games. I should get around to watching at least one of the Trolls movies, I heard Band Together is a good one.

That'd be cool. Maybe start with Planet Robobot, since it came earlier than Forgotten Land? Both games are fantastic. Ah gotcha, not surprised that Super Star Ultra costs a pretty penny... at least for the real copies. I do know that there are fake/bootlegged copies of DS games that you'll have to watch out for. Those retro game prices are ridiculous these days, aren't they? I used to get quite a few retro games back in the 2000s, but now, I just stick to the Switch if I want to get games. (And potentially next year, the Switch's successor when I get my hands on that.) Plus I've been saving up for a vacation, so there's that too.

@CaleBoi25 That's cool! Looks like Callie's welcoming us to Paris.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

WoomyNNYes

I think we need several people to report a toxic thread for it to get locked automatically. So, please report that toxic thread that was posted in the past couple hours. I already reported it. I think we need 5-10 users to flag it for it to automatically lock.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
I noticed there were quite a lot of newbie users joined here just for advertising their website links. (Spam alert)
Also, I have ever reported a thread that basically swearing to the Nintendo company when Yuzu emulator or something like that get shut down.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@WoomyNNYes I've reported that thread myself as well.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

FishyS

@WoomyNNYes I reported it too, but fascinatingly that person posted the exact same rant in a couple gardening forums as well... That is some crazy. (I was trying to figure out if it was a bot but my guess is just deranged person)

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

MarioVillager92

@WoomyNNYes OK, just saw that the thread is now locked!

ThatZeldaNerd

Hey yall!
going to play some paper mario TTYD!
I've been a lil stressed lately so im trying to get better. life just happens yk?😔

@CaleBoi25 WHOA u made that!!?? sheeeeesh thats good!🤩

"I don't live for the world I live for the King" ~ NF

CaleBoi25 is PEAK

Switch Friend Code: SW-5348-4240-7813 | My Nintendo: ZeldaNerd

Anti-Matter

Alright.
I will renew my NSO subscription on 1 June 2024 after very long time I haven't renewed my NSO subscription since last October 2023.
Just one week later to buy PS5 machine.

Anti-Matter

CaleBoi25

@ThatZeldaNerd I should clarify, I didn't make make it, I simply edited existing objects.

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

Eel

Here’s your random Eel fact of the day: I’m currently running four different tamagotchis at the same time.

It’s not an addiction I can stop it any time I want.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

Oh, about my storytelling Wolfgang The Police Wolf last time, I used these songs for each these scenes.
Untitled

1. Waiting for students = Gravity Circuit - File Select
2. Starting the Jingle = Gravity Circuit - Title Screen
3. Introduction of Wolfgang = Gravity Circuit - Tutorial
4. Introduction of Tierstadt Police Department = Pokemon X - Route 18
5. Inside of Officer Chief Marco office = Pokemon X - Gym theme
6. Maurice Monkey as Wolfgang partner = Harvest Moon Save the Homeland - Sprites theme
7. Inside Weisz Museum = Luigi Boccherini - Minuetto
8. The Goddess Statue is stolen = Final Fantasy X-2 - Mayhem
9. Chasing the Thief = Final Fantasy X-2 - Demise (Shuyin Final Boss battle)
10. Mission Failed = Miitopia - Mini Games Failed
11. Back in police station = Final Fantasy X - Tragedy
12. Analyze the CCTV video & 2nd mission = Terry Davine King - Blockbuster (Britain's Next Top Model elimination theme)
13. Inside the Warehouse = Sailor Moon S - Death Buster theme
14. Felix Sandiego evil plan = Sailor Moon S - Witches 5 theme
15. Theft in Kaiser Museum = Sly Cooper 2 - Paris
16. Escaped from Kaiser Museum = Final Fantasy VIII - Only a Plank Between One and Perdition (Bahamut Battle theme)
17. Chasing on the street = Initial D - Beat of The Rising Sun
18. Maurice's Helicopter = Final Fantasy IX - Hilda Garde Airship theme
19. Mission Accomplished = Gravity Circuit - Mission Complete
20. Back to the city (Felix get arrested) - Gravity Circuit - Beyond the Stars (Ending theme)
21. Credit Roll = Gravity Circuit - Credit theme

Pretty great songs choice, eh?

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@Eel I remember having lots of Tamagotchis in my childhood! They were awesome! My absolute favorite one had the ability to draw on it. It was like monochrome pixel art app. Ahhh good memories!!!

Eel

@Zuljaras ooh I’ve never seen one like that! Sounds pretty cool. Do you remember if it had a name?

I didn’t really have too many as a kid, the only one I do remember was one that always evolved into a rooster, and then died in a week, always. I basically only began collecting the official branded ones as an adult 😅

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Zuljaras

Guys, I would like to show you my clay and resin diorama of a kraken attacking a tower

Untitled
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

Everything except the water is make with polymer clay. The water itself is turquoise tinted epoxy resin. And the grass is cheap statis crass from a craft shop

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic