Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 74,101 to 74,120 of 96,298

Sunsy

Still not seeing @Eagly's post while logged in, but it's still appearing while in incognito mode (to avoid needing to log out), so doing the best I can to reply to it. Just gonna copy and paste it via quote.

Eagly wrote:

@Sunsy I think I spend more time here talking about non video game topics than video games here. In fact I haven’t played video games for 3-4 weeks I have been to distracted with the adventures of slippin jimmy

I don’t know how 90% of it works but NFTs aren’t even that safe people steal them all the time. For instance serh green was making an NFT show but had to stop after an online prankster stole his NFT. I honestly don’t understand how any of it works. From the little bit I do understand about NfTs thier code or something is supposed to be completely original meaning it has to begnerated randomly and it is long. Leading to a lsrge consumption of power to create them. I have stayed away from them I have no interest in ownership of them and zi couldn’t be bothered to cash out any of the free ones I get. When they die I will feel nothing but amusement as companies like square loose everything they have invested into fake investments

The movie is infinitely more recognizable to the mass populous than the tv show. That is probably why they went with movie branding for the show. It’s just business. Look at lego half the lineups in thier sets are nonsensical and value having cool characters over scene accurate characters for their licensed stuff.
I wish myself luck 2 square enix is finally localizing nier replicants artbook in English I have my eyes on it but I could make just a long list of things I would buy in a heartbeat. Like in God of war Ragnarok sony introduced ratosk the squirrel as this adorable little tiny guy who I would buy the plush of in a heartbeat if it wasn’t ridiculously priced. Again not having cool merchandise is awful. It helps support the show and you get something cool out of it

I leaned something new I am still sticking with consoles for the foreseeable future though I am satisfied with a Ps5 and switch which should last me at least 2 more years until Nintendo finally gives hopefully a switch 2

That's fine, I try to do both. The past week I was watching Jelly Jamm in the evening, but did some gaming in the afternoon, or with my friend the day he visited. Tonight, I mostly played some Mortal Kombat XL on PC.

Yeah, the whole thing sounds like a massive mess.

Indeed, even if the TV cartoon has a distinct artstyle. At least I have a t-shirt with TV Poppy on it, and it has the unique distinction to be one of the few Trolls things I have with Poppy's TV look, the other being two TrollsTopia figures. Lego stuff can be fun with the licensed stuff, have some of the Trolls set, and the Lego Dimensions stuff. I have the Lego Dimensions stuff to Sonic, Gremlins, and Powerpuff Girls).

Hope you get that artbook. I agree, buying some merch shows support, but also getting something cool out of it. That's how I feel too.

That's cool, you play what you like. I always been a Nintendo and PC guy, and play on both.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

card-crunch78

I’m fairly certain I’m not the only grown adult whose drawings look like a second grader’s. (And has accepted that I’ll never be the next… whoever drew Pit in Uprising)

Edited on by card-crunch78

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Um....
It seems you didn't see my last reply. 😟
Are you completely ignore my reply if I talked something that you have zero interest about ?

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

JadeKitsune wrote:

I’m fairly certain I’m not the only grown adult whose drawings look like a second grader’s. (And has accepted that I’ll never be the next… whoever drew Pit in Uprising)

Keep practicing.
Don't pity yourself.
Even peoples with autism can do something good as normal peoples.
The key is practice to draw from the basic shapes.
I keep hearing this self-loathing comments recently.

Anti-Matter

card-crunch78

You guys know I only draw for fun, right?

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Haven't actually, I have the notification still in my notifications to remind me. Will try getting to it tomorrow, it's actually late where I am, I saw you wrote a lot.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

JadeKitsune wrote:

You guys know I only draw for fun, right?

Even you draw for fun, at least you want to see some improvements from your drawing.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Glad you had a great Mario Day. I mostly played Mario Kart 8 Deluxe that day, but I played through Super Mario World as well. I got to play MK8D online with a couple of buds, including a friend who I've known in real life. It's been a fun time, and I finally got to race on Yoshi's Island and Singapore Speedway, too!

Thanks for the suggestion nonetheless, much appreciated. It does sound like a good game for sure. In terms of Star Wars games, I heard Knights of the Old Republic is really good, as well. I've seen quite a few people talk about it. I think it's more of an RPG, IIRC... and I have a hard time focusing on RPGs most of the time. lol

Oh jeez, that third boss in DK64 drove me mad as a kid. Took me forever to beat that crazy-looking jack-in-the-box back then! I did eventually beat it, and made it to the last level. I didn't get to the final boss since it required the Nintendo and Rare coins. I got the Rare one, but not the Nintendo one. That Donkey Kong arcade game was insanely hard for me back then, because you're only given one life! I was thinking I'd have it in the bag since I played Donkey Kong on the Game Boy, but apparently not. I wouldn't beat DK64 until way after my childhood.

That's cool, I went to visit my mall's Hallmark store as well, and they had 50% off of Christmas decorations since it was after the holiday. We actually got one that's Santa's workshop, and it's with our packed Christmas decorations for when the holidays eventually come. Yeah... my Sears is gone too. It had a good run, it lasted for many years and it was around when I was a kid, too.

Oh that's good, so you've got some spare copies of games. That reminds me... many years back, our first copy of Mario Party 7 for the GameCube stopped working, and I wanted to try to get it fixed at my local retro game store. They were able to fix my copy of Super Mario Sunshine since it was kind of busted, so I had them try to fix MP7 for me. It still didn't work, so I had to get another copy. This was way before GameCube game prices skyrocketed, by the way... thank goodness I didn't have to pay a pretty penny that time!

That's awesome. The latest Disney stuff I got was from Christmas. I got a Mickey Mouse t-shirt that has his classic character design, and PJs that have Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, and Pluto. I'm wearing the PJs as I write this very post!

@JadeKitsune Nothing wrong with drawing just for fun. As long as you're enjoying yourself while drawing, that's all that matters. Remember that you can go at your own pace, as well.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

card-crunch78

I also scrap my drawings after they reach 3 months of age. I’m not too keen on the idea of nostalgia.

Edited on by card-crunch78

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Anti-Matter

@JadeKitsune
I usually make my portofolio so every drawings I made I keep all of them so I can see my progression through the time.
And I still keep some of my old drawings when I was kid, when I was teen, when I was on 20's years old.

Anti-Matter

Okami1

@Colonel_Mustache HASAN just watches Hell's Kitchen and takes bathroom breaks with it on. Peak content.

Edited on by Okami1

dysgraphia awareness human

card-crunch78

@Anti-Matter Should I explain why I think nostalgia is painful and how I prefer to avoid it as much as possible?

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Anti-Matter

Another clip of Mario movie trailer.
It rated PG for sarcastic humour of Luma and some other contents that made the movie rated for higher age viewers.

Anti-Matter

Okami1

@Colonel_Mustache It's called Twitch, people will pay you just to watch YouTube videos. It's rigged.

dysgraphia awareness human

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic