Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 73,741 to 73,760 of 96,599

TeaCatherine

@EllaTheKawaiiNeko Because Mio sounds like Meow and Nia sounds like Nya(n).

Edited on by TeaCatherine

Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid
Back burner: Hollow Knight, Undertale

EllaTheQueen6

@TeaCatherine Ahhh. ALso, I gotta go for today

Y'all, let's go play Legally Distinct Pocket Creatures!
Vice president/second divine goddess of the Chit-Chat thread

3DS Friend Code: 2252-0354-0887

Princess_Lilly

@TeaCatherine traditional is a very good starting point too. There is a good book by Mark and Mary Willenbrink that focuses on tools first. Also, Vivienne Coleman has a solid overview. I can't tell how useful they are since I don't know drawing literature that well, but they aren't digital focused.

Princess_Lilly

TeaCatherine

@ComfyAko I'm mostly trying to draw anime style, haven't done any art in quite a while and I was never very good at it. What do you think of my starting point earlier? I decided to learn how to draw the eyes first. (See below.)

TeaCatherine wrote:

Untitled
Couldn't take a very good picture, sorry.
The base for the eyes is Mythra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2, by the way.
Also, for whatever reason you have to look at it on it's side.

Edited on by TeaCatherine

Princess_Lilly

@TeaCatherine I think it's very good for beginning, sticking to one thing instead of learing everything at once means faster progress.
There is a channel with fundamentals (like, basic skills for drawing), and I think it's a great starting point, I still do the exercise mentioned there at least a couple times/week

@Colonel_Mustache
Untitled
It's my first one that I remembered, it's been around the net longer than I am

Honorable mentions:
Untitled
Untitled

Princess_Lilly

Snatcher

@Scooby-Doo You mean one of the funniest anime’s alive! Yeeees!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

TeaCatherine

@ComfyAko I'll take a shot at it tomorrow.
By the way, how long did it take you to realise that Nia's name was a pun on Nya? Please, it took me and Eagly ages to figure it out.

Snatcher

@TeaCatherine It looks great! I try to do anime style as well, and eyes are my most hardest thing to get right, it’s gotten much easier since I started using reference for that, but yours look amazing!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

I’m very much alive!

Princess_Lilly

@TeaCatherine I kinda figured it out at the beginning, because the power of anime at my side. But I just realized that about Mio (reading your and Eagly's conversation) (maybe because I haven't started Xeno 3 Im still waiting for the collector's edition)

Princess_Lilly

TeaCatherine

@Snatcher Thanks, not bad for a first shot, huh?
What did you mean when you said something about Brighid and Morag not smelling? It really confused me.
@ComfyAko I thought that whole mess had been resolved already?

Princess_Lilly

@TeaCatherine unfortunately, still no collectors in sight.

Btw I bought some collectors editions with artbooks recently and I got... the stamp - sized ones that fit in the place over the cartridge in the standard switch case. I'm speechless. Just wanted to share

Princess_Lilly

TeaCatherine

@ComfyAko What were they of? Also, I'd say stamp-sized was a bit overdramatic.
Oh, wait, I just realised, at this point the next news about the collector's edition will probably be next time they share news about the DLC. I'm kind of sad 'cause it makes it less likely that you'll join the crazy Xenoblade 3 speculation clubTM.

Princess_Lilly

Random thoughts to end the day:

1. Maybe people I met up until the last year are all snipers because nobody ever missed me
2. Kung Fu Panda 2 is the only movie I've seen that has the real villain completely unchallenged and unpunished
3. Why is bullying even a thing when parents (and later on the bullied person) could easily sue the bully for damages and win

Princess_Lilly

TeaCatherine

@ComfyAko
1.Aw, stop moping.
2. I can't remember who you're talking about.
3. Legal fees.

Snatcher

@TeaCatherine First shot? Bro you fired and you got a bullseye lol.

I’m very much alive!

Princess_Lilly

@TeaCatherine Au contraire, me joining the crazy X3 speculation club is merely a matter of time, I just want the artboooooook

stamp sized isn't even overdramatic, they are literally 5x7cm

The ones I got are
1. World end club
2. Void terrarium 2
3. I don't remember

Princess_Lilly

Princess_Lilly

@TeaCatherine
1. sorry, the way people treated me in the past took a bite out of me, not gonna lie.
2. I meant Soothsayer, it was that goat that literally turned Shen into a monster. She told him a panda would kill him, so he started killing pandas instead. She got rid of the old king and the prince in one fell swoop, truly a Palpatine moment. Also in no moment in KFP2 was she actually portrayed as a villain which is even more chilling.

@Colonel_Mustache thanks, likewise! I was talking about irl people

Edited on by Princess_Lilly

Princess_Lilly

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic