Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 73,121 to 73,140 of 96,318

Okami1

@Eagly I thought you said (user) was a troll?

dysgraphia awareness human

Okami1

@TheBigBlue like this (with square brackets)

{del} I love Sony {/del}

I love Sony

Tyranexx

I am so unbelievably tired and am glad this work week is done with. X.X

@Sunsy Outside of updates - which apps usually tend to execute on their own unless device settings prevent them from doing so - those online connections probably are just retrieving the latest ads that are paid to appear on the service lol. I do like Crazy Taxi, though I'm horrible at it.

@MarioLover92 The lack of a save system is indeed a fallacy of earlier games, though some tried to compensate by using a password system. I recall needing them for more than one Game Boy game, and I do believe a SNES game or two I played back in the day used them too. It's been so long since I've played the Super Mario All-Stars variants that I forgot they even had a save system lol.

To be honest, I don't think I would've beat the classic platforming Mega Man titles I have played (Mega Man 2, Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge (free Club Nintendo reward, wouldn't have bothered otherwise), and Mega Man X) without some save state abuse. Especially 2; some parts of that game felt pretty cheap. The only reason I got it was because it was objectively the best "classic" game, and I admittedly wasn't impressed. Though some schools of thought hold MM3 in higher regard.

On Sunshine and Dragon Quest VII: Thanks! I'm still chipping away at them, but I haven't gamed too much this past week. Besides a pseudo-crazy schedule, I haven't always felt up to gaming when I do have time. I've been really tired.

@Eagly Welcome back!

I have no issues with flash forwards if the DLC story is indeed a prequel; mixed forms of storytelling can be very effective when done properly. Indeed, we do know the realities were already gradually merging (re-merging?) in Future Connected; I'm glad some of the events there are gradually making more sense now, because I was confused with the whole Fog King scenario. I'd assumed Rex was older than 20 or so - heck, a lot of the cast aged a bit in that photo IMO, though not drastically. Your hypotheses are plausible IF Mio is Nia's kid, but that's a big if. Besides, there's no guarantee that time flows the same in each world until the merge starts, if my experiences with other fantasy setups/tropes is anything to go by lol. It is possible that it hasn't been hundreds of years - yet - but I'd bet it's at been least a few decades. Hard to tell for sure until we get hold of the new story bits though!

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Okami1

@TheBigBlue I'll end the "clickbait" discussion (for me, you can continue) by saying. It exists and is a problem but we can choose to avoid it thankfully.

Edited on by Okami1

ChaoticMagolor

@Colonel_Mustache I can’t blame you. Dr. Pepper is superior to every other soda.

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

May pop in and out of existence.

I would suggest looking behind you.

ChaoticMagolor

@Colonel_Mustache I suggest we form the club as quick as we can, before the hordes of Coca-Cola and Pepsi lovers attack.

Bah, who am I kidding. Both don’t exist. Dr. Pepper forever!

Edited on by ChaoticMagolor

Proud member of the Church of Magolor, Dr. Pepper enthusiast, Serial Designation N enjoyer, licensed memer, etc.

ChaoticMagolor

Right, now it’s time for me to sleep. May your dreams be filled with Dr. Pepper.

MarioVillager92

New profile pic, and this time it's Mario drifting through Rainbow Road! I had yet another MK8D online session and I had to get a screenshot after that race, just 'cause it all looks cool. Pretty sweet driving, huh? lol

@Sunsy I actually briefly played Doom 2, since I got it from that classic Doom bundle on Steam. I do intend to play more of the Doom games... but right now, I'm kind of on a Mario Kart binge fest, lol!

Ah yeah, I think I remember trying to swim up the waterfall when I was young. My child self in the late 90s was quite the explorative little guy when it came to Super Mario 64. I loved playing Banjo-Kazooie as well, though I wouldn't own it until much later.

That's cool they had all that Marie merchandise. Ah yeah, same here... I used to have a Disney store in my local mall, but it's no longer around, unfortunately. It's been gone for the longest time, since the 90s or early 2000s, don't remember exactly when it closed down. The last time I've been to a Disney store was back in 2018 when I was on vacation. They had a lot of cool stuff there, and they'd have clips of various Disney songs showing on the TV in the background. One of the things I got there was a Belle plush.

@Tyranexx Yeah. Many games back in the NES era used passwords, and we actually had a player's guide that focused on NES, SNES, and Game Boy games that had passwords and stage select codes. Fun fact, that's how I first heard about the Mega Man series, where they'd have passwords for MM2, 3, and 4 on the NES. As for Super Mario All-Stars, yep - they do have a save feature for all four games. Four save files per game, and in the case of The Lost Levels, you can save your progress on any individual level, as opposed to the start of any given world.

Going back to the blue bomber, I actually do like the Mega Man games overall, the controls are tight and responsive for the most part, and I like using some of the special weapons you'd get from the robot masters. It feels great to figure out a boss's weakness, as well. Plus, the MM series has some truly awesome music. But yeah... sometimes they can be cheap with the enemy placements and stuff like that. Those pits in the beginning of Dust Man's level (from MM4) come to mind. Mega Man 3 is a pretty solid game, and it actually was the first MM game I've played! It introduced the slide to Mega Man's moveset, which lets you slide through tight corridors. Somewhat like the morph ball in the Metroid series, only you don't roll into a ball of course.

You're very welcome. And ah, I see... sometimes I'm too busy to have some gaming time in as well. Real life can indeed hit hard at times... almost like the racers you'd see in Mario Kart. lol

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

MarioVillager92

@Colonel_Mustache Thanks! And yeah, absolutely. I've been having quite a few profile pictures from my MK8D screenshots, and you're totally right... it's a great-looking game for sure!

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Anti-Matter

@Colonel_Mustache
If you know about Pepsiman that means you have ever at least know it was a PlayStation game or have ever played the game. 😉

Anti-Matter

harrygamerstar

Ok so completely random but I remember a few years ago I watched this video about ideas for Pikmin 4. I can’t remember the name of the video or the channel. I can remember he suggsted things like base building, a night mode and colinisation of the planet you visit. I want to rewatch it so I can see how much he got right but as I said I can’t remember what it’s called. If anyone has a clue what I’m talking about can you tell me what video I’m thinking about or the name of the Youtuber?

harrygamerstar

MarioVillager92

@Colonel_Mustache Yeah totally, it looked awesome back in 2014 and it still looks awesome today. I bet the next Mario Kart game would look even better, especially if it'll come out on Nintendo's next console.

Anti-Matter

Just curious.
I know I have zero interest with zelda games, but....
What do you think about wind waker wii u, link's awakening Switch and triforce 3ds for me as casual gamer ?
Do you think I can engage with the games even on the slighest since those are toon link games (chibi version) ?
I know my question is sounds like a traitor.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Okami1

@Anti-Matter I think you'd like Link's Awakening, it's one of the best Zelda's to just pickup and beat.

Okami1

@Eagly that's a spicy meatball take

ChaoticMagolor

@Anti-Matter I think these are great starting games for you. Those three definitely fit your style of games.

@Kermit1 Jokes on you, Coke only owns Dr. Pepper in Europe and South Korea! As an American, this has no effect on me whatsoever!
Untitled

Edited on by ChaoticMagolor

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic