Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 64,301 to 64,320 of 68,786

Kermit1Pineapple

I'm gonna be honest. That whole Dream face reveal made me think of Technoblade again and the last image we ever saw of him, now I feel sad and depressed.

Currently playing: life

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion

Snatcher

@Kermit1 That was so sad, and he did it all, for his fans, because he wanted to make people happy, and he did.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it) Remind me to ask jump about those ninja skills of his.

New edited pfp!

StarPoint

@Kermit1 You bring an interesting thought to mind. This site didn’t even do an article on Techno’s death. And yet they feel the need to announce that the head honcho revealed his face.

This is a NINTENDO website guys. Off-topic stuff is fine from time to time but this is so out of left field it’s ridiculous.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Splatoon 3
Crosscode (PC)
Monster Hunter: Rise (PC)

blindsquarel

@Kermit1
That’s the goal for my next play through.

Currently Playing: Pokémon white
“ who dares to stand up to Vandal Savage, destroyer of worlds”
“ Leonard Snart, Robber of ATM’s

Anti-Matter

Anyone have played Spyro Reignited ?

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

blindsquarel

@Anti-Matter
Yeah, it is a really good remake of the old games. I will say it requires a 10 gb download if you buy physical.

Anti-Matter

@blindsquarel
I was so lucky to get the PS4 2019 version from CTR + Spyro Reignited bundle (I only got Spyro Reignited 2019 without CTR, but it was okay) with very cheap price.
So it will take exactly 36.24 GB on your PS4 HDD after you inserted the disc, all three games legit in one disc. Version 1.03
You can see the picture I posted on previous page as I bought other games as well.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Kermit1Pineapple

@StarPoint I'd say something like they should remove that article but, it was posted under the random tag. But this is a NINTENDO site not a general gaming news site (cough ign cough).

Currently playing: life

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion

WaffleBoat

I changed my name to WaffleBoat I used to be GoombaKing64.

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

WaffleBoat

I have been having a hard time lately. One of my MANY diagnoses is hitting hard. Autism (high functioning), ADHD, Sensory processing disorder, and RSD (rejection sensitive dysphoria). That last one has been getting to me. RSD means I literally cannot think people like me no matter how much I want to believe it. I have been avoiding my friends because I’m scared they will reject me. I don’t know what to do with my life and I am overwhelmed constantly I am seeing a therapist and am getting better BTW, but it still sucks

I fear no man
but that thing:
The carrot minigame from bowser's inside story
it scares me

Anti-Matter

@Kermit1
Which version of your Spyro Reignited?
I have started Spyro Reignited PS4 (2019) version yesterday, still 1% progress on all series as I tested all my games purchase before I will have serious playing.

Tyranexx

@Keveseunie I know we don't interact nearly as much (I'm sometimes very busy IRL and don't read through this whole thread or visit a lot of others; I'm replies only a lot of the time), but I can completely relate on the anxiety and depression angles. Especially the latter. There's a genetic component at play, but some of my school years also weren't...great socially. I had and still have a lot of self-esteem and some avoidant issues. I'm a lot better than I used to be through self-help/self-work, trying to eat well, (mostly) consistent exercise, and counseling, but I do admittedly backslide sometimes. I can understand the desire to want to be someone, literally anyone else. There was a point in my life where that feeling was often so great that I often felt trapped in my own skin. What can often seem irrational to some people is really a coping mechanism. I didn't realize how many I had until some unpacking was done during counseling.

The important things are that you're 1. working with a professional and 2. honestly trying to put in the work to address your behaviors. Thoughts drive emotions, and those tend to drive our actions. It's hard to hack and reprogram the brain, and I honestly think many of us spend the rest of our lives doing just that. Remember: There's only one unique you, and you are not alone.

As an aside, Eunie is my favorite character out of the main six in XC3 due to her personality and wit. XD I literally just rolled credits on the game last night after...~130 hours.

@MarioLover92 I did roll credits yesterday evening! The final boss was a fun one, though TBH my party was pretty overleveled by the time I engaged them. Many brownie points for referencing one of my favorite Disney songs! XD Shame the Lion King remake completely ruined it. I didn't really have any consoles during the N64 or GameCube eras outside of handhelds, namely a GBC and GBA SP. Some cousins had a PS2, but past that I only had occasional access to a SNES and a Sega Genesis before that. I had no idea Shake It! used sound effects from Kirby's Epic Yarn, though to be honest I haven't played the latter either.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Switch)

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

blindsquarel

@WaffleBoat
If they are going to reject you for something you can’t control, then they weren’t really true friends in the first place. Hope things get better for you.

blindsquarel

@Royalblues
Good, for how many kids have switches there is no need for this type of stuff on the switch. Or anywhere for that matter.

Link-Hero

@Royalblues @blindsquarel
Why do you two care what people buy or that lewd games are being sold? As long as they're not harmful or doing anything illegal, just ignore them. Which, by the way, the harmful and illegal ones are not even being sold in their stores. Also, it's the parent's responsibility for what their kids play, not Nintendo's or Valve's. They have parental controls built into their platform for a reason.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

blindsquarel

@Link-Hero
Let’s just say I have very good reasons to hate these kind of things, and how much they screw up your life.

Snatcher

I have to agree with @Link-Hero on this one. You can dislike them, other then that, who cares what people play, as long as it’s not hurting anyone or doing anything illegal, it’s fine, and some people like them, and it’s makes them happy, and adds more joy into there lives.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it) Remind me to ask jump about those ninja skills of his.

New edited pfp!

Keveseunie

@MarioLover92
Thanks for the kind words.

@Tyranexx
Hi there, no worries on us not interacting much. There are so many conversations going on at the same time here on the NL forums it's impossible to respond on every topic, let alone every member. We all pick and choose which conversations to take part in.

From the reactions I've gotten so far, it's apparent that many of us have at least some experience with mental health issues. It warms my heart that this topic can be freely discussed here in a respectful manner. When I began my therapy sessions 7 years ago, I was barely alive... figuratively speaking. I was hospitalized in a psychiatric institution full-time (day and night, including weekends) for a year and a further 2 years of daily therapy in which I could sleep at home and had the weekends off. All because of clinical depression and anxiety.

We're now 4 years past those 3 years of intense therapies and I still need counselling every 2-3 weeks in order to maintain my mental wellbeing. And even then I go through patches when everything goes downhill for a time. It's a rough life, to say the least, but I keep working on myself, which is the most important thing I can do.

Anyway, that's enough drama for one post.
Happy to hear you enjoyed your time with Xenoblade 3. It surpassed the first Xenoblade as my all-time favourite game. Can't get enough of it. In fact, I'm currently on my third 100% playthrough. And no, I'm not going to seek counselling for this particular problem.😅

Edited on by Keveseunie

Yes, Eunie's the boss!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6743-9539-7390

Grumblevolcano

@StarPoint @Kermit1 I think it comes down to while there's a lot of upcoming Switch releases, there's not much Nintendo news in general. When there's not much Nintendo news, the gaps tend to be filled with more random stuff or Switch Pro rumours.

Meanwhile this time last year (October 4th 2021) the general Direct was more recent and had more shadow drops, Nintendo were doing weekly Metroid Dread "reports" up to the game's release in a few days, Animal Crossing New Horizons was getting a Direct very soon, the final Smash DLC fighter was being revealed tomorrow, NSO Expansion Pack was releasing later that month, etc. There were lots of upcoming games/updates/DLC but at the same time there was a lot of news.

Honestly I'm rather surprised there hasn't been a Bayonetta 3 Direct announced yet.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic