Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 64,321 to 64,340 of 67,924

Keveseunie

Oh my goodness!
I just made an incredible purchase: the Samsung Neo QLED QN95B 55" TV.

I've been looking to buy a new TV for over a year now but I kept postponing it because I never found that one sweet deal I couldn't pass up... until now. The QN95 is Samsung's flagship 4K TV and sells on average for €2200 in my country. I found it today for €1430.

Can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow.

Yes, Eunie's the boss!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6743-9539-7390

TheJGG

@Keveseunie Nice one! I've had a Samsung 55" for awhile now, and it really makes the difference, especially for Switch. The Sport mode has a very interesting "interpolation" filter that makes video run very smoothly, so for games like Breath of the Wild it basically converts it to 60fps. What a dream.

HDR is also very useful on PlayStation for me, but when saving recordings they look awful when I play them back on a computer. So be wary

Check out my YouTube channel for video game music covers, video essays and more!

Currently playing:
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (NS)

If you use my Friend Code, please tag me first. Thanks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Fizza

@Keveseunie I may not be as technologically versed as others but I like to visit my local Curry's from time to time and I must say: that's a really good TV! Do let us know how games/movies look on it at some point!

Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
The Owl House is so good you guys omg
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'You're always you, no matter what you look like' - Captain 3, Splatoon 3

Keveseunie

@TheJGG
I never record gameplay footage, so I'm not worried about that. Sorry to hear you have problems with it though.

@Fizza
Will do!

Yes, Eunie's the boss!

Rambler

@Keveseunie
Hey, sorry for the late reply.
I'm really glad you were able to write that, and by doing so, I hope you feel a little better in yourself.

While I have not done the same as you, I can fully appreciate where you are coming from, and the reasons for doing so. That flight instinct can be overwhelming.

Rambler

Kermit1Pineapple

I just realized I've watched 932 episodes of 80s commercials.

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion and a wembler

Once started a war between Moose and Catgirls

Tyranexx

@Keveseunie Glad we're on the same page in regards to forum interaction. I know I don't need to justify myself, but it's a side effect of me trying to tell people I'm not willingly ignoring them for whatever reason. XD Touches on something I'm working on: trying not to be responsible for the emotions of others.

I'm glad that discussions regarding mental health in general are more acceptable these days compared to previous decades. Though there is unfortunately still plenty of stigma. The forums here are generally pretty chill in my experience. At least compared to the comment sections on the main site. You've definitely come a long way in your mental health journey, something I think deserves to be celebrated. Life can be quite the roller coaster. In the words of Glennon Doyle Melton, it's brutiful. You're correct: The most important thing we can do is continue working on ourselves!

I loved my time with XC3. I haven't really delved into the post-game yet - might leave that until more of the DLC releases - but I do plan on going back to it! I may even do a NG+ playthrough too. I know there's a respective thread, but I was staying out of it for the longest time to avoid any potential plot spoilers.

Currently playing: Ys Origin (Switch), 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (Switch)

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

Kermit1Pineapple

@Keveseunie Have I friended you on Switch?

Currently playing:

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion and a wembler

Once started a war between Moose and Catgirls

Sunsy

It's been a few days, so delayed response time. Been busy cleaning, as well as playing a game I got from GOG called Master of Magic (they gave it away during their 14th anniversary sale). Like the game, and it gave me that staying up late to play feeling too, and completed it last night.

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Sunsy
I found a lot of kids games by Outright Games will be released during October - December 2022 recently such as Bratz, Gigantosaurus Dino Kart, Jojo Siwa, Paw Patrol Grand Prix, etc.
You can check Play-asia for browsing the titles.
Btw, do you have interest with Hokko Life ?

Cool, hope you play the ones you like. Meanwhile, in the world of cartoon-based games, I'm looking forward to Smurfs Kart, may wait a bit to play it since it's releasing in November, chances are I may get it for Christmas (hoping for that and Sonic Frontiers).

Honestly, I haven't heard of Hokko Life until you mentioned it.

Tyranexx wrote:

@Sunsy Half the time if I bake something, it's from a box mix. I have made some things from scratch though. Usually bars of some sort, but I've done a couple of low-key cakes and brownies too. I prefer steak medium to medium well for health/taste reasons, though I'm not picky when it comes to eggs as long as they aren't raw.

2014 was still the worst winter in recent memory, though we've had a couple of large snows since. Early 2021 brought about 8 inches of snow to my area at one point. Dust devils are more common in open, dusty areas (fields, dirt tracks, etc.) in hot weather. They're an interesting sight and are relatively harmless. Depends on the size and location though.

That's what I do too, I don't have too many from scratch recipes, aside from those in the My Little Pony Baking Book, has recipes inspired by the cartoon series. Aside from that, I usually just use cake mix.

I remember winter 2014, it was a really cold winter where I live. Wow, I remember 2021 having quite a few snow storms, it actually got to a point where a snow plow plowed in my mother's car, and I couldn't dig it out. Had to have someone help me that winter. Interesting, didn't know that, which surprises me since I like following weather.

Keveseunie wrote:

@Kermit1 @Eel @Rambler @Sunsy @Fizza @jump @TheJGG @Snatcher @StarPoint @Vortexeo
I'm tagging all of you guys because you're the ones I've been in contact most on NL and I think I owe you all an explanation on my name changes.

No worries, it's still you. I mainly use "Sunsy" here and when playing games on Switch, or a variant of it in the case of a couple of PC games and Xbox Live on PC (I don't have Xbox, but some PC games I have uses an account). I use a totally different name on Steam, though I just kept it that there.

Hope you get the help you need and things get better.

MarioLover92 wrote:

@Sunsy Yeah you're welcome, and I'm a nice guy anyway, lol. I did see a few videos on YouTube about the ColecoVision, yeah the controllers definitely look unique. The Intellivision controller is a lot like that as well, except there's this directional disc instead of a joystick, and it's placed beneath the numeric pad. We did manage to have a 5200, it might have been the same one my dad had, but I had no idea how to set it up.

That's cool. I like playing the first F-Zero on occasion as well. I did play Maximum Velocity fairly recently too, so if you both like the first one and GP Legend, I'd recommend MV. F-Zero X is a good one too, though I think that one is even harder.

Yeah... I pretty much get the gist of it whenever I see a video title that comes off as insulting, or something like that. I go up to them, and click on "don't recommend channel" since I don't really like anything that's too negative and clickbaity. I like finding good in stuff that I play or watch, after all. That's awesome to hear you enjoyed the live-action Pinocchio. I'm hoping to get to see more Disney movies in general at some point soon.

Yeah, the older consoles had some pretty weird and unique controllers, I think Intellevision had special cards you would put over the numpad too.

Now I remember, I did try F-Zero X before. A dentist I use to go to had a Nintendo 64 set up, and that was the game in it. I remember trying F-Zero X there, I remember it was pretty hard.

Glad I'm not the only one who does that. Will admit, I don't mind criticism topics when they're more closer to anti-consumer practices and that sort of thing. Something that's actually bad, as oppose to something that is subjective, like entertainment. I feel that sort of stuff is more important than the latter. I hope you get to see more too, mom and I did watch Bedknobs and Broomsticks the other night, we both never seen the movie.

Sunsy

Keveseunie

@Rambler
Thanks, and no worries on being late.

@Tyranexx
I totally get why you'd avoid the XC3 thread. People there did their best not to put spoilers on it, or use the spoiler tag if necessary. Aside from one jerk who simply didn't care and got numerous posts removed. They didn't affect me personally because I was way ahead of him, but I'm sure others weren't.

@Kermit1
You haven't, but I'm not sure there's a point to it because I don't play multiplayer games.

@Sunsy
And thanks to you as well. I'm sure we'll be talking about animated movies again in the near future.

Yes, Eunie's the boss!

blindsquarel

This may not be the right place to post this, but it is really the only place I can ask.

How do you tell somebody they need to lose weight, without sounding like a massive jerk?

Currently Playing: Spider-Man 2018
Spectacular Spider-Man is far superior to any other version of Spider-Man.
Also, it is annoying when people tell me to smile more, I guess my resting face looks like I am mad.

Keveseunie

@blindsquarel
That's a sensitive subject. I think most people who are overweight realise full well they should be losing weight, but they often lack the motivation to do so.

I myself am in that position unfortunately and no matter how many times someone tells me I should do something about it, including my family doctor, I rarely find the strength to take action. Only in those periods when I feel very good mentally do I start with a diet and extra exercise.

I can't speak for everyone of course, but I know a couple of others who're overweight and we all lack the basic motivation. It's tough changing that and it usually comes from the inside, the person themself. It's like trying to quit smoking. It's a goal you need to set for yourself, and you have to believe in it, otherwise it's doomed for failure anyway.

Edited on by Keveseunie

Yes, Eunie's the boss!

Solaine

@blindsquarel
As @Keveseunie already said: You approach it sensitively with an open mindest and without judging the person in a negative way. They probably already know very well about their weight and it really depends on how good you know that person and how apparent the weight issue really is.

If you are on good terms already, i am sure it is a great idea to be open about it and approach the subject in a constructive way.
On the other hand, if you do not really know each other you may ask yourself why you even want to tell such a fact to a person, probably not adding any substantial news to anyone.

But generally being honest and sincere about it works best in cases like these from personal experience, it really depends on the whole situation though and i have never really felt the need to tell that to anyone so please take my advice with a grain of salt

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Takoda

Just decided to roll through here and all the positivity around mental issues really was quite heartwarming. That people feel safe enough to be open and talk about these honestly deeply personal things and to then get the support their efforts deserve. Might also be because I study psychology but it’s always equally fascinating, heartwarming and slightly confronting since I’m so much worse at being open about any of that, haha.

Always feels like I put my nose where it doesn’t belong when I ‘read along’ like that sometimes but still felt like I wanted to say it. Props to everyone for fighting the good fight and slowly getting where they’d like to be in life. It ain’t easy, but you can definitely be proud of even the smaller bits of progress.

I keep buying fighting games for some reason, even though I barely got anyone to play against.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7519-0735-1595

Rambler

@blindsquarel
What's the reason for it? If they are going to die or acquire a life-limiting condition then they probably know.
If they are happy with their weight, then let them be.
If they are unhappy with their weight then pointing it out may not be constructive.

If they have started to put on weight recently, then that may be a sign of something else. If you are close to them, ask about their well-being.

Rambler

Keveseunie

Oh man... just got a call the delivery of my new TV is being delayed until tomorrow.
Untitled

Yes, Eunie's the boss!

Anti-Matter

@Keveseunie
While waiting for your TV got delivered, you can use a card box and some imagination (Spongebob's rainbow) 🌈 🤭

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

blindsquarel

@Keveseunie @Rambler @Solaine
I will say that this person is a family member. The reason it is hard to ask about is because I am in the process of losing weight so it is hard to do it without sounding hypocritical. I know they want to lose weight, but they seem to have a roadblock in starting the process. Maybe I will invite them to work out with me. That is all I can think of.

Thanks for the help though, I really appreciate it.

Edited on by blindsquarel

Currently Playing: Spider-Man 2018
Spectacular Spider-Man is far superior to any other version of Spider-Man.
Also, it is annoying when people tell me to smile more, I guess my resting face looks like I am mad.

Anti-Matter

Play this DDR song to burn a lot of calories.
😎

My Top 3 Dance Dance Revolution Arcade:
1. Dance Dance Revolution X2
2. Dance Dance Revolution EXTREME
3. Dance Dance Revolution 3rd Mix

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic