Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 64,241 to 64,260 of 64,356

FroZtedFlake

@StarPoint Haha I saw that, he's not my favorite but everything you were saying in the comments made sense. He definitely is passionate he just has a few things he's done that have annoyed me.

I just saw someone mocking someone's movie taste and I was already in a bad mood... I really hate starting arguments, I gotta just refrain from doing stuff like that. He just mocked my profile picture and said I have bad taste in games though, I'm just gonna stop interacting at this point.

Games I'm playing right now:
Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - Switch
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch
Zelda 1 - Switch Online
Majora's Mask 3D - 3DS

Sunsy

Alrighty, duck videos are fun. Been seeing them pop up on my personal Instagram recently. Surprised the duck is chilling in Target in that video. Personal note, I like going to Target, they usually have cool character stuff (like that Trolls tin and clip I got awhile back).

Ducky knows what's up attacking Eggman, lol. Going to be a great Sonic player.

@Eel Please do, it's really cool they actually attempted to try the alternate ending. I was immediately reminded of that featurette on the Platinum Edition DVD, and the alternate take where Pinocchio lives and Geppetto is the one who needs to come back.

@Snatcher Just want to thank you for getting my silly example in the Sonic Frontiers demo thread. My intention wasn't to compare Sonic Team to Nintendo, but rather point out it's silly to say a developer is hiding something just because a demo doesn't exist. Lots of games don't have demos too, some of the poorly received ones got demos (Sonic Boom comes to mind).

@Tyranexx I haven't seen Dumbo in such a long time. Last classic era Disney movie I saw was Aristocats, that was a good movie with some good music.

Whoa, I'm similar. I still do sanitize certain things, like something new I may get (happened today, got a book and some character clips in the mail today), usually I try to keep things clean. Can be hard on some days if I go out somewhere or need to do an errand, or my mother needs more help. I still try to make an effort to do it, actually was doing some cleaning earlier today.

Sunsy

FroZtedFlake

Anyways, I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3 mostly as my main game, every once in a while I'll dabble in Ace Attorney 1 and A Short Hike. Those were both such big surprises, they're really nice break games because A Short Hike just has those calm vibes, fun controls, and pretty funny dialogue. Ace Attorney is just a weird style of gameplay for me but I really love it, specifically while in court. The court battles are just fun brain tests and examining scenes of the crime are made that much better by all the fun character dialogue. Would highly recommend all three of these games xD.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Zelda 1 - Switch Online
Majora's Mask 3D - 3DS

StarPoint

@FroZtedFlake That is fair if you’re not a big fan of him. I just feel like a lot of people tend to criticize his videos for the wrong reasons, like not giving good games a fair chance and being too negative.

But yeah starting arguments is never fun. You just gotta learn who to avoid getting into discussions with.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Splatoon 3
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (PC)

MarioLover92

I hope you're all doing well and staying safe. It's the first day of fall, and it's been cold as heck over here! Thank goodness for stuff like heating, hot chocolate, and holiday sweaters. I'm actually wearing my Mario holiday sweater as of this post.

Sunsy wrote:

@MarioLover92 Yeah, they were M-rated in the 90's so I can see them being the reason. Wouldn't mind Mortal Kombat 1, 2, and 3 on Switch Online's SNES stuff, even if the SNES version of MK 1 was censored. I can play Mortal Kombat 3 online with a friend, but it's the old fashion direct IP method thanks to a multiplayer feature GOG put into place. I don't think I played Total Karnage (I'm leaving that typo in, thank you Mortal Kombat, lol), I think that was one of the few games on there I didn't play. I also remember liking Xybots a lot.

I think a friend any my neighbor had Wii Sports Resort, so my only experience with Wuhu was in Wii Fit Plus and Mario Kart 7. I remember using the gamepad too. I didn't have air conditioning in my room at the time, so I would bunk in mom's room with my mattress on the floor. So I would play Wii U there, and one night, I had to use the gamepad. I was surprised to be able to play Wii on it. Sounds like a nice retro setup.

Not sure if we'd see the Mortal Kombat games being on NSO, to be honest, since I don't think Nintendo would be too cool with having M-rated games on their NSO catalogs. Unless they somehow get blocked by parental controls, or they have a sort of warning that says something along the lines of "this game is for mature audiences" before they boot up. I don't think I remember Xybots, I may look up a video of it on YouTube at some point.

Ah yeah, Wuhu Island was in Mario Kart 7 as well. I especially remember the glitch you could do in Maka Wuhu that lets you skip a massive part of the track, then it got patched for online. I remember that gave me an idea, that it'd be cool to race on F-Zero courses in Mario Kart - looks like they listened to me when they made Mario Kart 8's DLC.

I like your new profile pic! I saw that you mentioned Aristocats, I like that movie as well. Especially considering that I'm a cat person, and it's just a cute movie in general, too. We actually have it on DVD!

Tyranexx wrote:

@MarioLover92 Getting hooked on certain games is one reason why I don't play games online often where multiplayer is involved. I'm happy to make the occasional exception like with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but those don't occur often unless the session is planned or I have a few minutes to burn lol. I'd really like to play couch co-op with people IRL in some games, but that unfortunately doesn't happen often. I can't speak for any of the Persona games, but I highly, HIGHLY recommend Xenoblade Chronicles 3 when you feel up to playing it. I'm certain I'm over halfway through the game and probably would've finished it by now if I didn't keep getting sidetracked by the side stuff.

Yeah. I do like having multiplayer sessions planned out too, that makes it way easier to play with friends online. XC3's still on my wish list! I'll likely get it as a Christmas present since there's other games I wanna get to for the time being. Plus I still want to get games from the 3DS and Wii U eShops before their closures. I've just been playing Wario Land 2, and looks like I'm close to finishing it, I'm at the final chapter now.

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

Kermit1

Right now it's starting to rain pretty hard.

If you don't see any posts from me, 2-4 days I'm either dead or I've lost power.

Currently playing: Valkyria Chronicles

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

known to be quirky on occasion

Anti-Matter

@FroZtedFlake
I don't even have interest with xenoblade games.
I sold my xenoblade 2 last October 2021.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

FroZtedFlake

@Anti-Matter Yeah, it's not for everyone and that's okay I'm having lots of fun with 3 though!

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Zelda 1 - Switch Online
Majora's Mask 3D - 3DS

kidkytes

Nether Realm Games has a good relationship with Nintendo so I wouldn't be too shocked to see if Mortal Kombat games were added to NSO. But then I don't really see the point in why they would have to pay more licensing fees for it when it's more likely that an MK Kollection will be coming soon since it's the 30th anniversary of Mortal Kombat is happening. Or maybe it'll be another cancelled MK1-3 HD project lol.

Edited on by kidkytes

kidkytes

Kermit1

TIL Nintendo owned a Baseball team

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Tyranexx

While I realize ducks <> geese, all this duck talk is making me want to experiment a little in Untitled Goose Game again....

@Sunsy Aristocats is another good one! Binging With Babish actually did an episode based on Crème de la Crème à la Edgar:

I warn you, that channel can be quite a time sink if you're into food recreation from iconic movies, TV shows, anime, etc.

As much as I like books, sometimes new book covers definitely need a wipe down. Something with the manufacturing process or how they're handled, I think. Otherwise I keep liquids far away from them lol. With how much I like electronics, people are surprised I don't really own any eBooks. However, I much prefer the feel of real books and spend more than enough time on screens already anyway lol.

@MarioLover92 I'm a planner at heart when it comes to...almost everything, but I'm trying to be a little more laid back when it comes to that thing sometimes. Some people like making decisions last second, or on the fly, so I'm trying to mesh better with personalities like that lol. XC3 is definitely a good Christmas list option, especially since winter is a great time of year to play a long game. I still need to do some cleanup on the 3DS and Wii U eShops as well; I have most of my wanted 3DS purchases squared away barring a couple of games, but I need to make more Wii U progress....As for Wario Land II, I'm glad you're enjoying it! It's my favorite Wario Land title.

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Stretchmo

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

Kermit1

@Eel Goose eggs?

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

NeonPizza

@Tyranexx
Nothing tops Wario Land Shake it!(Dare I say, greatest overall Wii 2D platformer of the litter when trying to achieve all of the objectives.) & WL1 for me. Those two are easily the cream della cream of the franchise. I'd place 2 in 4th place, behind 4 with 3 being the absolute worst. Dont even waste your time with that one. I'd pin it down as one of the worst Nintendo Sequels ever.

4 was fun. Albeit, watered down a little. But the visuals, style, flare, weird SFX and grotesque massive funky bosses kind of made up for it.

Edited on by NeonPizza

"ExcuuuUUUUSE ME, Princess!"
Switch Friend Code: SW-1323-8872-2420
I demand Crystal Pepsi & Noid Domino's Pizza!

Snatcher

@Sunsy Oh it’s ok, I got what you were saying, and I agree, I don’t know why a dev not making a demo means there hiding something, when they could easily cut out whatever they wanted, demo versions of game exist for a reason.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it) Remind me to ask jump about those ninja skills of his.

NeonPizza

Meh, still undecided on getting a Series X. I've got Switch & PS5 which is good enough, but the XSX has Contra Hardcorps Uprising, Rare Replay and Panzer Dragoon Orta...And where else am I gonna play them? But there isn't much else I'm interested in as of now, and I definitely don't care for 99 percent of MS's very own exlusives. But I'm also interested in creating a Design Labs Series X controller. I want something colorful and fun since the OG Series X controller like The duel sense's aesthetics are bland, sterile and boring. The predictable Black or white color scheme just doesn't scream fun to me. Yet even the Starlight Blue Duel Sense looks hideous in person....I was expected the blue to be more vibrant or neon, instead it was a muted flat paler blue, which looked even worse paired with the middle sections lighter black. As the Angry Nintendo Nerd would say ,"just fu**ing horrible!"

Colorware has released a PS1 variation of the Duel Sense, which i'm kind of interested in >

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_LvyGaWQAAwnJ1?format=jpg&na...

https://d3rb1fnkiuufz4.cloudfront.net/colorware-dualsense-ps5...

https://d3rb1fnkiuufz4.cloudfront.net/colorware-dualsense-ps5...

Or, i was thinking to just stick with the original White, get Colorware to change the OG lighter black middle section to glossy jet black and add Colored (Pink, Green, Blue & Red Shape buttons) kind of like below and disable the butt ugly and distracting lights that emit around the touch pad in-game, if that's even possible somehow.

https://external-preview.redd.it/y1tNT8SuAFc3yl1-5FkzeKcitstt...

Edited on by NeonPizza

Kermit1

@NeonPizza As an Xbox fan I'd say wait 2-3 years to get one.

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

NeonPizza

@Kermit1
Knowing me, after I finish the 3 games above I’d probably sell the thing. Lol the controller doesn’t even have Gyro, Haptics or Switch grade basic HD rumble, or the duel sense’s haptics. Which makes it feel pointless to even consider for the 3rd party multiconsole games unless series X can push for 120fps which is a big selling factor for me personally.

It just seems like an easy PC with not a single innovation in sight. hellblade 2 is exclusive, but then again….I remember enjoying the cutscenes and idea behind it than actually playing the game itself. Nothing but a walking simulator/interactive movie

Edited on by NeonPizza

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Awesome, it was cold today too, so got to wear a new Trolls long sleeve shirt today.

A warning would be a good idea. Didn't think of that, I'd assume parental controls would block out any mature rated games if such a thing happened. I wouldn't know since I never use the parental controls as my Switch is a one person system as I'm the only one who uses it. Xybots was cool, it was like a third person 3D game, a very early one too from what I remember.

I didn't know there was a glitch in Wuhu Island, the only thing that stands out is the shortcut. Cool, sounds like you got your wish.

Thanks! It's a scene from Trolls World Tour where Poppy is giving another character gumdrops, thought the candy might be fitting for Halloween. I think I have it on DVD, last time I watched it was on Disney+. I was chatting with @Tyranexx about Pinocchio, and it brought up classic Disney.

@Tyranexx I've seen this YouTube channel before. Fun channel that actually, love seeing what he recreates.

Yeah, I usually wipe down the book covers, usually, I keep liquid far away from them. I never bought an e-book, I figure having real books are better, if the power goes out, I can still read them, while an eBook reader or a tablet will need charging once that battery dies. That reminds me, once my family had no power for a week due to a hurricane, and I resorted to using a battery powered GBA with Sonic Advance 3.

@Snatcher I also agree. Especially when demos are there to try a game before buying it too.

Sunsy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic