Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 61,921 to 61,940 of 96,590

WoomyNNYes

TheJGG wrote:

It's done... my god it took a while. It's done though. Had to do a bit of editing for pictures and the like but I managed to finish my video essay. Should be up tomorrow... ish. For anyone wondering what I sound like, you won't have to wait much longer.

Hahaha LOL. It's funny because I read everyone's text with an american accent. You going to Brit it up for me? XD Innit!?<3

unrelated---------------------------------------
While looking for an old cd (to rip) I found a disk with original clips from the bike video my friend made (the video is from 2001(old af). I haven't ridden a mountain bike since 2002. I've ridden bmx-only since I cracked that mtb frame (back then guys who jumped mountian bikes changed their frames every year, because that's how often they crack/break when you jumped aluminum mtb frames back then. My friend that rode for Trek was given three bike frames a year - he rode trials & ramp). And you may notice the fast pedaling, because that was my trials bike, which only had easy gears - that's how they are). Some of you may have seen another version with music, but this is just bike & park sounds. I like it because you can hear the bike treads whirring when I roll into the bowl at the beginning - that and the sound of the Chris King rear hub buzzing.

I really need some more recent clips. I regret not asking my brother to record me a the beach skatepark last week while wearing better clothes. XD

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Sunsy

Ralizah wrote:

Best to just stop engaging with people like Angry Joe online if their myopic viewpoints are frustrating you. If you're looking for youtubers, there are actually quite a few small content creators who talk about MegaTen-related stuff, and small communities on sites like Reddit and whatnot where likeminded people can have discussions.

Apolgies if I overlooked this, but I have to say I agree with this 100%. It's also worth noting, some bigger YouTubers tend to be negative in general. Great example, I love Trolls, sometimes I get recommended DazzReviews' video "The TERRIBLE Trolls Movie." Clearly I don't agree with it, but I can go elsewhere. I've been to a smaller community around the series, and have had great conversations about it. Bigger YouTubers are sometimes negative because it means clicks.

Where SMT plays into this for me, I found two YouTubers awhile back, shortly after buying SMT VI. Specifically Nyarly and Davidcast JRPGs. They both cover Atlus games, especially SMT. It's been awhile since I've seen their videos, but I recommend giving them a try @Maxenmus if you haven't yet. I remember when Davidcast JRPGs did a video on how people got into SMT, it hit home since everyone's story is different. For me, it was Toyko Mirage Sessions #FE, after finding out it was a Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei crossover originally, not knowing what Shin Megami Tensei was sparked curiosity and made me want to play some of the games.

@Kermit1 That's great to hear!

@Blooper987 Looking forward to seeing you more. I kinda missed your posts on VTubers and anime.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Blooper987

@Sunsy don’t worry I’ll continue my job as the resident anime and vtuber crazy person of the NintendoLife forums! In fact I would say I’ve only gotten crazier since I was active here last seeing as I watch almost every anime I can every season and have become a vtuber lol

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Blooper987

@Kermit1 I actually haven’t watched that yet. I tend to miss movies and such when they just release. Gosh I only just watched a silent voice a couple weeks ago. I’ll certainly check it out when I have the time tho!

Kermit1doesmath

@Blooper987 Belle was amazing!!! It perfectly put social media into film and the animation was 10/10.

dysgraphia awareness human

Sunsy

@Blooper987 That's awesome! Watched anything good lately. For me, I got some anime blu-rays and DVDs thanks to some sales, and saw these two...

Untitled

Wakaba Girl was really cute and funny, and my friend and I enjoyed the first part of Girls und Panzer Das Finale. So much, I have part two and waiting to get together with him just to watch it together.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Blooper987

@Sunsy I’ll have to check those out too! I’ve heard about girls und panzer, the other one I’m much less familiar with though. Pretty much all I’ve been watching recently have been new shows like Yofukashi No Uta and Isekai Ojisan which I highly suggest! Also keep rewatching Nichijou like I always do lol

Sunsy

@Blooper987 I've seen the entire series of Girls und Panzer, save for Das Finale part 2 and 3. Going into Das Finale along with a friend who got into the series, we get together regularly to watch anime. It's a good time, some slice of life, with a story of high school girls doing the best sport ever... battling tanks!

Wakaba Girl is pretty much cute girls doing cute things, it's about a rich girl named Wakaba, who wants failed to get into a fancy high school, in turn, befriends three others at a regular girls school. Really cute, even if the episodes are short.

Cool, will make note on those. I really need to see Nichijou one of these days, I keep seeing it pop up online.

Maxenmus

Sorry for the late response, everyone.

Ralizah wrote:

Before the 3DS eshop shuts down, it might be worth engaging with more Atlus games on there. Like, have you ever played any of the Etrian Odyssey games? Because if the sense of dread, hardcore difficulty, and gameplay focus of older SMTs appeals to you, EO is absolutely worth checking out.

Actually, it's more of the surreal universe and unique storyline of man vs. God and Satan for the throne of the universe that appealed to me. I hate hardcore difficulty and challenging gameplay.

I've heard Etrian Odyssey recommended to me before when I mentioned SMT, but what is the story about? Is it any good? From what spoilers I've read, it seems to resemble SMT IV's plot a bit, discovering the dark hidden truth behind your idyllic homeland.

Ralizah wrote:

Best to just stop engaging with people like Angry Joe online if their myopic viewpoints are frustrating you. If you're looking for youtubers, there are actually quite a few small content creators who talk about MegaTen-related stuff, and small communities on sites like Reddit and whatnot where likeminded people can have discussions.

Sunsy wrote:

Where SMT plays into this for me, I found two YouTubers awhile back, shortly after buying SMT VI. Specifically Nyarly and Davidcast JRPGs. They both cover Atlus games, especially SMT. It's been awhile since I've seen their videos, but I recommend giving them a try @Maxenmus if you haven't yet. I remember when Davidcast JRPGs did a video on how people got into SMT, it hit home since everyone's story is different. For me, it was Toyko Mirage Sessions #FE, after finding out it was a Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei crossover originally, not knowing what Shin Megami Tensei was sparked curiosity and made me want to play some of the games.

Yeah, I've actually seen the videos of a few MegaTen creators like them, Nyarly, Davidcast, Simply Dad, and Marsh. Marsh hasn't made a video in two years, which is a shame, because his analysis of older SMT titles was so good. It's also interesting that he gave SMT V a rather positive review as I thought that he would be one of those old-school gamers who hate what the newer titles did with their "style over substance approach," which is what SMT V felt like to me. Simply Dad hated it, on the other hand, which is also surprising since Dad seems like quite a wholesome guy who would be positive about almost anything. lol

But yeah, I followed your advices and have just subscribed to those channels. Maybe I'll try to check out more of their SMT videos when I have the time. Hopefully, they'll talk about Soul Hackers 2 in the future. Man, I'm still worried SH2 will turn out bad from all the things I'm hearing. xD

Thanks again to the both of you for your heartful responses. I appreciate it.

Maxenmus

Switch Friend Code: SW-7926-2339-9775 | 3DS Friend Code: 3539-9678-8621 | My Nintendo: Flare | Nintendo Network ID: OriusPrime

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Oh that's cool, I think I recall having some of the cards as well. I think I played the TCG once or twice back then, too. Just a random question, I recall you saying you guys had a Genesis and a Dreamcast back in the day, did you have a Saturn as well? I might have asked that at some point, but I don't really remember, lol.

By the way, I also agree with you on the YouTuber thing. I'd also get recommended videos with...very unkind titles, plus they seem clickbaity, so I stay away from them. I'd even click "don't recommend channel," too. There was one YouTuber that I did watch, and it did seem like he complains in a whiny manner like every five seconds or so, so I just stopped watching.

@Blooper987 You're very welcome. Ouch, that lie doesn't sound good...some people just aren't nice whatsoever.

Those anime posts are reminding me, by the way. I still wanna see Kiki's Delivery Service one of these days, have you seen it? I did hear it's really good.

@Tyranexx Oh man, that sounds pretty rough. That's the one next to Death Mountain, isn't it? I was thinking of doing that last.

Gotcha, yeah I did get lucky on that family plan, lol. My mom, for example, loves playing Animal Crossing, so I put her on my plan so she can have her island backed up. Yeah, the N64 games are what I'd want the most too, and maybe some of the Genesis games. Yep, MK8D's DLC can be played online without getting the Booster Course Pass - I bought it on its own, so that's why they showed up.

Yeah, I've been playing Mario Kart for years, lol! I like using the mushrooms, and they're really good for certain shortcuts, too. Did you know that you can outrun a blue shell's explosion with a well-timed mushroom boost?

@Grumblevolcano Honestly, I'd love GBA games to make it in, too! Those, alongside N64 and Genesis/Mega Drive games, would have me consider getting NSO+EP as well, since you'd at least get a substantial amount of retro content. I'd love GameCube games as well, but it's kind of a pipe dream at this point.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Fizza

Hey everyone, you might've already known about it since I alluded to it under the new NSO games article, but I was away for the last few days meeting some relatives across the country! I was only planning on staying for a day (hence why I didn't say anything) but some complications came up so I had to stay for about 3 days instead. Nevertheless, I had a great time down there doing stuff like bird watching, fine dining and even going to see Thor: Love and Thunder in the local cinema (quick review: my least favourite out of the 'modern' Thor movies but still had it's high points). Apart from that though, I started playing both Kirby's Avalanche and Comix Zone for the first time through NSO along with grabbing a shiny Basculin and Misdreavus in Legends Arceus so I got a good bit of stuff done that regard as well. Overall, I had a great time and I'm happy to be back once again!

Also, is it just me or did some of the website's UI get a bit of a makeover (specifically the bars under the 'NINTENDOLIFE' banner)? It looks nice, I must say

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Mega Man 11 (Switch)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Kermit1doesmath

Yay a Georgia storm is happening above me. Lightning and all. and It's only 4:27.

Sunsy

Silly Sunsy, it's SMT IV, not VI... I'm pretty sure I'd be wishing for a VI. Silly typo, lol.

@Maxenmus You're welcome, it's always good to look at likeminded communities and content creators. Not to mention when there is a negative opinion, like Simply Dad has on SMT V, it's at least that criticism done out of that person's love for the series, rather than just being an easy click for a video.

@MarioLover92 Nope, never had a Saturn back in the day. I did play a Saturn a few times at my cousin's house, aside from that never owned one.

Yeah, it's just something I noticed on YouTube over the years. Negative stuff always guarantees clicks. Say someone's favorite movie, game, etc, is terrible, and you'll get people clicking. While I don't watch said videos, most I know IRL generally like the Trolls movies, so they can't be bad to everyone. Using it as an example.

Titles feel clickbaity too. The video I mention has TERRIBLE in caps like that. It catches your attention. Thankfully I haven't clicked on the video. I've seen the first Trolls lots of times since 2017, I think it's a great movie, so all I'm just going to do is disagree with the video anyway.

@Fizza The bigger question... Did it keep you from Luca?

Joke aside, I'm glad it was a good time. Saw Thor the other day too, making it the second theater trip this summer. That makes three times this year, going to go again at the end of August.

Honestly, I haven't noticed any difference on the banner, unless I'm missing it.

Kermit1doesmath

Sunsy wrote:

Yeah, it's just something I noticed on YouTube over the years. Negative stuff always guarantees clicks. Say someone's favorite movie, game, etc, is terrible, and you'll get people clicking. While I don't watch said videos, most I know IRL generally like the Trolls movies, so they can't be bad to everyone. Using it as an example.

Titles feel clickbaity too. The video I mention has TERRIBLE in caps like that. It catches your attention. Thankfully I haven't clicked on the video. I've seen the first Trolls lots of times since 2017, I think it's a great movie, so all I'm just going to do is disagree with the video anyway.

Ya, stuff I like gets bashed all the time (cough Nintendo cough) and may I ask how did you became such a big Trolls fan I remember seeing the film in theatres and enjoying it. For a very small little amount of time I kinda liked that Justin Timberlake song that gets played nonstop nowadays on the radio. Before I started listening to tons of 60s/70s bands.

and the amount of times I've seen thumbnails and titles like {thing here} IS CONTROVERSIAL CLICK HERE FOR THE SAME INFO EVERYBODY ELSE HAS BUT I GOT A TWIST ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

Snatcher

@Kermit1 Ikr? I ask people if they want to add me, just ask, but some people never do, and just randomly add my friend code lol.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

blindsquirrel

@Kermit1
Alright, tell me if I need to send you a request( never done it through codes, just through local play with my brother and stuff like that.) probably going to delete the comment with my friend code so random people don’t just add it.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic