Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 61,741 to 61,760 of 63,147

Tyranexx

I finally fully watched the Direct after mostly listening in on it shortly after it dropped earlier this week. Besides the games I've gushed about elsewhere, Blanc is now also on my radar thanks to its visuals and concept.

@MarioLover92 I suppose I did take it well, though some of it was sheer relief that we were getting something news-wise after some radio silence. I don't blame them from separating all the third party content from the XC3 Direct since it was a lot of information. I'm sure we'll get a first party update before long.

I admit I knew almost nothing about the F-Zero series until its popularity was long gone and it became almost a meme to request it lol.

@Anti-Matter I highly recommend the Mega Man Battle Network series if you enjoy RPGs with action elements, random battles, and light (sometimes simple or tedious) puzzle solving. The battles are an action/card battler hybrid (via battle chips) where you have a regular buster/gun attack. Battle chips serve to give you different attacks, buffs, stage element changes (the game has an element system of fire < water < electric < wood < fire), and healing. Later games also add elements for Mega Man (style changes) and fusions with other digital characters (Net Navis). For this reason, as well as some story elements, it's best to play the games in order. The games from three onward were split into two versions kinda like the Pokemon series, where their basic plots are the same but some story elements and characters change.

The other big games for me, besides what I mentioned about Blanc above, are the Portal: Companion Collection, Nier: Automata, the Live A Live demo, and technically the Persona games. I've never played them, so I may pick up Persona 5 Royal at some point just to try it.

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii)

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Yeah I think that's the one. I also remember it had interestingly user ratings in the review section. Which showcases a time when Nintendo's own site allowed people to rate and review games. Too bad that it was short lived, or hard to write a review for. They actually manually had to approve it, and it won't get posted, even if you wrote something that didn't have anything offensive in it.

Ok, now I remember. Specifically seeing it on Sega's own website. For some reason Ghost Squad came to mind too. I haven't played the Wii version, but I did try the arcade version at a local mall.

Sunsy

Eel

I suspect the fan on my og Switch no longer works, and it’s starting to cause overheating problems.

I’ve ordered a replacement and will attempt to fix it.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WoomyNNYes

@Eel When I turn on my launch day switch, the fan always whirrs into turbo blast mode. It doesn't sound good. I suspect the thermal paste has gone bad, if that's possible? I don't know enough to explain it otherwise. But the fan issue gradually got worse over time.

Worried I don't know how to diagnose it properly, I've been tempted to try and have nintendo fix it. And if I do fix it, I will give it to my friend. Although, I'm realizing as I type, this friend is in the tech world, he might be able to fix it.

Extreme bicycle rider (<=click for great video<3)
'Tendo liker

Kermit1

Happy Merry Canada Summer America Day Fest everyone!!!

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

WoomyNNYes

@Kermit1 What's a Canada? Is that one of the 5 great lakes?🙃 There's huron, superior, erie, canada

I'm kidding. I lived near toronto in buffalo NY until I was 8.

Happy Canada Day!

Edit: I don't have much in the way of fireworks. Just some adult bang snaps. They kind of sound like a gunshot when they hit the ground. XD They're funny. https://youtu.be/q6sclIAIHIw?t=23

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Kermit1

@WoomyNNYes Once on Halloween same "kids" were lighting those in the streets and scaring everyone half to death.

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3

DA-2802-3315-4367

#TeamSlime

Link-Hero

I live in mid-Washington, so Canada is pratically my neighbor. I can get there in about a 3 hour drive.

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

WoomyNNYes

I initialized (wiped) my launch day switch, and packed it in it's original packaging (watched an unboxing video to see how it was packed). All I have to do is ship it to my friend.

'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

Two more days will be USA independence day.
My country will celebrate 77th anniversary independence day on 17 August 2022.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Snatcher

Cuphead, was soooo worth the 4 year wait, the animation dare an say looks even better the. The base game somehow, and the concepts, I love it, I love all of it, 8 bucks is so criminal!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it) Remind me to ask jump about those ninja skills of his.

🏳️‍⚧️

Anti-Matter

I have really tough decision to decide between Yokai Watch 3 English digital vs Yokai Watch 4 Switch physical.
As I have played Yokai Watch 3 Japanese version since last year and have accumulated more than 200 hours, to replay again the English version even in digital version for me it is not really worthy as I have less desire to continue my previous digital games purchase. In my opinion, I better pick Sushi and Sukiyaki version to complete my Yokai Watch 3 games collection, even I didn't enjoy the games in English language, at least I still able to clear Japanese games with my decent knowledge of Japanese words.
To decide between Yokai Watch 3 and Yokai Watch 4, I have never played Yokai Watch 4 and to see I have a chance to get that game from my local online shopping website currently, I don't want to miss the chance so I think I have to bury my dream to play Yokai Watch 3 English version as even on Yokai Watch 4 it still Japan version, so not really different with Yokai Watch 3 Japan version. I have to wait for next month to pick Yokai Watch 4 Switch after I got my salary.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Zuljaras

@Snatcher I am still waiting for the physical release that may never come

The animation style is so creepy! I love it!

Edited on by Zuljaras

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

Kairu

@Zuljaras A physical is release is supposed to be coming. I think Studio MDHR were waiting until the DLC released so they could ship the DLC with the physical copy.

Can usually be found doing something. Often seen wearing clothes.

Just wants to play Silksong...

Twitter:

Zuljaras

@Kairu That is fantastic! Thanks for the info!

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-doom-fan-has-a-novel-way-to-display-a-destroyed-switch-cartridge

WoomyNNYes

So, I repacked my OG switch in it's original retail packaging, so I could send it to a friend. I'm giving him my old switch. UPS store says it's $80 to send it standard ground. Since the switch screen sits flush with the retail box side panel, it seems prudent to need to send it as fragile, pack in another box. But, G.M. Chrysler! $80 to "give" my switch to a friend 100 miles away? Seems kind of ridiculous.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Snatcher

@Zuljaras Definitely, some bosses have a more free hotness to them.

Physical is happening, it can be any day now!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it) Remind me to ask jump about those ninja skills of his.

🏳️‍⚧️

Tyranexx

Oof. Somehow I thought today was July 1st until a little bit ago. Happy late Canada Day to my country's northern neighbors!

Currently playing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3, Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii)

Feel free to send me a Switch friend request, but please tell me first. Otherwise, I probably won't accept.

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Switch Friend Code: SW-3478-2466-4791

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic