Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 61,661 to 61,680 of 96,508

MarioVillager92

@KateGray I'm doing OK, I suppose. I've been a bit depressed recently, though. Hope all is well with you.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Fizza

@KateGray I may as well jump on the food train while it's hot (heh). While I'm not sure whether or not it would take too long, fully homemade pizza is absolutely to die for. Kneading the dough, mixing the sauce, chopping the toppings, it is some of the most stress-free cooking I've ever done. My personal preference when making them is pepperoni topped with oregano leaves and a tiny smattering of chopped up sausage and chicken. Very basic I know, but it is simply MUAH when it comes to the taste. Get yourself either a detailed cookbook or video guide on standby and it is an amazing time with an even better payoff.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

KateGray

@Eel AH!! Despite Nova Scotia being VERY far from Mexico, it's weirdly easy to get poblanos here — they sell them in my local supermarket, in the regular veg section, and I'm always looking for ways to use them! Thank you!

(I have used my Sunday Cooking Time to make birria, carnitas and tacos al pastor in the past! We also make our own corn tortillas from scratch!)

@seaboyluca I do love a cronchy salad <3

Now that Ghost Trick and Paper Mario TTYD are on the Switch, I have no purpose in life... EXCEPT TO ASK FOR FANTASY LIFE ON THE SWITCH!!! YEAHHHH BOIIII

Twitter:

Eel

@KateGray ah that's great because you'll definitely want to include tortillas!

Can't eat Mexican food without a tortilla in your other hand.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Sunsy

Whoa, this thread's been busy.

@MarioLover92 Yeah, it was more or less curiosity of what was behind the "2 Player Game" option too. I remember doing the same with Sonic 2. I loved messing with the level select code for that game, had fun jumping to my favorite levels with it.

@Snatcher I would honestly agree. We have multiple storefronts (Steam, GOG, Origin, Epic, etc) instead of one, mods are great (I have a Sonic Adventure 2 mod that replaces all playable characters with Amy... while keeping everyone's abilities, lol), and even free game offers that don't require a subscription, and free online. Also, sales. I got Borderlands 2 for $5, and the classic Strike Commander for $1.50.

Some games are DRM-free. Imagine buying a download, backing it up, and then being able to install and play without phoning home to GOG. Great stuff!

PC gaming is great if you ever decide to give it a try.

@Anti-Matter Afraid I don't have interest in that game, it's cool you like it. Yup it's on Steam, I think I saw the game once while browsing the Steam store.

@TheJGG Ooh, that's really nice aside from the heat and sweat. I can see the pictures make it worth it.

@KateGray Doing great, still pretty happy over something that happened a week ago.

Long cooking, sometimes I like to make meatballs, cook them, then let them simmer in tomato sauce for a few hours so it soaks up the flavor. Mom's side of the family is Italian, so I learned some things about Italian cooking.

Now can't help but wonder if Nintendo Life staff ever peaks in the Nintendo Life cooks thread that @NinChocolate and myself post in to see what we cook.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Kermit1doesmath

Tortilla pizza is a quick yummy lunch, all you need is:

a tortilla

pizza sauce

veg. of your choice (I like green peppers on mine)

other topping of choice (like chocolate sauce and marshmallows or pickles)

put it in the oven for 6min on low heat

or microwave for 6min

Now you are done enjoy, I do enjoy a good tortilla pizza from time to time.

dysgraphia awareness human

Sunsy

@Kermit1 Similarly, I had English Muffin pizzas for lunch yesterday. Sometimes you can't beat the simple classics.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Kermit1doesmath

@Sunsy mmm, English Muffins it's been a good while since I've had one of those.

Eel

I like pizza-anything. We sometimes buy frozen pizza bagels for that quick fix.

Oh by the way, @KateGray, If you want to use the poblanos without going through all the trouble of doing the whole Nogada sauce and stuffing, you can also just stuff them with only cheese or a simpler meat stuffing, cover them in egg batter, and deep fry them. These regular Chiles Rellenos are staple in our house.

Anaheim/california chiles also work perfectly for stuffing.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@Sunsy Nothing but pluses lol!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

KateGray

@Fizza My partner LOVES making bread, so he sometimes whips up a pizza dough. Usually when we want a pizza though, we do the trashy thing and get a delivery one, because we're impatient

My favourite pizzas that I have made:

• Figs, salami, goat cheese, balsamic glaze
  • Old-fashioned pepperoni and anchovy with a sesame seed crust
  • Turkey, cranberry, stuffing pizza, with gravy instead of tomato sauce (it's a Thanksgiving pizza!)
  • Garlic, mozzarella, balsamic caramelised onions

I like weird pizzas

Now that Ghost Trick and Paper Mario TTYD are on the Switch, I have no purpose in life... EXCEPT TO ASK FOR FANTASY LIFE ON THE SWITCH!!! YEAHHHH BOIIII

Twitter:

Fizza

@KateGray I'm getting hungry just thinking about those options. But the real question then becomes: what about pineapple?

Kermit1doesmath

@Fizza yum

pineapple in smoothy

pineapple on pizza

pineapple sauce

pineapple

pineapple upside down cake

pineapple pineapple

the list goes on and on

Kermit1doesmath

Is this The Chit Food-Chat Thread now?

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Well... 😟
I think it's hard for me to find other peoples who have interest with the games that I played currently since I played games with wider variety and mostly the obscure or not so popular games.
I'm already open with the games that I didn't have interest with them before and suddenly I can getting along with the games I choose.
I have finished the games that I'm not really fan of their franchises such as The Adventure of Tintin PS3, Rango PS3, Ben 10 Ultimate Alien: Cosmic Destruction PS3, etc. I played them not because I like with their looking or something, but I could follow the gameplay model that I quickly grasped as I played the games so it built my other experiences from obscure games.

I don't know what other games do you like to play even for the upcoming games as you don't really have interest with a lot of upcoming games that I mostly played such as Epic Chef, Dodgeball Academia, Youtubers Life 2, Horse Club Adventures, etc. And every time I want to discuss with the games I played currently, nobody want to talk with me. Nobody. 😟

I rarely like the well known or famous games like Sonic as I cannot play Sonic games with very high speed, it's not my forte after played some levels. I don't even care with games like zelda, xenoblade, metroid, (sorry if I keep repeat the games I don't like) as I don't have interest with them and I felt really annoyed at some points to see peoples keep discussing those games that I never like.

Recently I have curiosity with Kirby games on Switch and I have a plan to get them quickly as I realized Kirby games are quickly sold and rarely get restock in my country as fewer fans like Kirby games than Mario games.
I'm not really hyped with Mario games despite I like to buy some of their games as my engagement level with Mario games is pretty low so I tend to play Mario games slowly or infrequently and usually taking long time to finish the games except some of Mario games I finished quickly like Paper Mario Sticker Star 3DS, Super Mario Odyssey Switch (around 2 weeks to finish the games).
Also, I'm not really interested to talk a lot of Mario games as from my point of view, a lot of Mario games are still too safe or pretty much same all the time as I compared with other games like Ratchet & Clank, they have more diversity. Maybe because I prefer the games that have more personality rather than the games that still same all the time. I personally want to see Mario can talk normally like other games but I found a lot of Mario fans hate the idea and want to see Mario never talk (What's wrong to have Mario with more personality?)
Or maybe some of Nintendo fans very hard to open with new ideas and mostly refuse to embrace new ideas and some changes. And this thing sometimes really bothering me as I want to see some different things but majority peoples refuse to accept new ideas.

Btw, can you mention the cartoonish games do you like to play (including the upcoming games) because I don't know what kind of games you like to play and matched with my interest ?
I just only found you mentioned about My Little Pony and Sonic games that I also have same interest about, I don't know the other games you like to play also since you tend to talk with other users but almost never talk to me since my gaming interest mostly different and you don't have much interest to getting know with the games I currently played.

I don't know which user should I talk to about the games I have interest to play and discuss. 😔

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

KateGray

@Fizza My secret is that my favourite pizza topping is BBQ sauce and pineapple. I am not ashamed, because everyone that has given it a try has LOVED it. I call it the Kate Special.

Twitter:

Kermit1doesmath

@KateGray I call that lunch

@Anti-Matter I understand how you feel, I really enjoy a lot of games people don't really like (skylanders, Lego Worlds and a few others). I agree with what you said about Mario I'd love to see him talk.

Fizza

@Kermit1 @Eel @KateGray I'm so disappointed in all of you. 'Tis sacrilege to have pineapple on pizza I tell you: SACRILEGE!
Untitled

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic