Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 61,641 to 61,660 of 96,481

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Youtubers Life 2 only available on Switch version in my country so I have to order from play-asia for PS4 version since I still insist to get that game on PS4 version and I saw better performance on PS4 version (faster loading time, more stable frame rate at 60 fps) than Switch version.

Btw, do you play Kirby games on Switch?
Recently I have curiousity with Kirby games on Switch as I found from my local online shopping website, there were a few sellers who still have Kirby Star Allies after 4 years from its release so I cannot wait too long and have to get that game as Kirby games are quickly sold out in Indonesia than Mario games as there are fewer Kirby fans than Mario fans.
I wonder what makes Kirby games are different each other from their series on NDS, 3DS, Wii and Switch?

Anti-Matter

ogo79

Tyranexx wrote:

@ogo79 The axe and chains are fine and slimming. Those boots though...WAY too much calf definition. The poor guy looks like he's in pain from them.

perhaps i should put the boots back in the boex?

Losermagnet wrote:

@ogo79 the halberd & blue boots look is in right now, and I'm feelin' it.

hell yeah thats what im talkin bout!

the_shpydar wrote:

@ogo79
Nah. And the chains are actually quite slimming.
But you may want to visit the eye doctor. Or at least a good cosmetic surgeon, he should be able to fix that cyclopean problem right up.

look me in the eye and say that.

Eel wrote:

@ogo79 no but the chains do

i was told it was baby fat. but spelled "phat" to make me feel better about myself...its not working now.

LzWinky wrote:

@the_shpydar @ogo79 I thought I smelled something old

well well well if it isnt the ugly oil stained duckling from lower alabama himself.
Untitled
this thread needs more legends...
@theblackdragon

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

the_shpydar

@NeonPizza
Indeed. I'm like Eobard Thawne or Kang the Conqueror. The universe can never completely destroy me, because i'll just re-manifest from an alternate timeline to cause shenanigans.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx Yeah, and I'd get destroyed by any high-level enemy that detects me as well, lol. I think I defeated one of those unique monsters in XC2 at some point. They've got tons of HP, from my experience anyway.

In other news, I'm getting impatient for the next wave of Mario Kart courses to come out...it feels like forever since they released the first wave. I also wanna try to get my hands on the Genesis Mini 2. Always liked Sega's old-school games so it's no wonder I want it.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

BruceCM

What I notice is that it's folded up rather than being on a beach with someone in it, @WoomyNNYes ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jedgamesguy

@Sunsy Not bad today. We did a three hour hike to visit a waterfall… with each layer it got harder, and we had to scramble up wet rocks to reach the top. Fun, the view was quite nice, but I’m definitely taking a rest for another few hours. It was also pretty hot too! At times I did have sweat pouring into my eyes. It’s not pleasant!

@Losermagnet Now that’s a good choice of films. Speaking of, the BBC ran a really cool article on Princess Mononoke, since it was the 25th anniversary yesterday. They interviewed Neil Gaiman, who wrote the English script, and he described how detrimental Harvey Weinstein was. Give it a read!

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20220713-princess-mononok...

As for my own reviews, they’ve gone really well! It’s really hard to pick a favourite since each stands out in its own unique way, but I really liked The Wind Rises, recency bias aside. Whisper of the Heart, Tale of the Princess Kaguya and Mononoke also up there.

They’re good movies for de-stressing, though they bring their own melancholy… but good luck on your interview! Hope you make a good impression!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

KateGray

Howdy, y'all!

How's everyone doing today?

I really fancy going for a hike this weekend, but I don't live near any exciting hike-zones and I don't have a car. Maybe I can bike out to a lake or something!

Also, a question: I sometimes enjoy spending my entire Sunday preparing a meal that takes hours, like a bolognese, handmade gyoza, or char siu pork. Does anyone have recommendations for something like that?

Now that Ghost Trick and Paper Mario TTYD are on the Switch, I have no purpose in life... EXCEPT TO ASK FOR FANTASY LIFE ON THE SWITCH!!! YEAHHHH BOIIII

Twitter:

jedgamesguy

KateGray wrote:

I really fancy going for a hike this weekend, but I don't live near any exciting hike-zones and I don't have a car. Maybe I can bike out to a lake or something!

Anything at all's better than being cooped up at home sometimes. It's probably worth biking out for a few hours...

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Anti-Matter

@KateGray
Sometimes on Sunday morning I cooked instant ramen noodle for my breakfast with some vegetables such as carrot, onion spring, bean sprouts, etc and I used extra noodles to get extra portion as 70 gram of dried noodles is not enough for my tummy.

I only ride mountain bike as my vehicles as I cannot drive car nor motorbike, still afraid with high speed and concerning about air pollution so mountain bike is my only vehicles to go to my working place at school and other places as long not too far away.

Anti-Matter

KateGray

@seaboyluca YESSSSS THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT, thank you!! I have a dutch oven that I like to use for slow-cooking, since I find an actual slow cooker makes things way too watery. I live near a well-stocked beer shop which will definitely have some Belgian beers, too!

@Anti-Matter I would LOVE to make a good ramen some day. It's hard to get/make dashi and that super-tender chashu pork though my bike is a road bike, but there aren't too many mountains around here anyway!

@TheJGG I agree!! And I think the weather will be nice. I feel not only cooped up in my house, but cooped up in the area between my house and the grocery store — I never really get the chance to venture out further. Now is the time!

Now that Ghost Trick and Paper Mario TTYD are on the Switch, I have no purpose in life... EXCEPT TO ASK FOR FANTASY LIFE ON THE SWITCH!!! YEAHHHH BOIIII

Twitter:

jedgamesguy

@KateGray Go for it by all means! Since you don’t have a car the fastest way away would be by bike anyhow. Always look both ways before crossing… and fare thee well my cyclist to be!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Mioaionios

@KateGray
Glad I was able to help.

One last suggestion for the side dish, if I may: Belgian witlof (chicory) salad. Chop the vegetable, add chopped apples, mix it with mayonaise and season with a dash of black pepper and a splash of lemon.
Oh, and fries... you need fries.

Happy cooking!

Mioaionios

Fizza

A quick question for anyone here who knows if you don't mind: if you're ignored by someone, does that mean you can't see their posts? I'm not going to name who it is who potentially blocked me unless absolutely necessary since I wouldn't want to berate them for something they chose to do but whenever I click on their profile, it says they have no comments or posts whatsoever, even though they're clearly still posting stuff in the threads. I've never been blocked before so I don't know whether this just happens when that kind of thing takes place but I'm curious nonetheless. Thanks for hearing me out if you're reading this!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Dogorilla

@Fizza There's an ignore function and a block function which are separate - if you ignore someone then you stop seeing their posts but they still see yours, whereas block goes both ways.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Fizza

@seaboyluca @Dogorilla Thanks for letting me know! I don't really know what I did to incur something like this but hey, it's their choice and I have to respect that. You know what they say:
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Eel

@KateGray here’s another time consuming recipe for another day:

https://www.mylatinatable.com/authentic-mexican-chiles-en-nog...
https://mexicanfoodjournal.com/chiles-en-nogada/

(Both sites cover the same recipe, just linking both to have more options!)

These are a traditional patriotic and fancy food here in Mexico. Expensive to make, but very picturesque, basically food for a special occasion.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CANOEberry

I should be trimming down to paddle right now... but I would give up a day of portaging around waterfalls and beaver-dams if I could roll, rim to rim, about a giant bowl filled with chiles, creamy salsa, fruit and meat filling...

CANOEberry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic