Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 49,421 to 49,440 of 96,538

MPSSislit

[Insert "I'm not dead, just busy] meme here].
Sorry for the really late responses, guys. I've just been very busy with school recently. 🤔😐

@ThanosReXXX
I know the felt random, but I didn't know what else to say, and I wanted to acknowledge your previous response to me.

@Tyranexx
Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up. Sorry that I had to ask you so many times. You didn't misunderstand my response, that's what I was asking about actually. 🤔

@Sunsy
Yeah, I thought the same thing for Splatoon if it had a BR mode in it. 🤔
I also like Ninjala's BR style as well.

@Blooper987, @ogo79

Blooper987 wrote:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2RQIZBqTRPk

It’s dangerous to go alone, take this.

ogo79 wrote:

its dangerous to go alone!
take this.
Untitled

@Blooper987
I hope your interview went well. The advice I would give is to act like yourself but in a professional way. (if that makes any sense). 🤔
I actually had an interview on Wednesday as well.

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Snatcher

@SM3DASislit I Said the same thing earlyer LOL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Tyranexx

@TheJGG I agree that BotW2 is more likely to show up before Metroid Prime 4 at this point; the engine for the former is already there, so they wouldn't need to work on the game from the ground up again. BotW was very much worth the wait; it's a perfect example of why I don't mind game delays so long as those delays are used to further polish up a game. Plus, we've had an actual trailer at least vs. just a simple teaser title.

TheJGG wrote:

...but when we have Hideki Kamiya screaming at us every five seconds that yes, he is in fact working on the Bayonetta 3 game....

The mental image of this made me smile. XD Yes, I'm in full agreement there! That's what I call "Know-nothing" or "Yes, it's coming" news. Personally, I have no stake in Bayonetta 3 as those titles just don't seem to be my type. Though I do hope it meets fans' (reasonable) expectations when it does release.

Also agreed on Mahler's comments. Though I haven't played No Man's Sky, from what I've read Hello Games really has tried to clean it up. With CDPR...Well, perhaps it's too early to fully judge the situation, but yes, they could DEFINITELY be handling the Cyberpunk 2077 fiasco better.

I'll keep an eye out for a decent Death Stranding price down the line. No PlayStation yet, though perhaps in the future....Nintendo systems keep me more than occupied right now lol.

@Heavyarms55 I'm usually hurting for Sinnoh Stones since there are so many Gen 4 add-ons that use them; it definitely makes sense why they went the stones route vs. adding in each exclusive evolutionary item. I know they can be obtained through PVP, but that isn't something I willingly participate in outside of research needs. I usually just rely on tasks like with the Roselia C-day today or the lucky research breakthrough. If there was a repeatable task for those during the Sneasel event, now I almost regret not participating....

On the D/P/Pt rumors: I'd love for a remake/remakes to show up and think it's a given, though I'm not quite banking on this year yet. I also much prefer Platinum, not only for the extra content and better Pokedex (I completely forgot about the Ponyta thing TBH, but I did refuse to use Chimchar. Pretty sure I've went into detail on my dislike of its design before, so I'll spare the thread lol), but also due to the plot changes and the Distortion World. I cannot understate how much of an impression that chaotic place left on me. And Giratina's Origin Form? HECK YES! Before it was revealed, Dialga's design was my favorite of the three with Giratina's Altered Form a semi-close second.

I'd love a new game set in Sinnoh with some similarities to a short time skip like in BW2. A slightly changed region, older characters from the original, some modern updates...the whole nine yards!

For some reason, I thought the Roselia C-Day was next weekend so was surprised when the alert popped up on my phone today. I participated a little and caught a couple, but it wasn't one I was that excited for; I caught one at full odds last year, and the ones I did find weren't much better stat-wise lol. I might've stuck it out longer if it wasn't so [expletive] cold here today! At least the sun was out.

@PokemonGirl99 Here, I cleaned up Anti's link a bit:
https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shellos_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

@ThanosReXXX Ah. I did wonder if The Hobbit trilogy incorporated some other extras in the canon - like one I do know about by digging through the lore, but won't spoil for anyone who might be reading - but I do think stretching each movie into a ~2.5 hour epic was a BIT much. Though I'm sure the movies did QUITE well at the box office.

I do intend to read through The Silmarillion at some point. Besides info I've found online, I spent quite a bit of time after finishing The Return of the King reading through the various appendices at the end and learned quite a lot. They leave the impression that, epic though the tale of the One Ring is, it's only a small chunk of a much, MUCH larger universe.

Confession: I haven't seen Princess Mononoke either. I didn't have access to the Ghibli films as a kid, though I do recall seeing advertisements for a couple of them. At my previous job, someone I worked with at the time loaned me both My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away. I absolutely love both films and have intended to watch most if not all the other animated Ghibli features since, but that hasn't quite happened yet. Princess Mononoke was also a favorite of that acquaintance.

@SM3DASislit Hah, no problem! I totally understand being busy! Hope school is treating you well!

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ThanosReXXX

@SM3DASislit Well.... you see, the thing with late, late replies, is that some of us will have no idea whatsoever anymore what the heck you're talking about...

Hi, pleased to meet 'ya. The name's some of us.

@Tyranexx Haven't seen Princess Mononoke either? What the heck is going ON? I feel like I'm in another dimension, or the twilight zone. Actually, come to think of it, what with all these COVID restrictions going on, it doesn't even feel too far off from that...

As for the Silmarillion: I hope you know what you're getting yourself into with that one, because it reads like chewing on dry oatmeal...
I think that it's only interesting for hardcore Tolkien aficionados, because it's basically a history book, with a LOT of names, dates and events, and VERY little story, if any, in between, so it doesn't quite read like any of the other Tolkien books. It's almost more of an appendix/reference book to the world of Middle Earth, if you will.

But yeah, the Lord of the Rings saga IS only a small sliver of the entire universe. Even if you simply account for the entire history before the Hobbits got involved, which is basically only mentioned in a short prelude at the beginning of the book and the first movie, then you can already more or less imagine that 4 to 500 years have passed since. And then there's other story lines as well, but unfortunately, Tolkien has never gotten around to finishing it all or fleshing out what little he left behind, story and plot-wise.

His son took over and there's even some books out that are written by him, based upon those fragments and what has supposedly been divulged/discussed between him and his father on how these stories should go, which is probably the closest we'll ever get to what it would have been like if Tolkien himself had written it.

Tolkien could have had 5 more years to write stuff up, but then came WW2, and so the saga of Middle Earth was put in the fridge for the time being, and only well after the war did he pick it up again. His experiences in the war did help to further shape/flesh out the world, especially the evil part of it.

A while back, they even made a movie about him, which is still on my "to watch" list. Here's a trailer:

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
Btw, what do you think about PokemonGirl99 ?
The way she asked you constantly about Pokemon game trivial questions was also made me wonder if she really a person or just a robot. And mostly she never replied you like a normal communication between peoples, just only asking you with random questions.

Last time she suddenly asked me about when was Pokemon Diamond / Pearl remake will be released. I answered i have no idea and Nintendo haven't even announced if that title will be really exist. Such a weird question to be asked. 🤨

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@ThanosReXXX I’m a superhuman who don’t need no Netflix! But in terms of any potential anime discussions I’m afraid my... expertise in that field is rather limited, but I’ll be ready to chime in when I get some.

I’ve watched one anime. That’s not enough to discuss but it means I’m used to the 26-episode format with a few minutes break for ads and all. So the format is nice, and easy to watch in small chunks.

I have seen Spirited Away and that was awesome. I do want to get into more Japanese animovies, mainly by Ghibli, because of how they’re able to break through the language barrier and take our hearts.

@Tyranexx You haven’t seen Princess Mononoke either?! That makes me feel normal for once!I started watching it yesterday so I’m about to leave that club.

And I’d rather wait for a game that will be a guaranteed piece of quality, because a delayed game is eventually good but a rushed game is forever bad. No Man’s Sky was relatively boring at launch but at least it wasn’t buggy, like Cyberpunk 2077. Both of them were rushed, and they didn’t listen to the overlord of the video game industry himself: Shigeru Miyamoto.

And it’s not how they’ve handled the problem for me, it’s about how they’re handling it. CDPR just made a series of apologies and statements and haven’t truly done much to fix even the smallest nuances like bugs. Consider as well that a lot of stuff was cut from the game that was promised in trailers and all; like the ability to open any door in the city, and to have your own fully customisable apartment. They have a mountain to climb if they want people to trust them again.

And that’s kinda why pre-ordering is a mixed bag for me. I only pre-order games from Nintendo because as corny as it might sound their games are 99/100 times guaranteed to be really good at least. I was actually tempted to buy a Switch game when I also bought Kingdom Hearts III on discount, but ultimately I knew I was gonna buy Super Mario 3D World, so I passed. I do wanna get Pikmin 3 though, especially since I don’t have it on Wii U. That and Astral Chain.

Sometimes on Switch, but much more on PlayStation I’ll see a game that I like that is on a big discount and more often than not I’ll buy it there and then. It sounds like impulsive buying but if you’ve had your eye on a full priced game that gets 60% slashed off it’s too hard to pass. Death Stranding was on a discount until Dec 23, so it was ordered for me before Christmas, and all downloaded by Christmas Day, and I started!

Edited on by jedgamesguy

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Heavyarms55

@Tyranexx Oh yeah, good point! I honestly forgot that the distortion world was a Platinum thing! Another huge reason they need to base any remakes on Platinum! That remains one of the coolest things they've ever done in the series and I'd love to see them not only revisit it, but find some way to expand on it. Maybe they can tie it into the ultra wormholes or Hoopa's portals somehow.

I was more excited for the Roselia c-day than the Superbowl, lol. I tend to have to restrain myself when it comes to college and professional sports because I have very low opinions of those things that just tend to upset people.

I remember cold. But I live in a desert wasteland now and it's February so that means it's already back in the 80s. I am really getting nervous to learn what mid-summer is like in this region and it really begs the question of why humans decided to build farms here...?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Eel

Oh yes that general area around the border is extremely hot in summer.

Like, cook on the road-hot. Good luck with the electric bills!

And yeah, it was a good community day. Got way more shiny roselias than I actually needed .

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

Hoosha...!
I bought a lot of games this evening. 😀
Take a look.
Untitled

Untitled

I dare myself to pick Starfox Wii U games as i have never played those games before and completely have zero knowledges about Starfox games, but i have some experiences about dogfight in the air from Sly Cooper 3 PS3.
First time i played Starfox Zero was... Miserable. 😫
My Arwing crashed 3 times due to confusion on using the Gamepad to shoot the walking spider robots on the first mission.
But i understood a little bit after 45 minutes playing.
Starfox Guard was easier, it was Tower Defense game and i have experience about Tower Defense game from Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers 3DS.

I got Yokai Watch 3 Tempura 3DS with the Save Data from previous owner. 😁
Even the backside of the cartridge has been written "Masato" in Hiragana as the name of previous owner. Thank goodness, the game has 2 Save slots so i still keep the 1st file from the previous owner while my Save data on the 2nd slot. 😉

Cars 2 PS3 was fine and i was quite surprised to realize that game was running on between 50 - 60 fps. 😲
Stunning !
But i have an issue about Jak 2 PS3 as i have experienced with sudden mute while i was playing on the first place to escape. Something wrong with the 2nd game. 🤔
Jak 3 was fine, no issues at all.

Fling Smash was the only Brand New Wii game i got. I was really surprised to get a Brand New Wii game for Rp 200,000 or US$ 14.30 ! 😲
I was so lucky. 😄
I also got Ty The Tasmanian Tiger 3 Gamecube version from Tokopedia, one of very rare Gamecube game i could get with very cheap price. I felt a little bit disappointed to see the graphic performances of Ty 3 on my Wii as i felt i was watching an old style movie in 30 fps and 480i. 😐

Anti-Matter

LuigibrineTheGreat

Had to change my alias cuz my mom said so for security.

Be yourself, no matter who you are!
For me, that's being madly in love with fictional characters. Plz don't judge.
Yes, my first anime was High School DxD. Don't ask or judge!
Switch FC: SW-0507-9503-1127 | 3DS FC: 1736-0165-7775 | Battle.net: Luigibrine#1151

Blooper987

@TheJGG do you have a youtube channel called JedgamesGUY? I saw a comment on the fire emblem va thing and the profile pic is the same as yours.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

ThanosReXXX

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Tyranexx
Btw, what do you think about PokemonGirl99 ?
The way she asked you constantly about Pokemon game trivial questions was also made me wonder if she really a person or just a robot. And mostly she never replied you like a normal communication between peoples, just only asking you with random questions.

Well, now you know how we see you sometimes, not replying to comments, asking silly questions, sometimes the same question in multiple forum topics and so on.

Perhaps it'll offer you some new insights, because PokemonGirl99 is no troll or bot at all, just a curious person, far as I can tell.

@TheJGG Haha, no worries about not having seen enough anime to be able to discuss it: it was just optional. But just in case you're ever interested to dive into that some more and if you want to know about the true must-see classics, then you'll know where to find me...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

HobbitGamer

I won't tell you what I think about them, insomuch as it's a reflection of my feelings on you..... ~Petty Labelle

The only anime needed is Robotech. That is all.

Also, I hear there's some racy scenes in Star Fox

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Well, looky-here what the cat dragged in...

How you've been? Everything alright, I hope?

P.S.

Racy scenes in Star Fox? That's the first time I've ever heard of that.

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX I'm alright, just super busy. Engaged, spending time with the kids, finding sleep sometimes

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Haha, I know all about that last part. Four hours a day if you're lucky, right?
And erm... engaged? As in to your better half, or simply as in "kept busy with"/joining in?

ThanosReXXX

@Octane Better than I did with the frozen side walks last week...
Public transport is still doing it's thing, albeit it more slowly and less frequently, so it took me a bit longer to get home from the office, but other than that, everything's fine.

And I actually love snow, long as it's an actual, decent layer and not just a carpet of grey slush.

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX To my much more awesome half, yeah. And including her 3 crazy girls. Have a Daddy Daughter dance Sunday.

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Ah, well seeing as I seem to have been missing multiple things of late, you getting engaged not ringing any bells is more or less par for the course for me. I actually always figured you were already married. Well, congrats, then. May you live long and prosper.

Yeah, I went there...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic