Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 48,061 to 48,080 of 96,503

MPSSislit

@NintendoByNature @BruceCM @WoomyNNYes @ThanosReXXX
I believe Nintendo Life already answered the question about PM's (or DM's)
It was brought up in the Ideas for the Site Forum, and here's what Tasuki said about it.

Tasuki wrote:

@Tyranexx I know in the past that's why there isn't a PM system. Ant has said main times that a PM system can be more trouble then it's worth, and I can understand his thoughts on that. I can't even tell you how many nasty messages I have gotten on PSN or Xbox Live PM and it could be seeing as cyberbullying.

If you want to see the rest of the message (or the rest of the messages regarding why PM's aren't a thing on N Nintendo Life, please go here.

@WoomyNNYes
Pretty sure that I've seen Octane around on Nintendo Life within the last week or so.

@ThanosReXXX
You might just want to ask antdickens as to why it was removed all of a sudden. 🤔

EDIT: Changed the first part to make the answer less confusing.

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

rjejr

@ThanosReXXX I can't say that I remember you disliking Netflix. Now, if you bought a PS5, then yeah, I'd be dumbfounded. And I didn't need to read your post to know that.Could be something you discussed w/ NES, I get his and my comments confused some times. 😁

We haven't had NF in awhile now, 2 years maybe? Hard to keep track of time w/ this stupid pandemic. Last things we watched were the Marvel shows, Punisher and Jessica Jones. And the anime Godzilla trilogy, which was strange, can't recommend. My only recommendation would be Lilyhammer. Kind of fits your situation. It's 3 or 4 short seasons so it's bingeable. Enjoy whatever you watch. Happy New Year. I've never been so happy to see a year go. And it was a relatively good year for us.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Aw... Too bad. 😕
Well, i used to be very negative with PS3 and PS4 for lack of kiddie games that suitable for me and that was before i have interest with Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper and Minecraft style games from Portal Knights and Dragon Quest Builders 2.
But now i have 20 PS3 games and 15 PS4 games after i expanded my games library with something new yet still appropriate for kids and teenager.

Also, i have expanded my games library by XBOX and XBOX 360 games if you saw my 2 photos from previous page. 😉
But, i will only take 4 DDR Ultramix games for XBOX and 16 XBOX 360 games (4 Non Kinect games + 12 Kinect games) after long deliberation and i decided only 20 XBOX games altogether will be mine. 20 games are still quite a lot collection.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Oh cool! That sounds cute, enjoy wearing it. Peach is one of my favorite characters too. I still have my Mario winter sweater from last year. Some of my presents came in Mario-themed wrapping paper too, so that was nice. Good job on making it through chapter 1 - I heard the first Fire Emblem is insanely tough!

@Anti-Matter Yeah I heard the Series X does the same thing too. It does kinda look like a mini fridge too, lol.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

ThanosReXXX

@SM3DASislit Thanks, but I don't need to ask, I was just mirroring/answering your question about the matter. I'm good either way: emoji bar or no emoji bar. It would be more convenient, but I'm already used to it by now. Private messaging however, is another thing altogether.

P.S.

If you think you know the answer to a question, just give it already. Don't make people read dozens of pages of possibly related threads...

@rjejr I may not have pointed at Netflix specifically in discussions with you (I have indeed in talks with NES), but in general, you should by now know of my dislike of all-digital, fully disposable media. And in the case of Netflix, I still don't like their "watch it now or it's gone forever" approach. I prefer to watch what I want to, and when I want to, not when a service allows me to, and forced binging is an even worse offender. This in large part is what still keeps me busy downloading stuff myself, seeing as that's usually the only way to allow me to watch series my way...

Anyway, I've seen enough new stuff on there to keep me interested for at least a while, but as mentioned in my previous comment, I primarily took a subscription to provide my old man with some free extra entertainment, seeing as I'm the one paying for it.

@Anti-Matter Oh, you really have no idea. My troubles with Sony go FAR beyond the silly matter of games that may or may not be appropriate to play. That to me would be the most childish reason for not supporting or buying a certain platform. No, Sony has literally screwed me over three times, and the last time they did, it really hurt my wallet, making me lose money, so as the old saying goes: "three strikes, you're out". Sony is completely out of the question for me, and they're never going to come back.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature Apparently because it would open up the proverbial can of worms in the sense that monitoring it would become too much of a hassle for the site admins. I can both understand and still not agree with the merits of that supposed reason, seeing as all other sites that I frequent, some even decidedly less professional, do actually offer this functionality, so personally, I find it rather stupid that it's missing on here, regardless of any "good" reason or not.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Thanks, actually had it on today since it was cold. That sweater and wrapping paper sounds cool. Didn't have Mario themed wrapping paper, I did have Mario, Peach, and Yoshi ornaments on the tree this year. Mario and Peach were from last year, the Yoshi one was new this year.

Thanks, I completed chapter 2 as well. It is tough, I think I lost one unit during chapter 2, so hoping for the best whenever I continue. I notice I need to play it when I have more time than needed to think things out.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

ThanosReXXX

@NintendoByNature True enough. If they don't want to implement it, then I guess we'll have to make do with what we got, and use the old "post temporary reply in old thread that nobody uses anymore" method to have private discussions. A bit of a shoestring/makeshift solution, but it's all we got, then.

Anti-Matter

LOL
I'm playing Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time on Nintendo Switch.
Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 There were Nintendo-related VHS tapes? I apparently missed out on those lol. If they're on YouTube, I'll have to track them down! At the very least, they might remind me of some old commercials.

Sounds like your haul was similar to mine, though I haven't watched the MHA anime outside of a few clips here and there. It seems to follow the manga pretty well from what I've seen or read, so I'm content to consume my hero action in printed form. I get in enough screen time already.

I very nearly picked up Fire Emblem Three Houses from Walmart since it was marked down to $30, but I've banned myself from buying RPGs for a few months. I have more than enough to play in that department, especially some longer ones, so I think FE can wait a bit longer. XD

@Sunsy I played Hyrule Warriors on the Wii U, though I'd recommend getting the Switch version for the simple facts that you 1. already have a Switch, and 2. there's more content available. It really is an excellent game, full of various nods to different characters, items, and games in the series. It contains a small handful of original characters as well.

@SM3DASislit Normally Christmas Day is pretty nuts for me, so it's a miracle if I fit in some actual gaming besides a few minutes of something on my phone. XD

Hah, busy for awhile? If I could take off work for a year and still throttle my game purchases like I have been, I still wouldn't work through my whole backlog. Though I'd certainly make a dent! I like RPGs too much.....

@ThanosReXXX Most of the clothes ranged from cool to somewhat decent, but there's this one glitzy sweater that....Well, I don't HATE it, but I'm not sure I'll wear it often (if at all....). It fits, and I already pulled the "It's fine" dialogue, so I'm stuck with it for now. XD

I like giving gifts and watching the reactions of others in general, but kids are definitely better lol. Plus, I much prefer buying toys and books (though I will get them something more practical, like socks if it's within the upper monetary limit of said gathering) over more mundane adult things, or things I'm not interested in. As a rule, I also don't buy my parents food; my dad showers my mom with more than enough chocolate that she needs help eating, and dad....Well, let's just say he eats more enough junk food he shouldn't, and I don't want to encourage his questionable habits further lol.

Looks as though you had a pleasant Christmas, all things considered, especially with your dad. I have yet to subscribe to Netflix, though I feel it's only a matter of time. I fully support watching Grimm, by the way; I finally picked up the sixth and final season on DVD somewhat recently. I wish I shared more interests with my family in the movie department; we can usually agree on a comedy as long as I feel it's decent and doesn't heap on the romance too much, or a war drama, but I'm the odd one out when it comes to watching sci-fi, fantasy, superhero movies, and especially anything animated regardless of the intended audience. Particularly when it comes to my picky father. I'm still sour about wasting two hours of my life during a 4th of July weekend a few years ago. Out of MANY better movies in theaters, we ended up watching Adam Sandler's That's My Boy. I enjoy some of Sandler's work, but many of his more recent offerings have ranged from meh to just plain bad.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Sunsy

@Tyranexx Alright, thanks for letting me know. Next time I boot up the Switch eShop, I'll be sure to add it to my wishlist to remind me (I always check it during sales). Always wanted to play it, just never got around to it. I think the original might still be sitting on the Wii U eShop wishlist after all these years.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

MPSSislit

@ThanosReXXX
Okay hopefully, we'll have one sooner rather than later. Yeah, I definitely feel like allowing PM's would be opening "Pandora's Box" (in a way).
Okay, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for letting me know that.
I've updated mt earlier with a quote with what one of the messages said, regarding PM's.

@Tyranexx
Yeah, Christmas (and this time of year in general) is usually pretty crazy for people.
Seriously?! 🤯
Untitled
DANG, sounds like you need a backloginator. 🤔

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

jedgamesguy

@Tyranexx Blasphemy! How could you pass on an RPG?! Especially Three Houses! I'm not a FE fan by any means but I found it a very enjoyable and rewarding experience. Understand your reasoning, but don't throw it off your list! When buying games I do the opposite, and try to actively look for RPGs, while keeping some variety with the games I buy. No doubt our situations differ, as do our amounts of free time though. And for me, I don't buy a game and backlog it, instead I just try and play it, then I'll get burnt out, then come back after a month or two. I'm a fan of instant gratification when it comes to buying games...

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

BruceCM

If I'd given anyone a present & they were like 'it's fine', I'd be thinking they didn't like it, @Tyranexx .... Like almost any time those 2 words are used seem to be when it definitely isn't!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ThanosReXXX

@Tyranexx Haha, I feel you. Yesterday, I still felt some remains of the Christmas spirit, and in honor of that,
I decided to watch "Surviving Christmas" which aired on Comedy Central. It starred Ben Affleck and Christina Applegate. But boy, was it a BAD movie, even for a comedy. Unfortunately, I'm always committed to my choices, and as such, I watched the entire thing, hoping it would become a bit better as it progressed.
I had a few laughs and smirks, but it did NOT get any better, so ultimately, I had to remedy all that by watching some stuff on Netflix again. Yeah, that service is already getting under my skin, which only goes to show you how convenient and addictive it is. You better think twice before you join the ranks...

Nah, just kidding. It's great and always having something to watch, even if normal TV seasons are meager or slow is nice.

Don't know what it costs over there, but here, it's €13,95 a month for a premium membership, with all the bells and whistles (including highest video quality, obviously), but with what's on offer, and the option to share that subscription between 4 or 5 people in total, it's definitely worth the money.

@SM3DASislit Yeah, I saw that. I was a bit quick to judge you there, because the links you placed put me directly on the page where the answers were, so my bad.

On a side note: considering your reply to @Tyranexx, I'd better not elaborate on my own (multi-console AND handheld) back log. That would probably land you into a catatonic stupor...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Anti-Matter

4 hours to go 1 January 2021.
While waiting the New Year Eve, i'm playing Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time PS3 until 11 pm then i will continue playing Animal Crossing New Horizons to wait the countdown of New Year Eve with my villagers.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@ThanosReXXX
Yo, what is your plan to celebrate New Year Eve during pandemic ? 😀
I heard you have really bad financial situation.
What was happened and how was your current situation now ?

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic