Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 45,981 to 46,000 of 96,481

NintendoByNature

@ogo79 i figured thats what it was. Dude I laughed so hard at that thread when I read part of it the other day. Someone explaining why moisture is a bad thing
to you when all you wanted some some grain ideas for the kitchen. Its a sad state of affairs when there's a bandit loose skidding all over porcelain. So I feel for ya. He should be ashamed.

NintendoByNature

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy That's cool. I did watch a lot of Pokemon episodes way back when I was a kid (first season, at least), but surprisingly enough I had a hard time getting into the games. It's odd, I know. Maybe part of the reason was that I never played an RPG prior to playing Pokemon Red. I'm not a big Pokemon guy myself, but my brother is a huge fan.

That's cool you beat Yoshi's Cookie. Did you make enough for everyone here at Nintendo Life?

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

HobbitGamer

I'm surprised more that no one else seems to wonder exactly where these 'sugar cannons' were located...

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

Sweet, sweet weekend. How I love thee.

HobbitGamer wrote:

I'm surprised more that no one else seems to wonder exactly where these 'sugar cannons' were located...

The deep, deep reaches of hammerspace. Available at my beck and call when I so choose. Marvel's Thanos has nothing on me.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

My PlayStation games shelf after some makeover due to more games added.
Untitled

Untitled

I placed PS2, PS4 and PSP in the same room while PS3 and PS1 in the other room.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Eel

That randomly reminded me of the time we went to a tailor to have my graduation suit made, and the workshop walls were covered in body builder pictures.

Most of which were actually of the tailor himself.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@Anti-Matter What are all the Japanese imports? I haven't heard of most of those.

Also Hannah Montana... Miley Cyrus...eeww.. My achy brakey heart.,..

NEStalgia

Cotillion

@Wavey84 I agree on the stereoscopic 3D.
I can see why the other stuff kinda got left behind. VR needs extra gear and set up. Wii Motion was niche and developers couldn't easily port games with major reworking.
Stereoscopic 3D though....needed nothing. You didn't need to wear anything, buy anything extra, it just worked as is and that was great. I had really hoped Switch was going to have it (as an option, like it was on the 3DS for those who couldn't stomach it).

Cotillion

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 I use to watch the anime almost everyday before school. I also remember wearing Pokemon shirts just about every day at the time. XD

Yeah, I didn't expect to beat it. Yes, there's plenty of Yoshi's cookies to go around, like 100 levels worth. Also, the game gave me a code to unlock bonus expert levels that replaced the cookies with goombas, mushrooms, boos, shells, and other Mario enemies.

Yoshi's Cookie needs to appear on either the SNES or NES online app (there was a version of both). Underrated puzzle game IMO.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

porto

@NEStalgia There's Anti for you (No offense buddy, I don't give a crap about what games you play)

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Heavyarms55

Been watching the kid and helping him with his learn from home stuff for the last couple weeks and man, this system sucks. At first all the kids were at home, and the teacher just struck me as unprepared. It seemed heavily like she did not test any of her systems. I was a teacher, you can't not do that. Things go wrong even when you do, but when you check them, you know how to fix issues...

But then this last week they switched to a hybrid system, where parents who are... [rude opinion withheld] can send their kids into class and the rest can still learn from home - but it's still just the one teacher. So she either ignores the classroom to deal with the online students, or ignores the online kids to deal with the classroom. You can probably guess that the online kids are getting the shaft for teaching. So I can teach the kid since I'm sitting home unemployed anyway, but at this point I am just home schooling him and he isn't even my kid.

But I can hear what she's telling the kids in class. She lets them all take off their masks all the time. Let's them play tag. They all take their masks off for lunch too.

My life is messed up right now, but America is messed up beyond anything I remember in my lifetime. Coming back here, with the virus, the political cancer, the wild weather, the fires... good lord, the fires! I'm not even in the states getting it the most, but here in Arizona, enough smoke is blowing over that the sky is overcast!

I heard today that something like 10% of Oregon had to evacuate because of the fires, and in California they have had an area the size of Delaware burn.

Then we had that freakish weather all over the country earlier this week, with freak snow storms in Colorado, sudden drops in temperature, hurricane force winds...

The hell even is 2020? What is the world right now.

The child in me is still like "Well, at least we got Animal Crossing, Pokemon DLC and Mario 3D All Stars this year!" ...

@Sunsy @MarioLover92 I grew up watching Pokemon so much. But after a while it just got to be too much and I fell too far behind to keep up. I've often toyed with the idea of going back and trying to revisit the parts that I know many people enjoyed, like 4th and 6th gen. But it's just too much. It's the same issue I have with Detective Conan/Case Closed and One Piece. They're just too massive. If I wanted to get into them, I'd have to cut so much else out of my life and it would still take years to months to get up to date.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Sunsy

@Heavyarms55 It surprises me how many episodes those two anime have. For me, I watched Pokemon at least partially through the Johto series. After that, I started watching other cartoons, like Jimmy Neutron. I still did play the games though. I had Fire Red until I lost it, and I still have Emerald and will play it from time to time.

After getting Blue version on the 3DS Virtual Console, I got back into Pokemon and got Pokken Tournament, revisited the Kanto anime, and watched some of XY to see what the series was like then. I think XY made Fennekin one of my favorites.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Heavyarms55

@Sunsy The shows are just on-going forever because there are always more kids. One Piece might, someday, actually end. Same with Conan. Because both authors have stated such - but I seriously doubt it. So long as they remain popular among kids. But Pokemon starts over. Yes, there is some degree of continuity but there is no real passage of time, characters change over an arc, but every time Ash goes to a new region, he effectively reverts back. Even though he has won a few big tournaments at this point and Pikachu has been level 100 since like, gen 2. It's still fun to watch, but Pokemon is closer to Spongebog or The Simpsons than something like Gundam or Attack on Titan. It's just gonna keep going so long as people are watching. It doesn't mean they haven't had some cool arcs and awesome battles over the years. Some isolated episodes I've watched were real cool. Ash VS Paul comes to mind. And there was a time when Ash faced a dude with a Latios and Pikachu riding on it's back trying to thunderbolt it into submission, only to face a freaking Darkrai afterword! But at this point I can only watch episodes here and there. I just don't have the time to watch more.

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 I'm kinda with you. Most of the episodes I've seen were from the first season, when Red and Blue first came out. I've seen a good amount of episodes from the early 2000s too, but that's where I stopped. I was kind of surprised to see that they keep making episodes to this day too. My goodness...there's like a bajillion of them.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 Pokemon actually makes most of their money from the merchandise. The anime, trading card game, toys, stuffed animals, etc. The games act as a seed crystal for new stuff to sell in the end. lol

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 Wow, even more so than the main series games? That's surprising, I thought those would be the biggest money makers. My brother (who was and still is HUGE into Pokemon) had plenty of all those too, so I guess that makes sense. XD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic