Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 45,801 to 45,820 of 96,588

Sunsy

@BabyYoshi12 Nintendo droppin' this before I even had a chance to make breakfast this morning!

I'm so happy with the re-release of Super Mario 3D World. I only own a download copy on Wii U due to being snowed in on MAR10 day a couple years back, so finally looking forward to owning a physical copy.

Already downloaded Super Mario All-Stars to the SNES Online app, and excited for the 3D collection. As for Super Mario Bros. 35... where we droppin' boys?

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Eel

Sigh, of course the new physical My Nintendo rewards are not available in my country.

Because, why would I even think they would.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

1UP_MARIO

@Eel what’s the new physical my Nintendo reward. I’m curious

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

1UP_MARIO

@Eel I like that. Too bad it’s not available in my region

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

porto

@BabyYoshi12 If it came out when there was no direct drought I would have thought it was bad. It's the only one for over a year that was remotely close to 20 minutes so I'm very grateful.

I didn't care much for the older stuff, but the 3D Allstars and 3D world caught my attention. I'm on the fence about 3D World though, I'll have to see what Bowser's Fury is before buying. Definitely getting 3D Allstars though.

That Mario Kart thing was trash tho.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes
  • Sigh *
    My micro sd card died in my phone. What a pain. Lost pictures, have to find the music & podcasts I had on it. Booo!
    I blame everyone above. Especially that unhelpful one. YOU know who I'm talking about 🤪(I'm just making stuff up)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Heavyarms55

So how have people been? My life has been... different. I've been watching my cousin's kid and sitting with him while he does his learn from home stuff and resisting the urge to make sarcastic and rude comments about America constantly. He's a good kid, I like that I can do something vaguely productive while I sit here unemployed and culture shocked. I'm still not really adjusting well to being back in the states.

I am glad I can help the kid, I can see that about half his classmates are sitting a home, in 4th grade, either totally home alone, or with no one in the same room as them, so they aren't doing their school work at all and the teacher is frustrated because there's nothing she can do. But she shouldn't get frustrated with the kids who are doing what they are supposed to. And he can't see his friends, his mom is at work and he doesn't seem to get along with his father at all. His grandparents, my aunt and uncle, are great with him, but they are both working during school hours too. And I am glad he is able to stay home, his newborn brother was a premature birth by a lot, so when the kid is able to come home from the hospital, they are still not going to be able to have guests or friends come over. (Prematurely born children apparently have weakened immune systems for months to years after birth)

Other than that, the Nintendo Direct was a pleasant surprise! I will be getting 3D All Stars day 1! I like the Mario Kart idea, but I feel it kind of has the same problem Ring Fit has, but even worse. Both games demand access to a fairly decent sized room, and that room needs to have a good amount of open space. But the Mario Kart toy even needs that room to not be carpeted. I'd be shocked if the car will work well on carpet or outside. Not with those little wheels.

I'm really hoping that with next year's Pokemon and Zelda anniversaries that we get similar treatments for the franchises. I'd love some classic Zelda and Pokemon collections. But they must be planning something, it's the 35th and 25th for the two respectively. Big years for both.

I doubt we'd get a Pokemon All Stars collection. But there's a lot of rumors floating around about what Pokemon might be planning. From just Diamond and Pearl remakes that we've all been predicting since ORAS, to a radical shift from Game Freak, taking Pokemon toward the "games as a service" model and pretty much everything in between. Personally I like aDrive's totally unfonded theory that the SW/SH DLC is directly setting up a D/P "remake/reimagining" His theory is that the new Regis will lead to a new Gigantamax Regigas - one of the D/P legendary Pokemon, and that they'll use that to tie into a return to Sinnoh using an updated version of SW/SH's engine which they've been tweaking more and more with each DLC - and there's a rumor going that SW/SH will have a surprise 3rd DLC too.

For Zelda, since we already know BOTW2 is a thing, I suspect we'll just see those HD ports from Wii U, come to Switch, maybe alongside a Skyward Sword HD port as well.

@WoomyNNYes SAFE! Glad I commented after you!

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 I've been all right, just taking a chill pill. Just waiting until I get someone to tutor. lol

I'm pretty happy with the Mario direct too, they have a lot of cool stuff planned out. I'm also getting 3D All-Stars when it comes out - I have that on preorder. Bowser's Fury for SM3DW looks pretty interesting, I can't wait to know more about it. SMB 35, the upcoming Splatfest, and even the Game & Watch look pretty sweet too. I'm also excited for the Mario-themed items for New Horizons. My only beef is that a couple of the games in the direct are just on shelves for a limited time. But overall, this is one of the better directs in recent memory IMO. Then again, I am a massive Mario fan. XD

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 Yeah, the limited time thing is baffling. Why do that?

And the items in ACNH could be pretty cool.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

WoomyNNYes

@Heavyarms55 I'm doing ok. I pre-ordered Mario 3D All-Stars this morning at Best Buy (since best buy rewards throw a $5 off coupon here and there, which is used for future games). I'm really pumped for Mario Sunshine on the Switch. Mario Galaxy reminds me of my ex, so I don't know if I will be able to get into it. Maybe I don't like the little planet levels. I don't know.

I helped pack vegetables at my friends farm today. My friend runs a farm for the state's Nature Society Conservancy. I'm not into farming, but it's a nice place, so why not. They used to sell their veggies in bins, but now but for covid they pre-pack 150 individual bins for curbside pickup.

My nieces school wlll be opening two weeks late, so they haven't started yet. Actually, they had summer homework to do. So, they had math and stuff to do when they visited here last week. But they will be doing online learning when their school starts.

Anyway, instead of playing something tonight, I've been slogging through the comptuer and trying to rebuild my music & podcast selection since my phone's micro sd card die — It was a 32GB Sandisk UHS-I. Now I'm using a 128 UHS-3 Samsung card I originally used for my switch. It'll be nice to have a faster card in the phone for scrolling through pictures.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 Yeah absolutely, I've always wanted them since New Horizons came out! By the time next March comes around I'll finally get a chance to give my island that Mario flair. (in Mario's voice) Wahoo!

I could see Nintendo doing the same thing for Zelda, as well. Maybe Pokemon too.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

WoomyNNYes

Ahh, eShop easter egg/change. After you've looked at Mario 3D Allstars or Mario 3D World on eshop, when you go to load pages for other games, the loading icon at the middle of the screen is a running 3d Mario (mario 64 style mario). It only works a few times, then it goes away. But if you look at one of hte new mario eshop games, it comes back.

Edit: It ALMOST makes up for one year without a proper Direct. 🤪

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

Meanwhile, i still frustrated to find Shooting Stars date + Celeste spamming on ACNH for months March, August, September, December 2020. 😩
I have collected some Zodiac DIY recipes (Capricorn, Aquarius, Aries, Gemini, Cancer, Libra, Scorpio)
I will keep doing Time Travel to farm Celeste Zodiac DIY recipes.

Anti-Matter

porto

Was on the eshop tonight and Jesus Christ it is awful. Hadn’t been on it in forever, and came back to this? I like the new upgrades and all, but it is just so freakin’ slow. Takes forever to refresh, and such a chore to move around. I miss the Wii eshop honestly.

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

Heavyarms55

@MarioLover92 I hope so. I was hoping we'd see not only similar Amiibo support for ACNH that we had in ACNL, but even more. Even if it was only one item per Amiibo.

I'm trying to use all this Mario hype to lure my cousin's kid away from Fortnite a bit. lol

I laugh but also, I know he's been getting his mom, grandparents, dad, step dad, possibly step mom, and who knows who else, to get him V-bucks. I shudder to think of how much money that game has milked from children's families.

I don't hate Fortnite, I actually have a lot of respect for it. All the crossovers with DC, Marvel, Star Wars, Stranger things, etc etc. But the way they make money from it, makes me sick.

@WoomyNNYes Wow. I would be scared to live near a political figure like that. Regardless of party or politics, anyone that high up the food chain is a target.

Virtual learning is far from ideal, but it's safer than the alternative right now. I hope someone in your family can sit with them and help them out, it's really important.

What happened with your card. I've never heard of one just dying outright. I've heard of the data getting corrupted and the card needing to be reformatted, but unless a card was physically damaged, I've never heard of them dying.

MarioVillager92

@Heavyarms55 Ah that's good you're trying, lol. I never played Fortnite but I don't think it would appeal to me much. Never was a big fan of shooters personally. (I like Splatoon though, that game's pretty fun.) And yeah, you gotta love those microtransactions...I'd rather buy a game and be done with it. Maybe an expansion pack too if it's worth it.

BabyYoda71

@Apportal Yeah, I have 3D World, so I’ll need to find out what Bowser’s Fury is too. The Mario Kart looks interesting, and I’ll buy it if it’s cheap, which it likely won’t be.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic