Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 45,761 to 45,780 of 96,323

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy I love that level too, it's probably the most memorable one for me as well. Mario will always be my favorite character, but I like playing as Peach as well! I tend to pick either Mario, Peach, or Rosalina when I play Mario Kart or Mario Party. Really like how Peach can float in SMB2 and SM3DW, as well.

@Blackbird789 No, it's 19.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Heavyarms55

@Zuljaras Yes, I am not bashing the effectiveness. They are, admittedly getting a lot better, capitalizing on Nintendo's reluctance to provide a legal alternative. Some of them even come out of the box now, with several thousand games pre-loaded. Because apparently no one is enforcing those rules any more.

It's a slippery slope, Nintendo doesn't provide a legal way to purchase this legacy content, pirates step in and fill the void, no one stops them from doing it, and then the saturation of piracy and piracy consoles discourages Nintendo from releasing that legacy content because you can't compete with free.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Tyranexx

@MarioLover92 Thanks for the warning. Here's to hoping it doesn't have too many cheap deaths; that's something that drives me crazy in older platformers. I will be abusing restore points a bit, but only between levels.

@Sunsy Thanks! As mentioned previously, I've played the original game almost to death, but you're one up on me as I haven't played DK 64 either. I've heard that one is pretty decent overall, but I'm kinda on the fence about it since I've heard it's quite a collect-a-thon.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

WoomyNNYes

Everyone on TV has seems to have built-in bookshelf walls. If you don't have bookshelf wall = you succ🤪🤪

Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

My bookshelf slowly turned into games shelf.
And it facing forward beside my bed.

Anti-Matter

WoomyNNYes

@Eel @Anti-Matter I don't know if it counts. Maybe. For here it counts

Since reading books is a painful chore for me, I don't have a book shelf, only Astronomy and Car & Driver magazines. And if I'm not playing games, I keep my Switch & games in a drawer (put the switch dock behind the tv). Which, I guess means, I have something to hide, or I don't like clutter, and I'm a future criminal, maybe🤪

I wish I could read books for fun, but it's just too much of a struggle. I can't stay absorbed. And I've never been able to read fast. I mean, I got through reading books every other week for a semester when it was assigned at college for literature class, but it was really rough.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

ogo79

books?
bunch of dorks.
wait.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

WoomyNNYes

Dammit. Everyone here is such a nerd, except me! *guilty shifty eyes *
*adds Spongebob to switch wish list *
(Funny comment, @ogo79)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

ogo79

@Eel
i read all 4 of those doom books when i was young.
i think i was like 14 or something.
now im 40.
im still young.
@WoomyNNYes
i read all of these too
i think i was like 14 or something.
now im 40.
im still young.
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Zuljaras

@ogo79 I am still reading my Harry Potter and Percy Jackson. I am also looking into reading them in English.

There is something about those books that is so captivating.

But the best book I have read has to be Bram Stoker's Dracula the original English version. That is some quality stuff right there!

ogo79

@Zuljaras
ive been thinking about a lot of old books i read as a kid
Untitled
Untitled

the_shpydar wrote:

Zuljaras

@ogo79 Ooooh that is the creator of Goosebumps.

Unfortunately I never had the chance of reading spooky stuff as a kid. The literature I was exposed to was national stuff connected to my countries history. Boring stuff

ogo79

@Zuljaras
yeah rl stine was the man

the_shpydar wrote:

Anti-Matter

I have a lot of Doraemon Adventure comic books.
One of the book i have was about Nobita and Anthromorphic Birds.
It gave me idea to create my own Avian Kickboxers.
I have to research the bird species, which bird i will draw into Chibi Anthro Avian and how old are they.
Untitled

A little bit spoiler from me about my Avian Kickboxers. The birds i chose were:
1. Dove
2. Crow
3. Swallow
4. Blue Jay
5. Red Cardinal
6. Woodpecker
7. Duck
8. Blue Macaw
9. Owl
10. Red Crown Crane
11. Albatross
12. Eagle

Some info about them.
Dove, Crow, Swallow, Blue Jay and Red Cardinal are Senior High School students.
Woodpecker, Duck and Blue Macaw are young adult around 20 - 25 years old. Woodpecker is a solitary young craftsman who lives alone in the forest, Duck is a college student and Blue Parrot is a younger brother of Red Macaw (older brother) as his manager.
Owl, Red Crown Crane, Albatross and Eagle are Legend 4 of Avian Kickboxers.
They have part time job as Avian Kickboxing coach for Junior and Senior High School students at some schools.
Eagle trains Dove and Crow.
Red Crown Crane trains Swallow.
Albatross trains Blue Jay and Red Cardinal.
Owl trains Duck.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

RR529

I used to read a crap ton in middle & high school, but it's rare for me today. I used to love the Redwall & Inheritance series (pictured below), but also enjoyed the occasional Tom Clancy title, and there were a few other "young adult" series I've read but mostly forgotten.

Untitled
Untitled

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tyranexx

I'd like to read The Inheritance Cycle at some point. I enjoy high fantasy and have heard some really enjoy the series. Some others seem to think it's pretty derivative though. Depends on who I ask.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

I saw these beautiful flowers in the morning at my garden.
Untitled

Untitled

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic