Harvest Moon Magical Melody
The Sims Bustin' Out
Kao the Kangaroo Round 2

(Saw TTYD) 😲
Gimme one !

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@NEStalgia And now all of the kids are going to catch it in school and transmit it back to their parents. I'm glad my sister homeschools your son. People have to be nuts to act like anything is normal right now.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Heavyarms55

Man, I was so incredibly spoiled living in Japan. I took things like good tap water for granted. I've mentioned this place pumps the water in from hundreds of miles away, but they must do it through limestone pipes. There are so many minerals in the water that it killed my humidifier less than 2 weeks after I got it, and if you make ice with it, it turns solid white. #Arizona

You know what else? You know what exists that I didn't know existed? Sand lightning storms. Like thunderstorms, only instead of rain with the thunder and lightning, it's sand, blowing at 30-50mph. It was literally like something out of a video game, it was terrifying. Thankfully, I was almost home already and I wasn't an hour away or something. I've gone through typhoons with far stronger wind, but that's still air you can breath, and water in your eyes is pleasant if the alternative is sand!

@Wavey84 You post your opinion online you're gonna have people who are and or disagree. Welcome to the internet. People disagreeing with you isn't getting defensive or irritated. Though I didn't read other people's replies to you, so it's entirely possible you did run into those sorts. Lord knows I do often enough. Anyway sales don't determine how much anyone has fun with any given game, but they do reflect commercial success. And games don't sell millions upon millions of copies if the majority of people aren't enjoying them. And games that sell like crap are still oftentimes enjoyed by many of the people who got them, but are still commercial failures. Fun doesn't correlate with sales. But sales are what determine if a game is successful. They are the only measurable metric. Fun is relative, it's just an opinion. Literally millions of people around the world like golf, but I find it insufferably boring. Are they right and me wrong? Am I right and all of them wrong? No, we have different opinions, that's it.

As for being a loyal fanboy, being a blind fanboy is silly. Acting like your preferred company can do no wrong is absolutely ridiculous. But having a preference is totally normal. I love Nintendo and will, more than 9 times out of 10, choose to play a game on Switch over my brand new 2000 dollar gaming PC if I have the option. But not always, because there are some games that are on Switch but the ports just aren't really functional. Most notably for me is Civilization 6, which crashes repeatedly in the late game. But I will call out Nintendo on the things they do poorly as well, such as battery life, online functionality and legacy content. And wireless headphone support without a dongle. And themes, or hell, just different colors besides light and dark...

And as for things like VC and legacy content, a lot of people I have spoken to share this opinion with me. It's not just that games aren't on the latest console, it's that they aren't on the Switch. One of the first things I thought when the Switch was first revealed was how amazing it would be to have all the legacy support, previously split between Wii, Wii U, and 3DS, come to one device that's both console and handheld. Then I can just pack away all the old hardware and don't need to dig out my Gamecube or GBA if I want to play an old game. I don't need to deal with converting analog to something a modern TV can use. Or worse, RF. And then that never happened. Nintendo, which had a precedent established for VC picked the best possible platform for VC to not support the service.

And as for the excitement, why shouldn't people get excited for games they want to play?

@NEStalgia Gosh darn it, I think you're right!

@Eel Not sure if you replied but thank NEStalgia for telling me you just don't tag people. He answered for you.

@Zuljaras The one? Dude these things are a dime a dozen. There's a new piracy box on the market like every month. But it is looking more and more appealing as Nintendo refuses to update NSO or bring back VC...

I'm the weirdo who would immediately rebuy all the VC titles on Wii U and 3DS that I had, and more, to have them on Switch, a platform I like even more than I did 3DS. But it's like Nintendo wants me to just pirate them instead. :/

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 Personally, I don't mind both. Having physical and digital games. Similarly, I tend to buy all the Sonic series games physically, though like you I originally bought Sonic Mania on PC. Got it during that time I didn't own a Switch, but still had Wii U (I still have it and still use it). I loved the Genesis flip cover. I did update the PC one to Plus, when the DLC was on sale.

Will say, I did buy Super Mario 3D World on a MAR10 Day when I was snowed in and wanted a new Mario game. So I have it downloaded to my Wii U.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

NEStalgia

@Ralizah no no, it's fine, they're following the recommended guidelines so it'll be fine. Some people might get it, but it'll be someone else. There's not that many cases in the state.... So theres nothing to worry about!

Seriously, at least here nothing seems less than totally normal other then reduced capacity restaurants. People think I'm some kind of freak not being comfortable going anywhere public. I think the mindset here is "that was springtime, they controlled it now"

Also, does something smell.... Fishy?

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@Ralizah Kids? I'm in one of the top six hotspots in the country now, and the large influx is due to the college, not even the local school districts. So it's actually back to the fact that, at least here, college age adults aren't taking it seriously and college itself wants money.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

WoomyNNYes

Guess there's maintenance going on. I haven't been able to access North American eShop on Switch for the past 30 minutes 7:15-7:45pm eastern US

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Oh that's cool, I really dig the reversible cover too. Looks like a legit Genesis cover from the mid 90s, red spine and everything. That was a nice bonus for the diehard Sega fans.

I love Super Mario 3D World, that one's one of my favorite Mario games. Really like the levels, power-ups, and the multiple playable characters. I like that Peach is playable too

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

kkslider5552000

NEStalgia wrote:

People think I'm some kind of freak not being comfortable going anywhere public.

I mean, you are a freak not comfortable going anywhere public, but that's just the normal experience of being a regular on an internet forum anyway so whatever. You get used to it.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

ogo79

Wavey84 wrote:

@ogo79
I'm in Canada. Terrance & Phillip would be so proud.
"Dont mess with Canada...We'll dry up and blow away" (referencing our flag. ahem)

In all honesty, i have very little interest in politics these days. I'd rather listen to George Carlin Comedy reruns

george carlin has been my favorite comedian since i was 13 years old.
not long ago ive actually seen a few comedians steal his jokes.
i know yer in canada, im considering moving there. i dont care for america anymore

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

ogo79

Eel wrote:

NEStalgia smells

i can back this statement up

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tyranexx

Crazy work day. Private financial place visit afterward. Too much legalese and paper signing. Brain go boom. Smoke come out of ears. Too many words. Needed game with few words. Caved and bought Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest on Wii U VC. Never played before. Happy now. 😊

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

kkslider5552000

I've been thinking lately that its been way too long since I've played DKC2. Like last time was before Returns came out I'm pretty sure.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Zuljaras

@Heavyarms55 You are right about the Chinese consoles but this one runs Nintendo 64 games at very nice speed. I saw the video where the guy tests many 64 games. And as you said Nintendo does not want to give us VC 64 games or 64 Mini so ... a pirates life for me!

Tyranexx

That last post was for comedic effect more than anything, but I was pretty mentally and physically exhausted yesterday evening. XD Unfortunately I had to bounce some of the paperwork back thanks to a typo of all things, but I should be able to finish it up later. Well...this round anyway. Why am I an adult again?

I wasn't kidding when I mentioned I've never played Donkey Kong Country 2; I had easy access to the original DKC as a kid and played it to death up to Gorilla Glacier; I could never get past that point since you couldn't 1. Backtrack until you reached Funky's Flights (the levels after the first one were really hard for me then...especially Slip Slide Ride) and 2. Candy's Save Point was also not accessible until later. There were hundreds if not well over a thousand deaths in that area lol. I've beaten the game a couple of times since, but that was only within the last few years. I've played/beaten both Returns and Tropical Freeze, but never the final two games in the Rare trilogy. I've heard 2 is objectively the best, but I also want to grab 3 in the future.

I only played the first four or five levels last night due to how late it was already, but I enjoyed what I did play.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Blackbird789

Here's a joke with a surprising answer:

What's 9 + 10?
A dead meme.

I should get a PSP. Or a GameCube. Or a GBA. Or a PS2. Or a...

MarioVillager92

@Tyranexx That's awesome, DKC2 is easily one of the best platformers ever. I have yet to beat it, but I did make a ton of progress into it. This game gets really tough, so be prepared for a challenge.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Sunsy

@MarioLover92 As someone whose brother had a Genesis, the reverse cover to Sonic Mania Plus was one of my favorite things.

Same, the Super Mario Kart inspired level still stands out in my mind. I always play as Peach when the option is there. Same with Amy. Even though I'm a guy, I just like playing as these two in games.

@Tyranexx Have fun. It's been years since I've played Donkey Kong Country 2. I think my parents rented it when I was a kid. The only Donkey Kong games I can play is the original on a SNES mini, and Donkey Kong 64 on Wii U.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic