Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 45,701 to 45,720 of 96,531

WoomyNNYes

@Apportal That's not bad. It's still warm for another month or more, depending on where you are Some pool = better than no pool.

How long does it take to construct or deconstruct? Temporary above ground pools are selling well this year, due to the covids.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

porto

@WoomyNNYes I’ve had tons of hot weather, but the pool is just insanely cold. Not really enjoyable anymore. It took my friends and I about a month to put it up, but that’s mainly due to the rain and thunder that day. Freaking rain.

I just clean and empty the water (a little bit mind you) and then put the tarp on. Not that big a process. I’ve had it for a couple years now. Worth it in my opinion.

Edited on by porto

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

WoomyNNYes

@Apportal Oh wait. Now that you say the "pool is just insanely cold". That sounds like you want to take it down. Are you building the pool to use it, or taking the pool down for the season? haha. Either answer is fine

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@Sunsy Yeah if you've seen Peach in an old-school anime form, that's likely her appearance from that movie. She had her old dress design there as well. That's a good move you made with SMT IV, saving cash just like that.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

ogo79

Apportal wrote:

Welp.

Today’s the day I put my pool up.
Good times.

aw sweet!
this means i can break out my new bathing suit.
Untitled
i play a mean game of marco polo

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

porto

I have a question for the mods here.

Why is there a time span to how many times we change our name? What’s the point of it?

porto

porto

@Wavey84 I don’t have a huge collection of physical games myself. Mostly digital cause it’s easier. I used to display the physical games for switch I had, but it just looked weird so I took it down and replaced it with Mario plushies. Great decision in hindsight

porto

porto

@Wavey84 I don’t understand whether you love or hate the designs, but I actually love the switch cartridges/case design.

Edited on by porto

porto

ogo79

Wavey84 wrote:

It doesn't help having a shrine of videogames just sitting in a room, that you walk into and stare at nearly every days for over 10 years. you lose that appreciation, and there's that inner OCD that may trigger you to constantly downsize and toss out the stuff you're unsure about it. but letting it all go, when i did, felt great.

it took at least 10 years to get the collection i had, lot of rare and obscure stuff. i nailed it too. it got to the point where i could predict certain games spiking in price. kickmaster for nes was a prime example. it went from 10 dollars to 200 dollars little by little. i watched a little samson auction and a power blade 2 auction on ebay going in an all out live bidding war. i sat back with a beer and just watched it all happen. and those were sealed games. two separate bids mind you. i noticed after winning dracula x, the price i payed literally made that price the new base price. i was just trying to get a mint copy. all that work on nailing clean copies and i got rid of them. for like 10 years id walk into my game room and start analyzing year after year a plan of doing some shrinkage. my ocd has always been pretty crazy anyways, so it definitely played a huge factor in this. i moved my collection i think, 5 or so different locations of living. and each time id think how much clutter id have to pack along. ive always been a picky gamer and was a picky collector, yet i cringe when i think how much money i spent. having games that other collectors didnt have never made me feel i was better than then. they were envious, but i always thought it was silly. silly in more ways than one. silly because they may be rare, but they are just games. and silly because i never got around to playing a nice chunk of them. one time we had a webcam chat with some people on here, and i broke out some of my collection, all for fun. some people thought the games were fake repros, until i showed them in fact, i had also a repro of said games lol. i had a plan, to play them all in the beginning.
my plan turned out to be my collection lives about 15 minutes away from me these days. small world.
i sold my collection to a reseller for the most part. one of the things that got to me about collecting was the disc rot that just always happened to be in the sega cd games. the notorious popful mail. that game has a bad reputation for getting disc rot, just like its price tag. i feel sorry for some guy who pays 400 dollars on that game to flip it over and see the horror. one time a guy handed me that game, i opened it and flipped the cd over. he was like "what are you doing? when i told him he said "i was hoping you werent gonna see that" so yep, all the games, all the knowledge, if i would have blew up a youtube channel i would have lost interest sooner or later anyways. or i could be like rgt85 and make videos just for the money. lol that guy sucks id never do that. but what i will do, is try to forget how much money i spent on it.
yall like my big a** paragraph? support me on kickstarter

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Heavyarms55

I don't like turning on ad blockers for content producers I like. For NL or YouTubers and Twitch streamers I enjoy. I'm not paying for the content after all.

But ever since moving back to this trash heap of a country, it's disgusting. I sit there watching a video about POKEMON CARDS and in a 28 minute video it breaks for ads 3 times. Okay, that's fine. But every time it goes to ad, it's POLITICS. Because I'm sure the majority of people watching Pokemon card videos are of voting age... anyway, I am, so whatever. BUT it's not just political ads, they are LIARS. I don't want to start a debate about specific sides here. But I keep seeing ads from both sides lying about each other!

Why? Why lie!? Defend your point of view, or describe why the other guy is wrong! Stop making up garbage! There's plenty of things to say about both of these disgusting old men. Real things. True things.

I hate this, and I do not want to see it when I am sitting in bed in the morning watching a video about Pokemon!

So I am sorry, I want my favorite content producers to get the ad revenue they deserve, but I can't handle this crap anymore.

If I could like, set parameters for what ads I might be interested in, I probably wouldn't mind it. It doesn't make any sense to me. I used to think that all these sites based ads on what you watched. While I lived in Japan, it seemed like that's how it worked. I watched game and anime videos, and my ads were for games and anime and generally electronics and related stuff. But not here! Here it's all political lies and slander.

Do you guys think a VPN would help? If I get one and just set my IP to mimic Japan, can I go back to ads I can tolerate?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Eel

If you're talking about YouTube, you can pay for a premium subscription that removes the ads but still gives ad money to the videos you watch.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
You seems unhappy for living in USA.
It sad to hear USA is getting worse and worse to live happily over there.
I wish you can get a job on Japan again and leave from USA to live happily.

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@Wavey84 In terms of both the quality and quantity of exclusives available, Switch is far healthier 3.5 years in than the PS4 was in a comparable period of time.

Anyway, if you really are a "graphics hound," then you should own a PC. Switch does indeed have its terrible multiplat releases, but, to a lesser extent, the same is true of PS4. CDPR had to patch the PS4 version of TW3 to hell and back to get it to run at a semi-stable 30fps. Fallout 4's Far Harbor DLC performed so terribly that they had to remove the fog from the game. And, in general, the majority of big games run at 30fps.

Switch versions of games at least offer me the freedom to play them anywhere. PS4 games offer me no such benefit, so there's literally no reason to ever play them on a PS4 versus a PC or Switch (with the rare exception where it's a game I'm excited for and it's releasing months earlier on PS4, like Ys IX).

So, if one plays their multiplats on PCs and, say, disregards most of the exclusives because they don't care for cinematic third-person action-adventure games, one can easily look at what the PS4 has to offer and say: "what is the deal with all of this Playstation 4 praising?" You dig?

I will concede that a number of the Switch first-party releases are less exciting if you were previously a Wii U owner, though. Although, and I can't stress this enough: that's not a lot of people. The Wii U absolutely flopped. Maybe 25% of the Switch's userbase previously owned a Wii U, and that percentage is only going to shrink as the system matures. For them, all of these Wii U ports are new games.

RE: HD Rumble, it's not that it hardly gets used, it's just that there's nothing hugely exciting about the feature, so people tend to ignore it over time. The enhanced rumble works well in some games, and not others. People will quickly grow to ignore the improved haptics in the PS5 controller as well.

And I'm going to have to strongly disagree on gyro being inferior to pointer controls. Gyro works well with a normal dual analog set-up, whereas pointer aiming severely restricts my ability to freely aim in a game, as my controller has to be detected by a sensor.

@Heavyarms55 I dunno, man, it sounds like it'd just be better to use an ad blocker than to get this frustrated over political commercials. Ad monetization is screwed up on youtube anyways, so a lot of creators have to supplement with patreons and whatnot.

I have to say, moving back to the States in 2020 was an interesting choice, since we're currently conducting a massive social experiment to see how much stress and mass death our society can tolerate before it crumbles entirely.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

KryptoniteKrunch

@Wavey84

"what is the deal with all of this Nintendo Switch praising? "

Well, you mostly answered you're own question with you're first few sentences.

Just seems like you're not into most of Nintendo's current offerings, which is fine. I myself got turned off by PlayStation exclusives after most of them became cinematic style games.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Heavyarms55

@Wavey84 You seem to think your personal tastes decide what's good or not and it comes off as ridiculously arrogant. Just because you don't enjoy a genre or game type, doesn't make it bad. Stores can't keep the Switch on the shelf and that's been going on since before the pandemic threw a wrench in supply chains. Clearly a lot of people really like the device. If it's not for you, that's fine. Go play something else.

@Anti-Matter Thanks, I'd like that too. Maybe some day...

@Eel dude, I miss probably 90% of your replies because you never seem to tag me. I might look into that subscription, but it's hardly limited to YouTube.

Zuljaras

@Wavey84 Well the Switch is extremely successful and it does its thing quite well

I for one do not like all Nintendo exclusives. I only like the Zelda games, Metroid and Pokemon (well not so much after their last games). But I love playing 3rd party ports on the Switch.

The hybrid aspect really made me play some games more than on my PS4 or the Xbox One.

ogo79

Anti-Matter wrote:

You seems unhappy for living in USA.
It sad to hear USA is getting worse and worse to live happily over there.

im unhappy with our country. very unhappy. theres other countries that are actually helping their people...

the_shpydar wrote:

Heavyarms55

@Wavey84 The Switch has boasted some of the most successful entries in a variety of first/second party series to date. You aren't obligated to like or dislike anything, you are entirely entitled to your own opinions. But that's all they are. The Switch and most of its big hitters have all been commercial successes. Software sells hardware, not the other way around. No one buys a Switch, PS4, or Xbone just for the hardware, with the games being an afterthought. People choose the hardware based on what games they want to play and yes, how they want to play them. The Switch has had, in 3.5 years, at least, 35 "1 million or more copies sold" games and the top 20 of which were Nintendo or a Nintendo partner produced game. With 9 titles selling more than 10 million and as of June, 2 over twenty million. (Probably 3 now, since SSB was at 19.99 million).

The Switch is a resounding success. That's just a fact. If the Switch isn't what you want, well, that's for you to decide. I don't like or want to own a Ford F-150, but I can't deny it's a success, having sold around 40 million units over the last 60 years, apparently just in the US. Whether we like or dislike something doesn't determine if it's a success.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic