Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 38,841 to 38,860 of 96,570

ThanosReXXX

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, perhaps I should have been a bit more elaborate. I meant generational as in "belonging to this generation and the times we're in", so it's a little bit of both. Like I said: morons and complainers have always been there. They were probably also already there in Medieval times, but sending a complaint to the Pope, the church or by messaging dove just didn't work all that instantly...

So, it's the combination of ever younger people (as in: getting access to technology sooner than we ever did, which gives them the access to these media) and accommodating to the faster times, or in my opinion: actually not accommodating at all, which is creating the bursts of rage and discord popping up left and right, almost faster than we're able to follow or digest, and that is actually what's part of the problem. When we see someone post a picture or a comment, we're almost compelled to respond, even if the person in question wasn't even talking to us in the first place, and most of the time, it's not really positive. We've got armchair critics, armchair politicians, armchair moms, etc. etc. I find it all really tiresome and nauseating at times.

But yeah, there are certain topics, and in games, or Nintendo games, Pokémon is definitely one of them, that are even worse than some of the already disgusting cesspools on the internet. And now indeed there's the "let's complain about Animal Crossing" craze. Have you seen my comment in that thread? In case you didn't, I did write down somewhat of a complaint, saying that Nintendo needs to get with the times, and is making things more complicated than necessary, but that's a valid concern, whereas the whole "oh, noes, I can'ts copy mah saves games" (dyslexic spelling on purpose to mimic intelligence level of posters) is just like you said: latching onto the next thing to complain about.

I even tried to pre-empt/counter that by explaining that this not being able to copy/move your AC save game has always been a thing, ever since the GameCube version, but apparently most people just ignored that, and continued to complain some more. Oh, well. What can you do, right? I've just decided to not go back in there. Glad I can't see dislikes on my own comments, because it's probably a lot...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tyranexx

I have no stake in the Animal Crossing controversy since I don't plan on getting the game for some time. Obviously a decision has been made, and nothing is going to change it.

While I do like Nintendo, one sticking point for me is the lack of local backup options, options that previous systems did have. I fully understand that they wish to circumvent cheating and so on, but there's gotta be a better way. I do also understand the concerns with some games that don't have cloud backup capabilities, particularly those that one sinks a ton of time into.

@NintendoByNature Lol, as long as there's a break in there at some point! It would definitely take a gradual buildup of patience, I think.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx my break is usually between 830-midnight if I'm lucky. That's usually when ill hop on and play some games or watch a movie with my wife. Other than that, it's mostly kids events, sports, religious ed, etc. It can be VERY tiring lol.

NintendoByNature

Eel

It certainly sucks if you can't even move the save file locally from one console to another. I really hope they reconsider that.

I mean, it's bad for us with two systems, and bad for anyone wanting to upgrade their switch at some point.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

From the first time i saw AC new Horizons trailer, i knew i will not so excited as Dragon Quest Builders 2 since AC new Horizons looked like ACNL 2.
Whatever happened to New Horizons, my impression will not more than 90% due to its game design that have a lot restrictions. If Animal Crossing Switch created with Dragon Quest Builders 2 style, i will get hyperventilating (overhyped) and probably my impression will be exceeding 100%.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Eel
I will buy AC New Horizons at Day One , whatever happened on the game.
But i realized my impression will be around 80 - 89%. As same level as ACNL 3DS.
It just okay game for me, not really OMG game as my Top 3 PS4 games.

Anti-Matter

NotTelevision

The one island per device thing is weird. Why wouldn’t there be an option to just randomly generate a unique island for every player if they want? You can just build a house or have them sail over to your island if they want to visit. Really can’t understand what Nintendo is thinking sometimes.

Edited on by NotTelevision

NotTelevision

Heavyarms55

@ThanosReXXX Yeah fair enough. That makes a lot of sense. No, I didn't see your comment, there are so many of them that I only skimmed over them and I'm sure I missed a lot of potentially interesting ones. It's not as though I think Nintendo's handling it the best, or even in a particularly good way, it's that we've got this one issue now that people don't like, and suddenly nothing else positive matters. I know that many of us had this game at the top of our wish lists even before it was confirmed there was new AC coming at all! Yet now, just like with Pokemon Sw/Sh, there's this one issue that "kills" the game for all these people? It's this unforgivable sin that taints the whole game like dropping a cyanide pill into your soup?

Naw. I don't buy any of that. I fully expect this game to come out, and, like Pokemon, sell extremely well, perhaps even the best the series has ever sold, and all the people who are throwing a fit right now to be just as wrong about AC as they were about Pokemon and honestly, probably as they will about whatever the next big "unforgivable mistake" Nintendo makes is gonna be.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Anti-Matter

Speaking of cyanide drop in the soup, i have found something like that from Wonderful 101 after i did some little research from Wikipedia and Youtube.
I changed my mind about that game and will not consider the game after i found one sin inside the game. The sin was a rated 18+ game character from other Platinum games inside Wonderful 101. And please don't mention the name to me.

Anti-Matter

bimmy-lee

@Tyranexx - Yeah, I’m just about the same way. I used to be able to listen to anything while doing computer work, but anymore, I can only zone out to all instrumental, or all spoken words (like a podcast) and get my work done. I like doing podcasts during especially mindless work because it feels like I’m absorbing information with little effort.

@ThanosReXXX - Haha, yep, I was probably over five minutes into the first reading, wondering why my friend seemed so eager for me to watch an artful video of someone reading Leaves of Grass before the light bulb finally turned on. None that I watched after we’re as exciting as that first realization. I’m sure that’s the art in it though. It would be funny to watch people’s faces as they’re watching one of those videos.

@NintendoByNature - Jeez louise, the repetition of certain things can get so overwhelming. It’s like a samurai level test of patience at times. Not just media either. My son is currently grounded from using the word “cuckoo clock”. He lost his mind with it for two weeks, it came out of his mouth every few seconds, he was trying to use it as an adjective and a verb, driving everyone crazy. Finally I had to ground him from saying it. It’s the only way, it couldn’t continue any longer. There’s no doubt my kids have already taken several months off the end of my life.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

WoomyNNYes

I heard, that like, only bad people buy Animal Crossing? And that they like bad tasting candy, and they're re not like you and me 🤔🤔
( (I'm just playing)

Do you think Animal Crossing will be a full price game? Like $60 US.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee i know about all of that, trust me. Poor guy can't even say cuckoo clock. For some reason when my little guy was a year old he was always flipping to bird to everyone. You can't stop it. You can't help it. Just sit back and see how it plays out. He did it all the time too.

NintendoByNature

MsJubilee

@Heavyarms55 Why do you care so much about the vocal minority? Do you like being disappointed or something? I can see with Pokemon S&S everywhere you go fans were getting ripped apart, and the toxicity was rampant, but AC? It's just a vocal minority on Twitter, nothing more nothing less.

This reminds me of the Masuda birthday tweet, he got dozens of "happy birthdays!" and "thanks for making a great game" tweets, but yet he targeted the one negative comment cause for some reason people can't stand one bad comment.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Heavyarms55

@MsJubilee I think you seem to have misunderstood me. I like both AC and Pokemon Sw/Sh, but like Pokemon Sw/Sh, AC seems to be the new thing for people to rage endless about.

And Masuda didn't get just a few negative tweets, he was and still is regularly threatened and called all manner of horrible things online. He has every reason to be upset and even scared. It only takes one loony who actually acts on their nonsensical outrage to commit a tragedy.

Back on topic my issue is that people are finding one issue they really dislike with the big new game and latching onto it, drowning out any positive conversation. After the Poke-dex change was announced for Sw/Sh it became nearly impossible to have a decent conversation about the game because that one issue took over all the discourse on sites like this. And now it looks like these save data limitations for AC are the new unforgivable sin.

They might be a vocal minority, but they are VERY LOUD.

@Woomy_NNYes Honestly I do tend to like some of the lesser popular candies. I love Reese's but I always liked the sticks more than the cups when the cups seemed far more popular. XD

Also yeah, I am pretty sure it will be a full priced game like any other major first party release, why wouldn't it be?

Edited on by Heavyarms55

WoomyNNYes

@Heavyarms55 I wondered about Animal Crossing's price because, its graphical world doesnt seem giant like some other Nintendo games. So, I thought maybe it wouldn't cost as much to produce. I didn't know about AnimalCrossing until 2016 when I got a 3ds, and full price 3DS games were typically $40. (even though I had gamecube, I didn't know about Animal Crossing back then either). So, I was wondering about its price.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Heavyarms55

@Woomy_NNYes Animal Crossing games are huge games with dozens of characters hundreds of interactions thousands of items, dozens of mini games etc etc. It's not really about the size of the world but all various things to do in said world. ACNH is looking likely to be the largest game in the series yet.

But in some ways it's a really hard game to explain to someone who's never played it. It's sounds really bad to describe it this way, but it's really a great form of escapism. When so much of the real world is just so nasty all the time, Animal Crossing is, for kids and adults alike, a way to escape to a happier, simpler world. I truly wish I had known about it when I was younger as the game would have helped me a lot with issues I had as a kid and teen. But finding the series in university on 3DS still was a great way to relax in between exams, job hunting and all the usual stresses of real life.

NotTelevision

@Heavyarms55 None of the absent features are a deal breaker for me. I’ll still get Animal Crossing regardless.

I understand the frustrations that some people feel though because Nintendo seems strangely non-committal to the online service they created. If they are going to allow cloud saves and transfers here but not there, it just causes confusion and issues for people who have often invested the most into the company’s platform. Assuming you have the online and two or even multiple Switches, it’s an inconvenience because I’m sure someone like Eel and many others bought a Lite so they can continue playing on the save files they have retained from other Switches.

I’m not arguing for extremism or boycotts but some frustration is understandable. I suppose starting from scratch on your other Switch is not a horrible thing, since it’ll be a fun game. Having the option to continue would be a nice one to have though.

Nintendo will likely offer it anyway because of the negative feedback, but it’s a shame that this discussion has to happen again and again with so many of their big releases. The way people want to play these games has changed since the GameCube and Wii days.

NotTelevision

Heavyarms55

@NotTelevision See, look at your comment! Perfectly reasonable and yet still clearly pointing out the issues. None of the "Nintendo just gonna be Nintendo and mess everything up" or "This is unacceptable and Nintendo needs to hurry up and move into the 21st century with this crap" and useless nonconstructive dribble like that.

I certainly understand the confusion and at times have wondered if Nintendo has actually somehow forgotten about their own NSO system. But the way some people spout nonsense like "There's Nintendo screwing up again" is to dismiss all the overwhelming number of things Nintendo has done so right over the years! As well as all the cool looking things in the specific games in question.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic