Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 30,621 to 30,640 of 96,536

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer not much on my end. I see you got mm2.. looking forward to seeing some of your levels 😜. Prob some yard work on the docket for me. Got an upcoming surprise party for my wife In a few weeks so I'm trying to get the yard in tip top shape.

NintendoByNature

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero Well, it's not the pressure of having the idea of needing to do too much all at once, but simply just the idea of the moon that comes crashing down, and the fact that you have to play under that pressure.

That was already more than enough to turn me off. And by now, the N64 is safely stored away, and I've got such an ENORMOUS backlog, that I don't think I'll ever give it another go.

I appreciate the effort of you trying to put it all in a milder perspective, though.

@bimmy-lee 1-0 for us...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

DenDen

Link-Hero wrote:

@ThanosReXXX
Okay, I do not understand your tension at all. That moon will never crash unless goes past the 72 in-game hour mark, and you should never have to worry about that since you can revert back any time you want.

True and you can slow down time that also gives some extra time

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

ThanosReXXX

@Link-Hero I reckon not everyone can understand, but I'll try to make it more clear: it's the feeling as if someone is hanging too close to your rear bumper on the freeway, or someone walking a little too close behind you. It's not real, I know, but for me, it is a perceived sense of urgency that I can't get rid of, and I simply don't like it. I play games to be entertained, moved, excited, and Majora's Mask does none of these things for me, so I simply gave up after several serious tries. It's that simple. Well, for me at least.

And although I do appreciate people informing me (and the others that don't like Majora's Mask) about how you can work around those mechanics, I'm not really looking for someone to try and convince me that I should give it another go, because I've already made up my mind anyway. And like I said, with the backlog I have, which consists of literally hundreds of games across 4 consoles and 2 handhelds, I'm not ever going to get around to it anyway, even if I would have wanted to.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Life just parted the curtain and allowed me in. Not sure if I’ll see the end without distraction, but fingers crossed.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee It was a brilliant goal as well, but now, as you can probably see, the French are starting to push back. The first ten minutes, they were completely overwhelmed by us, but now they seem to have woken up.

Either way, it's a WAY more interesting match than the previous one.

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX It makes sense to me. Similar to how I just cant enjoy things like endless runners or endless scrolling things.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Thanks for understanding.
Not that I mind either way. It's just my personal opinion/sentiment, and I'm not inclined to deviate from it.

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX We've all got our boats, and they all gotta float, dood.

20 more minutes of dooooom at work. And I'm waiting on an estimate for a truck repair. The driveshaft seal is leaking trans fluid and I don't wanna put it on blocks and do it myself. Too hot.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Better get your wallet ready then. As for it being too hot: you should be playing a world cup match in France right now: it was 114 F on average during the daytime, and only mildly cooler right now...

They're having mandatory pauses for drinking every 30 minutes right now, or otherwise they might faint.

HobbitGamer

@ThanosReXXX It should be around $80 I believe, so let's hope!
I heard how hot it was over there!! I saw a huge wildfire started because of chicken manure combusting. not good. Hope everyone is staying safe and hydrated

#MudStrongs

ThanosReXXX

@HobbitGamer Yeah, saw that too, on the evening news today. That was in Spain, though.
Over here, it's not nearly as hot as that, but I still need the fan running full speed, and the doors open to get some fresh air in.

@bimmy-lee 2-0 for team USA!!!

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Whew, that was an intense match. Felt like France had possession the entire second half. They looked like they were roasting in that heat too. I didn’t hear what the penalty was on what would have been our third goal.

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Not really a penalty, but offside. About 1cm. That bloody video ref again...

But who cares? We won! WE WON!!! Screw the French, hahaha...
Next opponent: England. Hope we can punish them for all that colonial oppression back in the day...

And tomorrow, my other favorite team will be fighting for their spot in the semi-finals, so fingers crossed...

bimmy-lee

@ThanosReXXX - Ah, I didn’t even realize it went to replay. It must have been a cm because I wasn’t considering offside there, it looked good. Thanks. Is your match set, do you know who you’re playing?

limby-bee was a jerk.

ThanosReXXX

@bimmy-lee Yup, Italy. Should be doable, but it'll probably end up being just as intensive a match as the one from today was.

NEStalgia

@Link-Hero I'm with thanos on this one. I've loved all things Zelda since what, '86? But majora is simply an even more flawed game than links adventure. I love the mood and concept of the world, it's very special. But the gameplay is a trainwreck. (see what i did there? ). The idea it forces you to keep repeating the same game elements is obnoxious and frustrating more than urgent. It's poor mechanics to hide a diminutive world. Narratively, i love the groundhog day mechanism. But it blows for gameplay.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

What? I missed all the world cup talk shenanigans?! Great game though! Go USA!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Anti-Matter

I never like soccer / football. 🙄
Zero interest with them.
They are lame sports in my eyes.
I only have interest with these sports :
1. Bodybuilding (11/10) 😍
2. Boxing / Kickboxing / Muay Thai / K-1 (9/10) 😘
3. Swimming (8/10) 😋
4. Baseball (7/10) 😉
5. Karate / Judo (6/10) 🙂

Anti-Matter