Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 24,481 to 24,500 of 96,531

Banjo-

@ReaderRagfihs I remember reading that discussion (with photos) though.

When Excitebots did not come to Europe I was mad at Nintendo but Miiverse and Twitter did not exist at the time. I finally found my way to play it and I liked it. It requires some practice, mostly to do 360º tricks but it's a lot of fun and it looks good. I always played it with the Wii Wheel included with Mario Kart Wii which is by the way my least favourite Mario Kart game.

A Wii gem that nobody got outside Japan was Project Zero 4/Fatal Frame 4. Once the English unofficial patch was released you could play that game legally on any Wii (the Wii is super easy to soft mod) using the Japanese disc. The patch also fixed most of the glitches. I got my copy on PlayAsia.com. It wasn't even expensive and ironically the game end up selling relatively well outside Japan!!

When Maiden of Black Water/Project Zero 5/Fatal Frame 5 was about to launch I was praying for an English release and finally I could get my hands on the super limited European edition. USA only got it digitally. Reggie? It still is one of my favourite Wii U games and I literally keep it as a treasure but as I always say if you are going to play it better to stand up for battling ghosts, otherwise fights get clunky - and review scores get lower.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Anti-Matter

@BlueOcean
Um...
Too bad.
Xbox One doesn't have Dragon Quest Builders 1 & 2.
Well, i will pick up the Switch version then.

Anti-Matter

Banjo-

@ReaderRagfihs What are your favourite Mario Kart games? I have them all and my favourites are Super Mario Kart and Double Dash. I know that Double Dash lacks content but I think it's the most fun to control and the physics are great and it has nice battle modes (recycled in Mario Kart 8 DX).

@Anti-Matter You came to troll me in spite of how patient I am with you always... Shame on you.

Banjo-

Anti-Matter

@BlueOcean
LOL
Sorry for the troll. 😅
Just only remind some games that didn't exist on Xbox One.

Anti-Matter

Banjo-

@ReaderRagfihs Super Mario Kart is really about driving, that's why I love it. You have very good taste my friend! I also agree about 8, it's a bit stiff, at low speed is boring and at high speed is not responsive enough. It's beautiful and has all the Koopalings (Bowser's children in the cartoon) and that's why I play it to be honest. I'm not American but for some reason that I ignore I love country music (instrumental or with male voice) and thus I am a fan of Moo Moo Meadows and Yoshi Valley tracks in Mario Kart 8. I got the Club Nintendo official CD soundtrack (2 discs).

Banjo-

HobbitGamer

So I’m out sick today and possibly Monday. Considering doing the vWii thing on my Wii U, but it just seems so overwhelming. I wanna play my 3 GameCube games on my gamepad, though.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

@ReaderRagfihs Eternal Darkness (But it’s kinda scratched so I dunno if I can dump it), Luigi’s Mansion, and sunshine. I have a Wii, but the drive is iffy. I’ll probably give up and play dark moon on my DS 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Banjo-

@ReaderRagfihs Yeah, since Mario Kart 64 4 players is essential. I also love Mario Kart 64, the circuits and the soundtrack, I still play it. This and Double Dash crush the chaotic Mario Kart Wii. Diddy Kong Racing is one of my favourite games ever, in between.

I only started enjoying Super Circuit on DS because on the GBA it looked dark, even after swapping my original Game Boy Advance for the original Game Boy Advance SP (a later model was released with backlight). It's a great game but I never played with friends, unfortunately. I guess I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have but now I have it as an ambassador 3DS game, too, and can play it in bright colours.

I have similar feelings to you regarding Mario Kart DS. It looked impressive on DS Lite/DSi and it was a step above Mario Kart 64 with 3D characters and retro circuits. Delfino Square was stunning, wasn't it? AND it was the first Nintendo game with online mode and one of the first with download play. I missed the analogue controls of Mario Kart 64 though.

Mario Kart 7 is special for me because of the stereoscopic 3D. I enjoy this feature a lot in games like Mario Kart 7, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Actually, Nintendo sold me the effect with that 3DS downloadable video. Looking back, I think Mario Kart 7 was a bit rushed like Super Mario 3D Land (some circuits are dull) but it's great anyway and I still play it.

Okay, I'll make a ranking.

1 Double Dash
2 Super Mario Kart
3 Mario Kart 64
4 Mario Kart 7
5 Mario Kart 8
6 Mario Kart DS
7 Super Circuit
8 Mario Kart Wii

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

GeoChrome

@ReaderRagfihs Are you sure it’s not Mario Teaches Griping?

I have another joke: What do you call a poisoned fish? Freddie Mercury

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Octane

@ReaderRagfihs People who think a 3D racing game with 2D sprites should be anywhere near the top three deserve a ban IMO! 64 is the worst

Octane

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs So, we're doing cheesy jokes, then?
Okay: why can't a leopard escape the zoo? Because he's always spotted...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

GeoChrome

@ReaderRagfihs What are mini golf carts called? Putt-Putt

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Haruki_NLI

Due to hilarious financial situations, and my mother losing her job due to her illness at long last, my birthday presents are a mix of early, as in starting tomorrow, on the day, as in next week, and late.

The first one is via a gift card.

I dont know if I'll like it.

If I do, I'll never see it coming.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfihs Aw, my bad. Well, I consider Pokémon games to be highly educational, so allow me to correct my mistake. Here goes:
How do you get Pikachu on a bus? You Poke him on...

By the way: how's the Dreamcast life treating you? Hope you're enjoying the hell out of the system, because it is a true gem and it really deserves all the credit it gets, regardless of its few shortcomings.

@Knuckles-Fajita Hope you don't mind me saying so, but all of that sounds decidedly less than hilarious.
Good luck with the mystery gifts, and in spite of it all, best wishes for 2019. Good to see you're still hanging around here.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX Well, regarding my mother losing her job, she's been unable to work there for over a year due to her illness. This was a long time coming but she can't leave of her own free will due to how it will impact her in the long run as she looks for more appropriate work.

But she gets a chunky payment for severance on the 18th.

Good news is I'm still in my job though predictably hours are down a lot due to...lol January! If I keep working the way I am I'll be a supervisor before long anyway given mine has taken to random days off.

Well, I say mystery gifts, I know what they all are as I'm ordering them My family just pays me back after the fact these days.

Banjo-

@ReaderRagfihs Because we have good taste and @Octane obviously doesn't. I think for a single player a good choice would be Super Mario Kart because it's challenging in 150cc and it's more about driving and less about chaos, but at the same time I have sweet memories playing with family/friends versus and battle modes.

Banjo-

ThanosReXXX

@Knuckles-Fajita Haha, well, at least that's a good way to prevent any of those awkward moments where you have to thank a family member or friend after you've received a gift that you either never wanted or don't know what to do with, other than politely smile and accept it.

At some point in my life, I just requested people to gift me money, so I could buy my own gift. I only allow a select few, who know me better, like my sister, to buy their own gifts, because they always surprise me in a good way.

Haruki_NLI

@ThanosReXXX Well it's my 23rd birthday. All I know is my friends want me to do drunk Mario Party and go to work the next day very hungover (The one time I drink actually!) and apart from that...a guy at work keeps flirting with me so maaaybe I'll go on my first date with a guy of the same sex. Have to see.

Banjo-

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

@ThanosReXXX Well it's my 23rd birthday. All I know is my friends want me to do drunk Mario Party and go to work the next day very hungover (The one time I drink actually!) and apart from that...a guy at work keeps flirting with me so maaaybe I'll go on my first date with a guy of the same sex. Have to see.

Sounds like a plan.

Banjo-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic