Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 23,461 to 23,480 of 96,567

HobbitGamer

@Vinny It felt more meaty. Almost like the difference between PSP-1000 and 3000 (Slim)

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

1UP_MARIO

Only reason I like the original ds is because mine is still working. My ds lite had a short life, May it rest in peace

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

HobbitGamer

I only had a launch day Gamecube that quit reading discs after it got knocked over. Simple replacement swap at bestbuy. Even then, it was probably just a lens tweak anyway.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

Eating kettle chips and boneless bbq wings with chopsticks. Because I’m sophisticated.

#MudStrongs

ArabPikachu

Today,

I got my Driver's License in the mailbox!

Edited on by ArabPikachu

http://www.capcom-unity.com/amunity/go/shield/privateProfile

Nintendo Network ID: Fikachu

Vinny

I had jalapeno chicken nuggets yesterday.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

HobbitGamer

@Vinny I’m seriously jealous. That sounds delicious. Popeye’s had some ‘Ghost Pepper Wings’ once and they weren’t much spicier than dumping frank’s on fish sticks.

#MudStrongs

Tyranexx

I still miss my original blue phat DS. Unfortunately I had to trade it into GameStop a few years ago after the top screen pretty much quit working (Long story; I won't bore anyone with the details unless asked). That thing was a beast and doesn't feel as flimsy as the used DS Lite that I still have. I probably should have kept it around as a glorified GBA or something.

Speaking of the DS family....My new New (Gotta love Nintendo's naming....) 3DS XL came in the mail earlier this week. I'm hoping to initiate a system transfer later. A pic of my prize will (eventually) appear here and in the 3DS purchase topic.

Has anyone ever had issues transferring wirelessly? I know it's often recommended to do the PC transfer, but I have the time to burn and only have about 1.5 GB of stuff on my current SD card (Still the original. ). I'm also not too keen on opening up the N3DS XL and really don't plan on ever going past the 4GB card that it comes with.

@Anti-Matter: As stated elsewhere, welcome back mate! Don't feel bad about not getting one of the Let's Go games yet; it'll be a few months before I play one of the two, so we'll be in the same club for at least a little while. XD

@ArabPikachu: Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment. Don't go around doing doughnuts now!

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

ArabPikachu

@Tyranexx

Oh, I won't excessively go donut shopping. However, all this driving by myself made me recently develop the impulse to play a racing game & that's exactly why I added Star Wars: Racer Revenge to my PS2 Classics collection on PS4, lol

http://www.capcom-unity.com/amunity/go/shield/privateProfile

Nintendo Network ID: Fikachu

Vinny

The earth isn't round or flat: It's shaped like a copy of the Wii game Opoona.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Tyranexx

It technically wasn't me who took down the beast, but the unfortunate laws of physics and some idiot that my mom had to avoid hitting.

I had just entered college and went with my mom on a regular grocery shopping trip. I was happily playing my DS in the passenger seat of her van when, suddenly, she had to slam on the brakes. Some moron had cut right in front of her into our lane without signaling because they were like "Oh hey, I should turn here!"

The resulting force sent the system flying out of my hands and onto the floor mat by my feet. The point of impact was the very top of the housing where the upper screen was held. I checked my precious system but, other than a couple of small body scratches from other drops (Again, this thing was built like a tank), it seemed fine.

Time wore on, and I noticed an odd, bleeding ghosting effect that would go away whenever I would adjust the upper screen somewhat. It used to hold this "sweet spot" on its own once I found it, but it started getting to the point where I would have to physically hold it up a certain way.

More time passed. It was becoming more and more of a struggle to play DS games this way; there were also some issues with the touch screen (Too much Guitar Hero: On Tour from my early days with the system), but GBA games still looked and worked swimmingly on the lower display. I valiantly held out for a long time; this was my precious system, my companion, the survivor of many Pokemon games, many sessions of WarioWare: Touched!, the likes of New Super Mario Bros., and two slightly controversial (but still decent overall IMO) Zelda games to name a few.

Finally, I could take it no more. My patience was spent. My need for a replacement DS and GBA backup system (As my GBA was and still is on its last legs) grew stronger all the time. I...traded it in and got a used DS Lites as a DSi wouldn't do.

...Wow, that got a bit wordy. I blame the caffeine.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

Eel

My original DS has the top screen hanging by a single hinge and completely non-functional.

It still works perfectly to transfer pokemon from GBA to DS though...

If you wanna know, I had the DS in the same backpack as a very chunky Hunter figurine, among other things, and it fell off a table.

The DS cushioned the Hunter.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

@ReaderRagfish: You could tell by a couple of dings on the body that it had been through a couple of falls from Ye Olde Klutz. Those weren't enough to slowly do it in, but that fall in the van was just enough to get the process going. The span of time between that bad drop and when I traded it in was about 2-3 years or so.

@Yosheel: ...It seems like the Hunter found some new prey.

Edit: Already posted this in the 3DS purchase thread, but here's a shot of both systems before kick-starting the transfer process. It took a bit as I had forgotten that I had set up parental controls on the old one and took forever to remember the exact PIN.

Untitled

Edited on by Tyranexx

HobbitGamer

@Tyranexx Man, that SNES scheme is nice. If I didn’t have carpal issues with the clamshell design I’d be all over it. Well, and if there weren’t Smash coming 😂

#MudStrongs

Matthew010

@Bayonereza Is Smash 4 Wii U the only Smash game you have? It is for me, so I can't play anyothers, but you could play an older game if the wait is too painful.

Matthew010

Matthew010

@Anti-Matter Oh, by the way, welcome back! Everything did seem different while you were gone!

Matthew010

Matthew010

@Bayonereza 8 I feel left out a bit. Everyone seems so excited for Ultimate, but as I never put much time into 4, I can only do basic moves like kicks and punches with Mario. It was only Tuesday I learnt how to initiate a Final Smash. So I hope Ultimate has a tutorial mode for more advanced moves (or I decide to buy the Prima guide).

Matthew010

ogo79

damn im sexy

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Tyranexx

Happy Thanksgiving folks! I got to spend the day with various family units. Finally got home about an hour ago and am getting to my internet rounds. XD I'm hoping to shove in some Golden Sun: The Lost Age this evening. I'm just past Air's Rock; I'm almost ashamed that I resorted to a guide for it. Garoh though....It's currently home to my favorite theme between what I've played of this game and all of the first game.

I have tomorrow off as well, which will give me plenty of time to take care of a small house project and to properly break in my new 3DS. I'll probably end up starting Majora's Mask 3D. I've been dying to play it.

@HobbitGamer: I slightly prefer the PAL scheme, but y'know, region-locking. The design has definitely grown on me, especially since some nostalgia is at play here. Out of all the available designs, the Galaxy one is currently my fav, but the fact that this one was the same price as a N2DS XL was very hard to ignore.

That sucks about the Carpal Tunnel; I have symptoms that may signal that I have it, but they aren't constant. I plan on saying something about it at a routine check-up next week.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic