Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 23,241 to 23,260 of 96,563

BrainOfGrimlock

@ReaderRagfish can’t say for certain (for context considering it’s a few pages back, you were asking about gender when introducing furries!), never read anything that says it’s a definite except when introducing un-neutered males.

From experience (not that i get new cats every week so not like i have years and years of it!) I reckon there may well be some truth to it. Example case - we introduced a new rescue-female earlier this year; the male kicked up a huge fuss for a day & then gave 0 cares. The two existing females gave her a hiss-y welcome for the next 3 months however and even now, 8 months later they’re hardly besties?

As a slight aside, I did read something by a cat behaviour expert that said Cats in Australia are naturally more aggressive than similar breeds elsewhere in the world - obviously she couldn’t explain exactly why, but theorised that it’s to do with the number of additional predators they’ve faced since being (stupidly) introduced over here.

There’s quite a lot of people against cats in Australia due to the devastation they’ve caused to local wildlife - even the RSPCA has supported their culling in recent times - which is pretty horrific. I understand the anger at the trouble they’ve wrought but it was man’s interference (yet again) that caused the problem originally and killing animals (any animals) en masse is a solution to a problem that I will just never be able to get my head around.

Ahem. Sorry, went off on one then - don’t normally talk about anything so ‘political’ away from games so please forgive me. Appreciate other people may have strong views on this too but suspect it’s better left unsaid for the most part as it can evoke some powerful responses!

BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

@Yosheel it’s not the mind it leaves but the mind it enters that’s to blame... You stay away from anything even remotely furry!

BrainOfGrimlock

the_shpydar

CanisWolfred wrote:

>Finds Funny Youtube channel
>Sees Most videos are <2 Minutes long

Oh, I guess I'll go through a number of these before I start the day. They're short, anyways. This shouldn't take long.

>30 Hours Later

...Okay, I think I'm finally done...I'm gonna go get some sleep...Clunk

You have literally described what happened to me after i discovered Ashley Burch's "Hey Ash, Whatcha Playing?" videos.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

HobbitGamer

I decided to fire up Pokémon Go so I have more things to put in the Let’s Go Park thing. I caught a whole bunch just putting gas in the truck and at the wash. When I played it more months ago, I suffered from the ‘only keep one’ mantra. Now I may miss the days of pidgey and rattata infestations. No. I won’t.
And apparently there’s a cyndaquil nest two houses down from me.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Tyranexx

ReaderRagfish wrote:

I went bowling for the first time in years, and my local alley doesn't have the Dance Dance Revolution or Simpsons arcade machines anymore. Instead, there's some Die Hard game and a weird Sega Safari game.

Oh well, at least they still have Rush 2049.

Unfortunately, most machines like that are slowly going extinct around here. The things you usually find these days are those lousy crane machines. There's a small arcade corner in the dying mall near where I live, but the majority of those are racing; I shouldn't complain as Hydro Thunder is one of those. XD There's an on-rails shooter called Let's Go Jungle that seems a bit meh.

Well...I tried to start a file with Golden Sun: The Lost Age on my Wii U earlier, but almost two hours later I STILL wasn't able to transfer everything over via the gold password. I checked multiple times and even took pictures on my phone of the full code from Golden Sun. I really don't know what I have wrong at this point....I might just cave and use the silver password instead if my attempts later on don't work.

Man do I wish that Nintendo had implemented same-system link cable functionality between related VC games.... /endrant

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Tyranexx

@ReaderRagfish: The pinball machines are becoming less common too, unfortunately. And it's been a long while since I've seen any fighting games like Tekken or Street Fighter....

Also, I FINALLY got it to accept the password! I fixed most of the errors earlier today already, but there was something slightly off towards the bottom of page 4. Ironically I had it written down correctly on paper...Must have been a visual error when I re-keyed everything at one point.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

Tyranexx

@ReaderRagfish: Cool! I've never been snowboarding...or skiing. XD I've been sledding, but that's not hard to pull off. There's an artificial ski resort within a few hours of here, but I'd be traveling for quite a while before I made it to any mountains.

Nemodius

WAY the hell off subject, but was looking for more information (on video) about what bugs are now presenting in Diablo 3 for Switch, and for some ungodly reason, THIS was displayed on the same page

LOL, I needed that, not what I was looking for, but the cheer up was worth it

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

Anti-Matter

Btw, who have Supaboy SFC ?
Can Supaboy SFC play GBA games with GBA to SNES Adapter in Handheld mode ?

Anti-Matter

Eel

All the GBA to SNES adapters I know only use the SNES as a controller port/power source.

You still need to connect it to a tv via a separate set of cables. So I don't think it will work that well with a handheld SNES.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Nemodius

@Anti-Matter
if you have a 3DS, get a [flashcart]
it's a few bucks, but has a Superior built in SNES and GB/GBC/GBA emulator

Edited on by Nemodius

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

Nemodius

@Yosheel you do realize the device he was talking about was an emulator right ???
a hardware one, but not officially licensed or authorized and you didn't seem concerned with him mentioning that device, not exactly a hacking device per se' but is still on the same moral area as the flashcart I mentioned

Edited on by Nemodius

Nemodius

@Yosheel
yes, a hardware emulator, it doesn't use roms, but is still an emulator that is hardwired and infringes the same as a flashcart, it's for emulators, not licensed or authorized

I didn't say to get roms, just that was an alternate piece of hardware that served the same function

I wont mention FC's or endorse any hacking, it just seemed a little odd you seemed ok with one and not the other...

Edited on by Nemodius

Eel

You can go through all the mental hoops as you want, but that won't change a thing.

Hardware clone of decades old console? Ok.
Hack your 3DS to install an emulator? Still against the rules.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Nemodius

@Yosheel
fine, but still doesn't change a "clone" is something similar, like Axiom Verge is a Metroid clone,
but be it hardware or software, a device that purposefully circumvents security measurements to play a game meant for another device is still a "hacking" device or software

if he had asked about a $100 "clone" of the Nintendo Switch that played the REAL switch carts, would you feel ok with that too and only say it probably wouldn't work very well ???

Edited on by Nemodius

Eel

Refer to my previous post.

Anyway, let's stop derailing the thread with useless banter.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic