Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 14,341 to 14,360 of 96,570

-Green-

We'll see. I hope it's good.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Chibita64

To be honest, I'm not having the E3 fever right now. Seems like this year's E3 will come and go for me, unless if something BIG happens. Sorry for being a Debbie Downer, but that's how I feel.

Currently playing: J-Stars Victory VS. (PS4), Ms. Pac-Man (PS4), Mole Mania (GB/3DS), Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SNES/Wii)
Currently watching: Hack My Life, Impractical Jokers
YUGAMI NEE NA!

veeflames

@Chibita64 Yeah, that's how I feel as well. Across all three companies, I'm not exactly feeling much E3 buzz, either. Seems like this year is looking to be forgettable.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

-Green-

I feel a buzz for Sony. They showed a lot of awesome games last year, and I'm hoping they mention them again this year.

veeflames

@crimsontadpoles Why they aren't showing the NX at E3 will always be baffling to me. That said, I'm always having real excitement for Nintendo (yay). At this point when Nintendo does announce the NX (let's hope it's not the day before the NX is launched or even a week after lol) I'll be like "Oh yay, now all the speculation and rumors can stop."

God first.

-Green-

Maybe they'll mention it at the end of the Zelda streams. Like very sneakily at the end say something like, "and if you like what you saw, don't forget you can play it on our future console when they both launch together, (insert fake laugh)".

Eel

Harvest goddess.... my dad came home with a bag filled with beanie babies, apparently from old McDonald's promotions.

Now I have like 30 little plush animals.

.... Where will I put them all...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CanisWolfred

Meowpheel wrote:

Harvest goddess.... my dad came home with a bag filled with beanie babies, apparently from old McDonald's promotions.

I know a place. It'll require a plunger, some stamps, and about 30 yards o' duck tape. Do you have any lead lines?

...alternatively, if you have enough stamps, I know a fort that's carefully guarded by at least 4 Gundams that'll ensure their utmost protection...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Blue_Blur

I can't believe I didn't try the Teddy Buggy in MK8 until today... I love how it looks with Luigi's Death Stare! XD Nice to have Luigi back as my avatar!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Vinny

I don't think E3 is that important anymore. Back then, the internet was much smaller and there was no social media, so of course you needed a big event to attract media coverage. Nowadays you can announce a game pretty much whenever you want to on social media and that's it. E3 feels like an ancient tradition of the past now.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Eel

CanisWolfred wrote:

Meowpheel wrote:

I know a place. It'll require a plunger, some stamps, and about 30 yards o' duck tape. Do you have any lead lines?

...alternatively, if you have enough stamps, I know a fort that's carefully guarded by at least 4 Gundams that'll ensure their utmost protection...

I was considering just putting them on a shelf, but that sounds like a good idea too.

Bloop.

Vinny

WarioWare: Smooth Moves has so many creative uses of the Wiimote, specially that one where you have to put it close to your nose like an elephant (I'm quite bad at using "the waiter" form though). It's a shame that the series skipped the 3DS... Sigh.

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Blue_Blur

@Pikmin22 Yeah! I'm still waiting for Luigi's Mansion 3!

Vinny wrote:

WarioWare: Smooth Moves has so many creative uses of the Wiimote, specially that one where you have to put it close to your nose like an elephant (I'm quite bad at using "the waiter" form though). It's a shame that the series skipped the 3DS... Sigh.

Smooth Moves is a great game! And yeah, it's too bad it skipped the 3DS. I wasn't that big of a fan of Game & Wario either; not much content, and extremely repetitive, in my opinion. I really hope the NX gets a WarioWare like Smooth Moves!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

veeflames

@Blue_Blur But then if we get a WarioWare: Smooth Moves-like game for the NX, then the NX also has to cone with a unique controller... which will make tons of people mad, apparently. Don't get me wrong, I thought Smooth Moves was pure genius and I would like a Smooth Moves 2 as much as anyone else.
And who's to say WarioWare is skipping the 3DS? I think it's still early to conclude on that right now. I do hope that a WarioWare game and an Advance Wars game (like the first three, please) eventually come to the 3DS, even if the 3DS is nearing the end of its life cycle.

God first.

Eel

Well, there's always wario ware touched and DIY.

Apparently they simply ran out of fun new ideas... So just give them a few years until wario ware is retro enough to bring back without new ideas.

The 3DS and WiiU would be perfect for a "best of" collection type thing though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Joeynator3000

....Wait....@theblackdragon is back? TwT
I missed you!! (...saw you posting in the other gaming forum, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Freeon-Leon

So, you guys may have noticed I've been absent from the forums since last month. Well, one of the many reasons is because I got in a game making class, and it's been kind of a mixed bag.

While the game design part has been amazing — mostly because I like to create stuff, the team work has been kind of a let down. Yesterday, I was discussing with my team about what idea we should use for our game, and they simply have no idea about game mechanics.

Basically, the problem with my team (and with most of Mexico's game industry) is that they wanted to think of a story and then take a mechanic of another game to simply use it as our template. I mean, why do heck should a developer make something that's been made before and just shove a new story in it. Then I was suggesting an idea of a stealth game with a twist, due to the theme our game is planned — aztecs and exile, but since it had no shooting or fighting they thought it wouldn't work, because... people would find boring a game with no shooting (sigh).

After having arguments about new mechanics, they just couldn't understand a metaphor wich we were wroking on. Anyway, the worst part is... they just can't see how good games are made. I think it has a lot to do with being a Nintendo gamer and them not but come.on, they can't see farther than their noses when working in game design. It was quite frustrating and dissapointing how many people think about game making. Most of them just want a medium to tell a new story with the same old mechanics.

I mean, that's what books are made for. . .

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

mystman12

Pikmin22 wrote:

Now I'm thinking of watching The Amazing World of Gumball after I found out they referenced The Last of Us! XD

Gumball is brilliant! I started watching the show after I found out they parodied Video Briquedo:

Like, it's a fart joke, but it works because it's parodying Video Briquedo. Any show that parodies Video Briquedo has to be amazing!

Edited on by mystman12

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic