Forums

Topic: Question of the Day

Posts 5,741 to 5,760 of 8,464

CanisWolfred

theblackdragon wrote:

Order-Sol wrote:

It's not like it's on purpose, it's just natural.

It shouldn't be, and that's the point. a 'level' or 'ranking' system would just make that sort of thing worse.

Fair enough. I never meant to say it didn't, just that it still happens on some level regardless.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

V8_Ninja

Response to Question #313: No. Not only do "Leveling Systems" for forums sound like a stupid idea, but they can encourage people being stupid and spamming comments to enlarge their completely metaphorical naughty-bits. If you're going to enlarge ANYTHING, shouldn't it be something that is physical and can change your IRL social status?

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Chrono_Cross

Considering GameFaqs does a lot things NL should do, it wouldn't hurt. You don't have to pay attention to it. It's just there mainly to show how long users have been there and how active they are.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

CanisWolfred

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Considering GameFaqs does a lot things NL should do, it wouldn't hurt. You don't have to pay attention to it. It's just there mainly to show how long users have been there and how active they are.

Some people abuse the system, though. (once again, stupid people prevent us from having nice things, I know) Spamming's already against the rules, but I'm sure the mods don't need more work, you know?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Just take the Neogaf route.

New members have the Tag Junior Member for a certain number of months until becoming members.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Chrono_Cross

Order-Sol wrote:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

Some people abuse the system, though. (once again, stupid people prevent us from having nice things, I know) Spamming's already against the rules, but I'm sure the mods don't need more work, you know?

You've never been to GF. The mods there can ban, and lower karma. Karma is the XP of leveling up. New members can only submit 5 posts a day and the higher you go the more freedom you have. So even if someone that was banned made a new account, in their five trolling posts the mods could just ban him again or however that stuff works. And if a veteran on the board becomes off topic (or anyone for that matter), they can lower your karma to punishment level or temp. ban you.

Of course I don't care if NL does this. It's not a big deal.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

CanisWolfred

I don't think NL wants a system preventing new member from being able to post on whatever they want. (but who am I to speak on their behalf?)

shingi_70 wrote:

Just take the Neogaf route.

New members have the Tag Junior Member for a certain number of months until becoming members.

IMO, Junior Member sounds...degrading. You can already tell a person's new just from their start date that they're a new member. Why do they need a title to denote that?

Speaking of titles, though, I do miss the titles from Movemodo. Those were pretty cool. I know the renaming system took its place, but still, I wish we could have it back, and that they'd let us change it whenever we want.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Reala

I think rank labels are completely unnecessary things like labelling new users as junior or whatever how does that improve the site at all? contribution being determined by a made up period of time or set amount of posts before getting more just sounds wrong judging them before they've done anything, I think nl should stay fair and open with no competition over trivial titles or whatever rank of the week type stuff.

Reala

zezhyrule

Nope. Worst idea ever

It would be nice to have a post count thing, at least one that's privately viewable. I've always wondered how many posts I've made on this site
if you mods know then tell me nao >:[

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

rolLTheDice

Yes, but not nearly enough to post it in the appropraite thread...
I also doubt they'd get IV right.

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

theblackdragon

i'm not sure what we're talking about re: GameFAQs, and I'm also not sure how limited posting came into play, but i'd like to say i'm a fan of that for new users — posted threads, though, not comments. no user of any status needs to post more than 5 threads a day IMO, but established users already know how to limit themselves; some newbies go on freakin' sprees when they first get here, lol :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

bro2dragons

No. I like having everyone on the same footing. We're all equally able to contribute around here. Why should one person have higher "status" because they've been around longer, or because they don't have as much to do during the day and thus are on here posting more than others? I don't see how those things could improve NintendoLife, but I do see how they could severely hurt the community.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

Drawdler

Allowing us to just add a little title for ourself under our name would be much better, who's with me?

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Link977

Question #314: What is your opinion on plastic surgery?

Formerly PurpleLink, RedLink & OrdonianLink
Getting a Gold Mushroom on Rainbow Road is just asking to lose!
Backloggery
Question of the Day

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9901-0836 | Nintendo Network ID: Link977

Aviator

Don't really care.

The best thing about plastic surgery is Orlan.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Magi

I don't mind it all all as long as they look natural.

kekekekeke

Magi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.