Forums

Topic: Pokemon General Discussion

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,422

Tsuchiya

@Electricmastro
That is brilliant Sir lol

Frankenstein was the creator - not the monster. It's a common misconception, held by all truly stupid people - Kryten

Back in Black is the best song ever. Argue, and I'll have to slap you. Hard.

Nintendo Network ID: Tsuchiya-U

Eel

Oh wow, I never ever found a wild feebas in the whole 3rd gen.
Congrats!

Also, the 5th gen hasn't any route as large as that one. I loved making secret bases there and in the route with all the ashes.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Electricmastro

Morphtroid wrote:

Oh wow, I never ever found a wild feebas in the whole 3rd gen.
Congrats!

Also, the 5th gen hasn't any route as large as that one. I loved making secret bases there and in the route with all the ashes.

It's not as limited in Gen V on Route 1.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

JunkosBoobies

about to challenge the blackthorn gym in soulsilver
wish me luck
my soulsilver team:
POLIWRATH (Level 43)-focus punch,hypnosis,water gun,surf
GYARADOS (Level 44)-surf,ice fang,hydro pump,bite
RATICATE (Level 44)-bite,sucker punch,super fang,strength
TYPHLOSION (Level 47)-lava plume,flamethrower,flame wheel,ember
HAUNTER (Level 46)-curse,shadow ball,shadow claw,hypnosis
MACHOKE (level 45)seismic toss,focus punch,cross chop,karate chop
will i be okay? ;_;

Edited on by JunkosBoobies

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

dew12333

I was just completed my pokedex in B&W2 and got the shiny charm. I just wondered if anybody was having any luck with this item?

dew12333

DarkNinja9

whats a good nature for a snivy? i was thinking timid but idk i was thinking of using it for sp atk mostly so it could be quick with the speed if its timid but idk nor what move set might i use

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

e-love

@Electricmastro, nice find! I remember taking forever trying to find me a Feebas, and then finally did!

I love Milotic.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Electricmastro

turtlelink wrote:

I never did find a Feebas in Emeralds or Sapphire. ._.

In the spot I found mine in, the second time I fished it in it, a Feebas didn't turn up until I fished again, so that only means that in the six specific water tiles Feebas is available in, you're not always able to find it the first try, I did use an Old Rod though, i've heard that the Super Rod is less prone to fool you since you can only catch Carvanha with it.

Untitled

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

Electricmastro

OKAY, update on the Feebas situation. It turns out, It's recommended that you have a Feebas that has Modest, Mild, Quiet, or Rash nature since its Beauty stat is more prone to get full if you have one of those natures (let's just say that "wasted" some berries before finding that out). So I went back for one (luckily, I knew which spot they appeared on). I particularly wanted one with a Rash nature since none of my berries that raise beauty (Dry) have a bitter taste, so it won't lower stats in the process. The 6th/7th one I catch, it has a Rash nature, YEAH!

Edited on by Electricmastro

e-love

Here's a topic to discuss, how would everyone rank the Pokemon games according to their soundtracks?

5. Gold / Silver / Crystal
4. Diamond / Pearl / Platinum
3. Red / Blue / Yellow
2. Black / White / Black 2 / White 2
1. Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald

I think Gen. 5 has the better battle themes, yet weaker field (route, town) music. Gen 3. has my favorite field music and a little weaker battle themes. Of course nothing beats all the classic tunes from Gen. 1.

Electricmastro

Emaan wrote:

Here's a topic to discuss, how would everyone rank the Pokemon games according to their soundtracks?

5. Gold / Silver / Crystal
4. Diamond / Pearl / Platinum
3. Red / Blue / Yellow
2. Black / White / Black 2 / White 2
1. Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald

I think Gen. 5 has the better battle themes, yet weaker field (route, town) music. Gen 3. has my favorite field music and a little weaker battle themes. Of course nothing beats all the classic tunes from Gen. 1.

Retro_on_theGo

That's easy
1) B/W2 easy
2) G/SC / HG/SS Honestly, these games give Gen 5 a run for it's money and I'm tempted to say route 27 (step into Kanto) alone makes it the best soundtrack, but that's just nostalgia.
3) D/P/P I LOVE route 225.
4) R/B/Y
5) R/S/E I hate the sound font. I only like it's trainer and wild battle theme.

JunkosBoobies

obviously
1)HG/SS (LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GAME!)
2)black and white (okay,i guess )
3)B2/W2 (HMMM...)
4)D/P/PT
5)R/S/E ( )

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

e-love

mudjo wrote:

I really liked the music in W2 – Colress' battle song was epic.

Yes! Like I said, Gen 5. has some awesome battle themes.

Raylax

Gen V destroys the other gens in terms of music.Not just the battle themes, there are some great overworld pieces too. Driftveil City is a massive earworm.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

DarkNinja9

what you guys think of this moveset for snivy evolutions

substitute
toxic
frenzy plant/leaf storm/leaf blade
dragon pulse

nature??

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

Retro_on_theGo

DarkNinja9 wrote:

what you guys think of this moveset for snivy evolutions

substitute
toxic
frenzy plant/leaf storm/leaf blade
dragon pulse

nature??

Go with a nature that increases either speed or attack. Out of your grass type options the best is Leaf Blade. Honestly, it's Serperior's best STAB move since it's a physical attacker. Don't know about dragon pulse. I'd say go for coil, but you already have so many non- attack moves. I swear Serperior can learn Mirror Coat (either that or Black Tower is filled with hacked trainers) so maybe go with that.

Raylax

I felt like posting a few weird Pokémon theories. So shut up and listen.

You killed Blue's Raticate (RBY). You monster. Ratatta, and later Raticate, is a primary 'mon on Blue's team right up until you flatten him on the S.S. Anne. The next time you meet him, he's in Lavender Tower. And he doesn't have much reason to be in Lavender Tower - given its full of unidentifiable ghosts that can't be battled. But he doesn't have his Raticate any more. And never will have for the remainder of the game.

Ditto is a horrible scientific mistake (RBY). One of the sub-plots to RBY is the scientific efforts - and continual failures - to successfully clone a Mew. Whilst success is ultimately achieved - with Mewtwo - you have to wonder what happened to all the failed attempts. Enter Ditto. It's regularly found in Cinnibar Mansion (the place where clones were attempted). It shares the same colouration and weight as Mew, and future generations would also match it with the same shiny colouration too.
It is often described as having highly unstable DNA that can transform into other Pokémon - but some Pokédex specifically state that if it tries to transform itself into something by relying on its memory, this POKéMON manages to get details wrong. The Cinnabar scientists never discovered a real Mew, and so the cloning attempts continually go wrong. Mew and Ditto are also the only Pokémon to learn Transform. Ditto are the failed attempts to clone Mew, broken Eldritch Abominations discarded by scientists, to live a tragic, identity-less life.
And to get their funk on with almost every Pokémon in existence.

Cubone > Marowak > Kangaskhan - These two families have always been a bit of an oddity. Cubone claims to wear the skull of its deceased Marowak mother; but anyone who's bred a Marowak will know that it doesn't die. Nor, mercifully, are players ever treated to a scene of Cubone tearing out its mother's skeleton. Marowak also wears a skull, the origins of which are never explained. There's one simple (and much more likely) theory that what is actually meant by "Cubone wears its mother's skull" is "Cubone wears the skull helmet that its mother once wore" - ie, the skull belonging to the mother, not the one that's actually part of the mother. But I prefer the other, slightly darker theory.
As for Kangaskhan, it has that little baby in its pouch. Even if you hatch a Kangaskhan from an egg, it comes already with baby in tow. Which is... weird. It hasn't passed people by that Kangaskhan's baby bears more than a passing resemblance to Cubone sans skull. And Kangaskhan could certainly fit in Cubone's evolution tree without looking particularly out of place.
So the theory goes that Cubone were originally orphaned Kangaskhan babies, and the skull belongs to Kangaskhan. Morowak would represent the orphan as a teenager (and not Cubone's mother), before finally evolving into Kangaskhan when becoming a mother. Appearance-wise, there's the old media stereotype of the active, rebellious young woman (Marowak) having turned into the uh... rather large, extremely protective, frumpy woman upon having children.

Edited on by Raylax

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.