Forums

Topic: Pokemon Direct 6.5.2019 -- Hidden details?

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

Forgotten_Arctic

Today, the new Pokemon direct was unveiled! Now it's time to scrutinize everything about it! That's what I do, sorry.

Let me get the discussion started. Did you notice, that when they discussed the "Wild Area," the music sounded JUST like "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild?" (Start the first clip around 7:42, and the second around 0:26.)

Hm...not saying it's a crossover, but...why is it like that?

What else did you notice?

Edited on by Forgotten_Arctic

Nothing is better than playing a game and having a character say something like, "What was your name again? I forgot. Oh! Forgotten!"

Forgotten Arctic

3DS Friend Code: 3154-0349-0002 | My Nintendo: Forgotten | Nintendo Network ID: forgottenarctic

MasterJay

@ForgottenArctic Interesting, that's pretty neat. I'm guessing they did that to represent the open world part. I saw in a video that there is a new squirrel Pokemon on one of the spectators shirts at the gym, not sure where it is in the direct though.

Well excuuuse me princess

My Nintendo: MasterJay | Nintendo Network ID: SuperSnapshot1.5

Forgotten_Arctic

@MasterJay Hmm, couldn't find it. I saw something that looks like a duck on someone's shirt, though. I'll let you know if I find anything!

Nothing is better than playing a game and having a character say something like, "What was your name again? I forgot. Oh! Forgotten!"

Forgotten Arctic

3DS Friend Code: 3154-0349-0002 | My Nintendo: Forgotten | Nintendo Network ID: forgottenarctic

Tyranexx

Honestly, the beams that signified the locations of Max Raid Battles reminded me of the beacons from BotW footage that I've seen. (Yes, I'm one of the ten people who hasn't played it yet. I'm hoping to fix that in a few months)

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Forgotten_Arctic

@Tyranexx don't worry, neither have I. Played the demo, that's it.

The beacons do look similar, with the Pokemon beacons being dimmer. Strange.

Forgotten Arctic

Heavyarms55

My guess is that it is a deliberate homage, or a placeholder.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Forgotten_Arctic

@Heavyarms55 Maybe. Hopefully it's not trying to ride off the success of BotW or, Hyrule forbid (get it?,) just rip it off.

Forgotten Arctic

Heavyarms55

@ForgottenArctic I mean I often wonder where is the line between an homage and a rip off? With major companies like Game Freak/Pokemon and Nintendo, my money would be heavily on homage.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Forgotten_Arctic

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, maybe you're right. But, sorry, I'm still not convinced. Everyone's entitled to their opinion though, so I'll stop.

Forgotten Arctic

• Page 1 of 1

Sorry, this topic has been locked.