Forums

Topic: NL RPG Adventure Season 2: A New Adventure

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 1,104

Mickey

Minnie frowned in disappointment but made sure Capricorn didn't notice incase she got worried. She forced a smile and tried to come up with a positive thing to say.

Minnie: Alright then. Thanks for trying, Capricorn.

She went back to staring at nothing in particular. "This isn't me." She thought. She knew it wasn't normal for her to be this down, but it was the only thing she thought she could do in her tangled state of mind.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

GuardianKing

Capricorn: It's funny though... I met a friend at the other end of the universe who's exactly like me, except she's a thousand times more human. I'm sure if she were here, she'd be a better help than I.

For the longest time, the group crossed nothing but desert, occasionally stumbling upon some ruined structures here and there. Somewhat worried they had lost their way, Capricorn revved the Cruser to maximum speed and caught up with Luana from behind. The vampire's humongus spectral bat-wings carried her in flight.

Capricorn: Lua, are we lost or something?

Luana: Not quite... We're almost there.

Capricorn: By the way, what are all these structure sticking out the ground?

Luana: Oh...

Suddenly she stopped advancing midair. Completely taken by surprise by Luana's complete halt, Capricorn punched the brakes and swirved the bike aside careful not to send anyone flying.

Capricorn: Why are we stopping?!

Luana feigned not hearing her words; she was facing the opposite way, looking back at the arid wasteland left behind.

Luana: Those were cities from long ago...

Capricorn: Cities?!

An uneasy silence overtook the group.

Luana: ...yes, cities.

Capricorn: Goodness... How did everything come to this?

Luana said nothing.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Mickey

Minnie was already sad, but the cities just... it wasn't helping her. She decided that she'd make an effort to keep quiet, stay calm, and wait until the more well-informed people settled all of this and resumed travelling to their destination.

4th: Just so all of you know: Superman is carrying Batman right now.

The Mousekeloggery

GuardianKing

Capricorn: Luana, how?

Luana: I'm not entirely sure! I was asleep for a good portion of the Overtaking.

Capricorn: Overtaking?

Luana: All I remember is waking up one day with no memories whatsoever, while a group of vampires carried me across some sort of large city and hailed me as a pureblood. That night, while they drank in victory, I tried piecing together what had happened. Alas, I believe Hunter knows more about all this than I do; after all, he witnessed Sunset many moons ago.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

Mickey

Minnie patiently listened. Figuring that asking if "they were there yet" would be impolite.

The Mousekeloggery

GuardianKing

Capricorn: Wow... Sunset? How long has the world been like this?

Luana: About three centuries now.

Capricorn: Wait, so you're...?

Luana: 532.

Out of the blue, Capricorn's phone started beeping.

Capricorn: Text from Morpheus: "where are you? Hunter and I are waiting on the Synthesphere! Hurry and use a teleporter from Castadel."

Luana: We should get going then.

As she took off, the hunter noticed a trail of light spouting out the vampire's ring. For a brief second, she could've sworn seeing the Astrian words: "Remember M.E."

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

Mickey

Superman noticed the others picking up speed. He looked down at Batman who was not enjoying the free ride.

Superman: Hold on, Bruce. I'm gonna speed up a little.

Superman caught up with everyone and matched their speed so they wouldn't have to worry about going too fast or too slow.

The Mousekeloggery

Knuckles

4th: Alright, after getting PM's from both @Mickey and Guardian King, this is to both of you so I don't type it twice.

My schedule is very full right now, plain and simple. I have hard classes, and to those of you who don't know, I'm a runner. I usually don't get free time on weekdays until 5:45-6:00PM, and then I have to do my homework. On Saturday's I race, Sunday's I rest.

I am still a part of this thread, but I don't know when I'll be able to actively resume RPing. I do read every post though.

When my schedule gets like this, I cut down my internet time to 4 places, technically 3.
1. NL Home Page
2. Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapons Thread
3. Backloggery
4. Nintendo Online Forums,
and posting occasionally at those is different from posting in here, which I found took up a huge chunk of my time, and I don't have very much right now. I don't even play on my 3DS for anything other than Streetpass related games right now.

Sorry if I am being blunt or rude, but thats just how it is right now. I'm sorry for not replying to your PM's until, I just haven't had the time.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

Captain_Toad

Me: @Knuckles Good Luck with your classes son.
BTW, @Guardian I've sent a PM in your backlog.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

GuardianKing

Hunter: So, Morpheus, how are you liking our skies?

Morpheus: Impressive! Your planet is located in such a magnificent corner of the universe.

Hunter: Fantastic, ain't it? We've had foreigners requesting permission to open an observatory a planet over.

Morpheus: Is that so? I sure hope your people haven't turned them down.

Hunter: Of course not! Just cause we're still rebuilding doesn't mean we don't like company. Frankly, it's all thanks to you I even knew about alien life; I can't wait to see more on my own.

As the captain was about to reply, strange signals appeared on the radar sitting before the two.

Hunter: Oi! What are those?

Morpheus: Damn! That can't be good news...

Hunter: Your ship's in repair, right?

Morpheus: Yeah... At this rate, sending the Crusader out would spell doom for it again. Trust me, I'm not in the mood of having it hauled back to Saturnia.

Then, out of nowhere, a third dot popped up, this time crashing towards the gigantic satellite at alarming speeds.

Hunter: What the heck is that?!

Morpheus: Crap, could it be?!

The captain reached for his pocket and unfolded some antique-looking looking glass.

Morpheus: Enhancing zoom... Digital enhancement at its maximum... Hmm...

Hunter: Can you see anything with that old thing?

Morpheus didn't even bother answering; instead, he reached for a speaker mic and yelled out his orders to the rest of the Synthesphere staff.

Morpheus: This is Captain Morpheus Equinox of the Starship Crusader speaking! Everyone, you need to open shuttle doors #5. I repeat: you need to open shuttle doors #5!

Hunter: Wow! Slow down there, Morph! What's this about?!

The blue-haired alien pointed at a nearby point, that got brighter and brighter as it fast approached.

Morpheus: Those are friends of mine being crashing towards us at incredible speeds! If they're not softened by your still primitive, yet effective enough, landing softeners, then their mech'll blow a hole straight through this space station!

Hunter yanked the mic from Morpheus' hands.

Hunter: You better be right... I trust you.

Morpheus: Have faith in this old man, will y'a?

Hunter: Tsk.

With a large grin on his face, Hunter yelled out:

Hunter: This is Hunter Solefice speaking! Obey the captain's orders and open shuttle doors #5!

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

Mickey

Minnie had the most frightening feeling. It was like she knew something bad was going to happen, but there was absolutely nothing she could do to prevent it.

The Mousekeloggery

GuardianKing

The shuttle doors opened at a steady pace; the flaming projectile got brighter and brighter, until finally, the duo was able to see a decently size mech sporting dragon-like features. It crashed front-first onto the high-tech landing pads. From up here, the safe-lading system looked more like elaborate mattresses to Morpheus; then again, he witnessed it all through the lenses of a camera.

Morpheus: We better run down to make sure they're okay!

Hunter: Okay, but first, ya mind if I contact Luana first?

Morpheus: Not at...

The captain stopped dead in his tracks and veered around like a top to face the Solunar Knight.

Morpheus: ...Luana?

Hunter: Yeah... That's her name. Is there something wrong?

The tricorn-clad space man was lost in thought; he bit his index, perplexed by something. Right then and there, Hunter could have sword noticing a glint of nostalgia in the Star Gazer's eye.

Morpheus: Nothing... It's just... I knew someone by that name once.

Hunter: Oh? Well, I didn't think an ol' sack like you'd spend his days alone.

Morpheus: Tch, you got a way with words.

He paused for a moment.

Morpheus: Long ago and far away, Luana was the name of my wi...friend's elder sibling.

That's when Morpheus turned to face the other way.

Morpheus: Do what you have to; I'm gonna go check in on my friends.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

Mickey

Superman was still flying with the others, Batman firmly in his arms, and was getting bored.

Superman: Y'know, Bruce, I wonder when we'll get to... to... ugh. That place I just forgot. How are you holding up?

He looked down at the Dark Knight who was still stubbornly giving the Man of Tomorrow the silent treatment since he didn't particularly like being carried by him.

Superman: Geez, Bruce. You're acting like Laura Petrie from The Dick Van Dyke Show.

Bruce broke his "vow" to ignore Clark as long as he carried him like that and gave him a puzzled look.

Superman: What? I grew up with an old couple as my Parents. "The Classics" were all I had.

Bruce continued his gaze at the Last Son of Krypton until he shook his head and resumed ignoring him.

Superman: Fine. I suppose we're more like The Odd Couple anyway.

Bruce looked back at Clark, looking more confused than he did before.

Superman: Okay, my parents didn't show it to me. Lois was a fan, she forced me to watch it.

Bruce immediately shook his confused look off and resumed staring off into the distance. He knew about Clark's breakup with Lois and didn't want to push the subject any further than he had to.

Clark himself didn't want to dwell on it either so he just let out a sigh and shook his head. Shifting focus back to keeping up with the others.

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

Knuckles

After talking to @Mickey, I have given him permission to use my Batman character in my time of absense, but he will only be able to move him around at talk to others, not do things like Investigating, or fighting unless everyone is fighting.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

Mickey

It had been a day since that incident with Batman, but Lex was still shaking.

He knew he probably deserved it since Superman (while flying to the SC earlier) explained to him who he was before he had the amnesia. Lex didn't doubt Superman's honesty for a minute, but he could tell that the Man of Steel had withheld some details for Lex's sake. Superman explained all of the innocents Lex had killed, all of the lives that he'd ruined, but after reminding himself of all of that, he still couldn't convince himself that he deserved what Batman did to him. To Lex, he'd already received his penance for all of that and more during the torture sessions that Finitevus held. Maybe it was something he'd done that he didn't know about.

Though, after that brutal interrogation from Batman, it wasn't like he was going to go ask the Dark Knight about it. He was content with flying the aircraft (he'd forgotten what the name was) supplied for him, keeping up with the others and minding his own business for the moment.

Edited on by Mickey

The Mousekeloggery

Mickey

Minnie finally shook herself out of the scared & confused haze she'd been in for what seemed like forever and looked at Capricorn.

Despite everything Capricorn had no doubt been through, she stayed strong (at the very least, on the outside). Minnie promised to herself that she'd do her best to be as strong as Capricorn. She was gonna need to, if recent events were anything to go by.

Perhaps the magical new suit she replicated back when they were at the SC would help with her strength/magic deficiencies. It certainly looked like it would. At the very least, it'd boost her confidence. She decided on putting the suit on as soon as she had the chance to.

The Mousekeloggery

GuardianKing

Hunter: Raven, this is hunter, come in!

Luana: I told you to use my alias!

Hunter: Who cares about that right now? And why did you come up with that name anyway?

Luana: I chose to leave behind me the misdeeds of my past; I could no longer be "Raven". You know the story, don't you?

Hunter: Still, why did you have to take on a whole new identity just for us?

Luana: You've fought the councils, right? You know how ruthless they were, especially towards traitors. I had to hide somehow.

Hunter: Hmm... Fair enough. Still, it's already been years since the reign of darkness has fallen, so I think we can drop the alias now. Besides, I don't even think it sounded that good in the first place.

Luana: Look, I'm not the best thinker in the world, okay? I was put on the spot there, and it was either that or Eliza...

Hunter: Huh?

Luana: Hmm?

Hunter: Did you say something?

Luana: No, I don't think so.

Hunter: Seriously though, it's confusing me and my friends, so can you please just let me refer to you as Raven from now on?

Raven: Fine...

As he was about to say something else, Hunter heard static on the other end of the voice call.

Hunter: Hello? Raven, you there?

He was only answered by an ominous buzz, with dissonant voices bursting through the crackling every so often.

Hunter: Raven, can you hear me?!

Suddenly, an unknown voice barged in t]o answer the Solunar Knight's question.

Voice: Tell him we've found her first.

Raven: ...h-help... ...m-me... ...hun... ...ter... ...he ha... ...has orchidlum... ...wounds... ...n't... ...rege... ...erate...

Hunter: Who is this on the line?!

Voice: An old friend of his.

Hunter: What are you talking about?!

Raven: Capri... ...ran ahead... ...with... ...girl...

Voice: Poor little girl here stayed behind to protect her friends.

Hunter: Who are you?! Answer me!

The knight reloaded his gun next to his transmitter's microphone: a clear threat intent to be heard.

Voice: Tell your captain we found her first.

There is a mysterious cry hear on the other end of the transmission.

Raven: Help me... M-Morph...

Voice: And the race begins, now.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

Mickey

Minnie turned and looked worriedly back to where Luana [Raven] was, but almost immediately turned back. Shivering at the thought of... whatever that thing was, and what it was doing to her friend. "It probably took a lot of courage to make that sacrifice" Minnie thought, though she would've done the same for...

Minnie shook her head again. She wasn't going to dwell on him anymore. She squinted her eyes and began to see the faint outline of what looked like their destination.

4th: For as long as @Knuckles is unavailable, Superman, Batman, and Lex Luthor are gone and/or missing in action. Either way, I won't be role-playing as them until Knuckles is back.

The Mousekeloggery

GuardianKing

Out of the blue, a bright beam of light blinds the rest of the heroes. Emerging from the shining column is a tall, slender figure with a menacing look on his face. The man's shadowy trench coat flaps in the chilling breeze, swept astray from his impeccable and most certainly official attire by the passing gust.

Capricorn: Morpheus...?!

Morpheus: All of you, get behind me exactly seven feet. I've set the teleporter to these specific coordinates.

Capricorn: I thought you said it didn't work because we were out of range?

Morpheus: I made it work. Now, go!

His voice suddenly adopted an threateningly tone, and the echo of his words boomed across the valley of sands. Capricorn backed away with worry painted all over her face; she had seldom seen her captain so crossed, yet every time she did, it was for good reason. There were rules scribbled across the stars: universal guidelines acting as constants to the variable equations behind the clockwork of existence; one of them was to never anger the Star Gazers, or most Outsider races at that. The last time Morpheus' people were pushed to the brink, the universe almost went up in flames within the matter of seconds. Although Morpheus himself perhaps was not a person to swing around threats, the invisible burdens he carried and the reputation that followed him everywhere carved out countless paths of fear for him.

Morpheus: That Synthetic is gonna taste my wrath.

As soon as she heard the captain's rather unusually solemn statement, the huntress bolted off with her companion by her side. Meanwhile, Morpheus simply walked away silently, all casual, cool, and collected. Inside him, however, the rage of a thousand subs burned brightly.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.