Forums

Topic: NintendoLife Artists Thread

Posts 2,041 to 2,060 of 2,539

card-crunch78

Actually, I think I'm going to re-do that Parasol pic until I can master the art of drawing chibis (which will be my new default style because drawing humans with correct proportions is stressful). Also in one of my projects, I'm going to draw my persona cosplaying as each Super Smash Bros. Ultimate fighter, should I skip Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and Mr. Game & Watch?

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Eel

@Zuljaras oh cool! About 100% cotton paper, I searched the block used in this video on Amazon, and it was decently priced at around 25 US dollars. I might order it next time I need paper:

https://www.youtube.com/live/vlIX5eVary4?feature=share
(Why isn’t it embedding?) (the paper is Fabriano Artístico)

@HenryKibble You could try doing something closer to “character bounding” instead of literal cosplay. That way you can create outfits inspired by these characters without feeling awkward about it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

@HenryKibble not quite so simple. People who do character bounding will create entire outfits that match the color scheme and vibe of the character, but often avoiding any literal depictions of the character.

So for example with DK you have two main colors and one significant element, the clothes would need to incorporate brown and beige, and include a red neck tie.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Zuljaras

@Eel 25 is quite steep for me at my level The 300g/m cold press is around 10$ for 20 sheets of paper. It is good enough for exercising without having the "fluff balls"

And that video is quite interesting! I will watch it and try the techniques! Thank you!

PS: I do not know if you have liquid gum but get it! It is amazing for masking!

Edited on by Zuljaras

Eel

@Zuljaras I gotta get myself one of these pastel pencils!

Oh and I finally received my new set of watercolors, and I must say after all this time using a pastel-tone pan set, I’m just blown away by the color intensity, I’m loving it

Untitled

You may notice a weird area to the side, that's some sort of defect in this little book (it is visible on the other side too!)… The pastels covered it before, but these new paints are more transparent.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Snatcher

@Zuljaras I didn’t know you were into WOW, I’m not but I feel like it’s a little rare to find people who are, openly without having to go to a thread for it and stuff.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Bunkerneath

@Zuljaras @Snatcher WoW destroyed the MMORPG I used to play.
I used to play Everquest and then WoW came out and everyone left to play that and then there was NOBODY to do raids anymore. I then gave up on MMORPGs in general as it just showed to me how fragile and pointless gaming can be also how fickle gamers are as well.
I had put so much work in to that game and then pop no one played it anymore
This is why I play mainly single player games and not online ones.
On a lighter note, this did get me back into console gaming and back into Nintendo's loving embrace

Edited on by Bunkerneath

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Zuljaras

@Bunkerneath I know what you mean but now I play WoW on the Wrath of the Lich King expansion offline. I host the server on my PC and I do not need internet to play. I experience the lore and the world on my own. It is a nice experience I do not like retail WoW in its current iterations.

But if there were no WarCraft 1, 2 and 3 I would not be interested in WoW.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic