Forums

Topic: My Nintendo Discussion!

Posts 161 to 180 of 318

Peek-a-boo

@DarthNocturnal This morning, in a space of five or six minutes, I popped onto Miiverse, the official Nintendo website, the My Nintendo website, booted my 3DS up to go onto the eShop as well as answering 3 questions and changing my clothes on Miitomo.

And in return, I got 130 platinum points, just like that!

Peek-a-boo

WiiWareWave

Huh?! What the fronk was that?! Kirby: Right Back At Ya The Complete Series was listed on My Nintendo in NA for about 5 minutes before it was pulled!

Its price was 800 Platinum Coins and 200 Gold Coins!

First of all does this mean that physical rewards are incoming?! Also if accurate that also means that rewards can cost both Platinum and Gold Coins simultaneously!

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

RR529

Well, the Japanese MyNintendo is now offering the Kid Icarus anime shorts (I'm assuming as downloads on 3DS), and if I recall correctly, there was an episode of Kirby: Right Back at Ya! on Nintendo Video as well, so maybe that video is (or will be) the reward.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

yokokazuo

Untitled

All episodes are available for 80 platinum each for a total of 480 platinum coins.

And now I'm at 545. I'll have to wait for the next awards to see if there is anything that interests me.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

zitpig

"My Nintendo" seems to be having a bit of a treasure hunt for extra coins. There's 3 pieces of Zelda iconography hidden on the site that bring in 10, 20 and 30 extras. Keep them peepers peeled!

Go to https://my.nintendo.com/missions to find out more

Have you found them all already? I've found two - missing the Z icon

[EDIT] There's also a Hidden Mission that grants 10 coins, which I've just found

Edited on by zitpig

zitpig

RR529

I've only found the Sheikah Slate (10 Coins) & the Mii (10 Coins).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

zitpig

@DarthNocturnal - What comment section? What article? Link?

Ah. Sorry. Just found it. I didn't know it had been mentioned already. This site is such a mess.

Edited on by zitpig

zitpig

FriedSquid

So I need some help choosing a discount reward before July 1st. Currently torn between getting the coupon for Wonderful 101 or DKC Tropical Freeze, and I think I want both about equally.

Any idea if one is more likely to go on sale again? If so I'll go with the other.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Luna_110

I finally used the discount for Metroid Prime Trilogy. Never tried a Metroid game, and since the Prime trilogy has nice reviews, I decided to give it a go.

@FriedSquid I think DKC Tropical Freeze may appear at some moment in the Nintendo Selects range. W101 has become a bit hard to find, and I don´t know if its been in sale before in the eshop.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

roy130390

There are new prizes available guys, Wario Land 3 and Metroid 2 among them.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Peek-a-boo

Literally the ONLY platinum coins rewards are the Zelda Picross game that has been on since the whole 'My Nintendo' service begun, and a Link theme for the 3DS.

Everything else is gold coins rewards, in which you need to spend over £40! Out of six of the rewards added today, four are Pilotwings...

Terrible, to be honest.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

DefHalan

I might use the 15% off on Yoshi Island, we will see. My wife is thinking of using the 15% off on Mario Party

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Undead_terror

I think it's safe to say that you can get the miitomo clothing and will have enough coins if something good comes out next month, ended up getting all three and still had a lot of coins left.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

McGruber

Yeah, really not a fan of the new rewards. The service itself is fine, but they need to bring back physical rewards unless they plan on having a bunch more exclusive goodies like Zelda Picross.

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

Tyranexx

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Somehow managed to save up enough gold coins to get Super Mario 64 for free. Thankfully, even discounted games (from when you owned it on Wii VC) count for their allotted amount. So I got Mario Tennis, Sin & Punishment, and Super Mario RPG, and full-priced Donkey Kong 64.

Still overloaded with Platinums though.

I think there should be a system where you exchange platinum coins for gold coins (Ex. 100 platinum coins = 1 gold coin, since they're so easy to generate). That would help get rid of some of the extra platinum baggage and make things less harsh on those of us who prefer our retail games to be physical.

Edit: Oh, and before I forget to ask, if you redeem a game code, how long do you have to use it? Does it expire on the last day that item can be redeemed, or does it sit around for some time yet? Thanks.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

yokokazuo

@Trinexx if there is an expiration, it should say when. I got a code for 1 hour of Wii Karaoke U and while that was available until the end of June, it was redeemable for I think 150? days or so after I purchased it.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

RR529

Since I have a plethora of Platinum Coins I went ahead and got the SNES Tee for Miitomo (I mean I guess it's something).

I still have over 1,500 Plat coins though, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Peek-a-boo

Going to stop all this Miitomo bobbins on the 1st of August (the date of the next My Nintendo update) as I have 1,300 platinum coins and there has been nothing to spend on them since WarioWare was taken off.

I know Nintendo wants you to buy their games to be rewarded, but outside of BoxBoxBoy! and the very niche Tokyo Mirage Sessions, there hasn't been anything worthwhile to buy (and play).

With the NX a year (or more) away, I don't see how My Nintendo can be a compelling reason to 'keep going'.

Peek-a-boo

Tyranexx

@DarthNocturnal: It seems like your findings were similar to my own. I was hoping the My Nintendo FAQ would have something, but I didn't find anything either. All the same, thanks for looking.

@Kazuo: Thanks for the response! I've only redeemed the Flipnote Studio 3D code (gave it away) and the My Nintendo 3DS Zelda Theme (downloaded it later the same day I redeemed it), so this is new territory for me. What brought this on was that I was thinking about redeeming the Twilight Princess Picross reward, but I don't want to download it just yet. If many codes are like that, then I have plenty of time.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic