Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 241 to 260 of 6,563

Watched Super Size Me in school. I'm freaked out that they showed us gastric bypass in school!

Also, I recently just changed my username in anticipation for Avatar.

"Batman does not eat nachos!"

Ravage

What is wrong with seeing a gastric bypass?

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Ravage wrote:

What is wrong with seeing a gastric bypass?

Nothing really, but I was just surprised they showed it in school.

Ravage

Then why are you surprised by that? Also, what level of school are you talking about?

Ravage wrote:

Then why are you surprised by that? Also, what level of school are you talking about?

Middle school and they showed a camera on the inside of the surgery.

LzWinky

My parents and I want to see "The Blind Side"

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Ravage

Ravage wrote:

I assume you mean elementary and not high school, in which case it matter what year. The movie is a great thing to show to kids because most kids don`t realize the real difference between healthy and un-healthy. It`s a good way to make them realize how un-healthy it really is. Although, they should have put the test of the food in the main movie. I`m not sure how many saw it, but it was a test to see how long it took fries, a burger, and a chicken burger to decompose from a burger stand and McD. They put each in a glass jar, the results were disgusting. The stuff from the stand were all done quickly, the McD stuff less so. The fries taking the longest, they took literally weeks. Now picture what they are doing in your stomach. That stuck the longest for me.

TwilightV

Anybody seen Yatterman? It's up on Youtube. Be warned there's some pretty perverted stuff in it.

TwilightV

I like Yatterman. The character, that is, I've never seen the film.

The only movie coming our that I want to see is "The Princess And The Frog".

Edited on by

Kid_A

irken004 wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

EDIT: Oh, and Avatar! Just saw a bit on 60 minutes yesterday interviewing the director and going behind the scenes a tad--it's looking to be all kinds of awesome!

I saw that too.

It makes me wonder... what if this $55 MILLION production turns out to be a flop?

Well it's happened before...(I'm looking at you Water World)

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Kid_A

shingi_70 wrote:

Anybody going to see precious?

I'm sure it's a great movie, I'm just not in the mood for a cry-fest at the moment, you know? But I'll see it eventually.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

lz2009 wrote:

My parents and I want to see "The Blind Side"

I heard that's good. I'm going to see that or Fantastic Mr. Fox this weekend.

Magi

shingi_70 wrote:

Is that the movie with the fat black chick who lives in the ghetto and gets raped by her dad and abused by her mom and picked on by nearly everyone else then (we all assume) dies from AIDS?

No thanks... that movie reeks of a lot of things, but "entertainment" is not one of them. (imho)

Magi

Ravage wrote:

Ravage wrote:

I assume you mean elementary and not high school, in which case it matter what year. The movie is a great thing to show to kids because most kids don`t realize the real difference between healthy and un-healthy. It`s a good way to make them realize how un-healthy it really is. Although, they should have put the test of the food in the main movie. I`m not sure how many saw it, but it was a test to see how long it took fries, a burger, and a chicken burger to decompose from a burger stand and McD. They put each in a glass jar, the results were disgusting. The stuff from the stand were all done quickly, the McD stuff less so. The fries taking the longest, they took literally weeks. Now picture what they are doing in your stomach. That stuck the longest for me.

8th grade in P.E.

Philip_J_Reed

Magi wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Is that the movie with the fat black chick who lives in the ghetto and gets raped by her dad and abused by her mom and picked on by nearly everyone else then (we all assume) dies from AIDS?

No thanks... that movie reeks of a lot of things, but "entertainment" is not one of them. (imho)

That's the one. I read the book, and the sentiment at the end of your comment holds true for that as well.

I was not impressed.

In fact, we had to study it in college. The professor gave us the opportunity to skip (without repercussion) the class period we'd spend discussing it, because he understood that the content of the book would offend some students. I ended up skipping that class period, too...not because the content offended me as a human being, but because the clumsy, manipulative writing offended me as a reader and as an author.

Very disappointed.

Edited on by Philip_J_Reed

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Watched Flowers for Algernon in school. It was pretty sad. I almost cried.

ryanknight717 wrote:

Toy Story 3 looks promising. Better than that Ratatouie Trash

While I agree about Toy Story 3, I won't take Ratatouille bashing like that!

Edited on by Avatar_Zak

@ Turkey Brutus
Well said!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic