Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 2,001 to 2,020 of 6,568

Solaine

Is there really something like a genuinely good movie with Video games as source material?

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

GianCann

Are there those who have watched the French Dispatch?

GianCann

jump

@Losermagnet On the topic of FP movies, have you seen Hardcore Henry? It's an action flick which is filmed entirely in first person, it's okay (not bad, not great) but it's worth a watch just because of how it's filmed.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Snatcher

@Solaine Does wreck it Ralph count?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Solaine

@Snatcher I wouldn't let that one count. It is pretty much its own idea with some references here and there. I admit i liked it back then, although the second movie was one of the worst movies i have seen in a while... Maybe i should revisit the first and see if i like it still

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

BruceCM

I've seen that 1, @Losermagnet .... Not enough of a fan of the series to say how well it represented them but it was a fun watch

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Snatcher

@Solaine Fair, Its is its own thing, Just wanted to see if you would let that slide.

Other then that I think the sonic movie is one of the actual good Game movies, compared to all the others, which isn't really impressive, at all.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Anti-Matter

Speaking about movies, are your cinema places already open their business and allowed only a few peoples to watch inside to keep the social distancing and keep obeying health protocols ?

Anti-Matter

jump

@GianCann I will watch French Dispatch sooner or later but as much as I like Wes Anderson it's not enough reason to risk my life by going in a crowded cinema filled with mouth breathing covid carriers unlike the new The Matrix which I will be pretty sure to be disappointed by it but I'm clinging onto the hope it could be amazing or Spider Man which seen twice now just because everyone wants to see it.

I will give it to Spider Man as a must see in the cinema film though, the room is filled with electricity as you watch as opposed to the last film I watched which was Cry Macho where I literally heard a yawn whilst watching it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Losermagnet

@GianCann I haven’t but I want to. Is it good? I’ve liked all of Wes Anderson’s movies so far (except Moonrise Kingdom).

@jump I haven’t but i’m interested in the concept. Although I gotta say I’d be surprised if a first-person movie could pull off action sequences. I would think it would limit the amount of action in-frame.

@Solaine I don’t think there is. I think Mortal Kombat was the closest it got, and even that is subpar when compared to other martial arts action films. I don’t think anything has transcended being a “video game movie”.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Losermagnet

@BruceCM even though I was joking about it I do like the DOOM movie. It’s a guilty pleasure 😝

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

jump

@Losermagnet Like said it's more unique rather than good. The biggest problem isn't the action scenes with it, it's getting motion sickness watching it.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

GianCann

@Losermagnet I liked half of the stories, and a couple of them were quite similar to the arthouse. But the footage is amazing (as usual for Wes Anderson).

GianCann

Solaine

@Anti-Matter They are open, requirements keep changing almost on a weekly basis. It is quite sad to see them almost empty everytime i visit the movies.

Oh, did anyone else here see the movie don't look up? Saw it in the cinemas but it is on Netflix now. I found that one pretty good as well actually, probably one of my favorites this year

BruceCM

Yeah, for what it was, it was pretty good, @Losermagnet .... Not like the games have much story anyway, lol

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Pizzamorg

Just watched Matrix Resurrections. I heard some mixed things about this, more on the negative than the good and I can certainly understand to a degree. It has a muddy, convoluted, narrative with production values all over the place and action scenes that mostly pale in the context of the genre defying set pieces of the original trilogy.

However, while all of this is true, I wouldn’t say I was ever a huge Matrix fan, so I just sat back and had fun with what this offered. It was paced and structured in such a way where it kept you hooked and engaged and wanting to know where it was all going to go. Like I say, I dunno how satisfying it all was in the end, but I certainly enjoyed the ride.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Zuljaras

We went to the cinema to watch Spider-Man No Way Home and we were with very high expectations. But the movie managed to exceed them!

This is the best movie for 2021 for me!

jump

I got given some movie vouchers for Xmas so I had a quick google to see what’s coming out soon and my two choices are between Nightmare Alley because Guillermo del Toro is awesome or Death on the Nile as I love old skool murder mysteries.

So I googled them to see the reviews, cast etc and noticed Death on the Nile has in its cast Armie Hammer, Gal Gadot and Letitia Wright. It’s like they have tried to put the most problematic people in Hollywood altogether in one film, it’s just missing Gina Carano, Chris Pratt and Mel Gibson now. Lol

Nicolai wrote:

Snatcher

If you have Disney plus, please watch encanto, its amazing, the songs were great and wile some were a hit or miss, the two I did like was that good to the point that it didn't hinder my Enjoyment, Also the animation is just, HMM.

One thing tho, the trailers for the movie kind market the movie as a high pace a action adventure, just know this movie is not that, like at all.

jump

Snatcher wrote:

One thing tho, the trailers for the movie kind market the movie as a high pace a action adventure, just know this movie is not that, like at all.

That sounds like the biggest bait and switch since The Crying Game!

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic