Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 6,555

Snatcher

Untitled

And since this is The movie thread after all.

Who the hell thought tom was a good choice for drake? and sully too.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Zuljaras

Just watched Resident Evil Welcome to Racoon City ... it was bad.

The only good moments were the Easter eggs to the games.

It had the WORST depiction of Leon S. Kennedy. He was portrayed as one extremely stupid and unfit to be a cop guy.

So many characters were differentiated from the games with no reason at all.

Thank goodness for the Easter eggs that were specifically for the fans of the games.

jump

@Snatcher It's doesn't matter, it's a video game movie. It will suck no matter what.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Snatcher

@Zuljaras The trailer looked like crap, wile I haven't seen the movie, I really did want to give it a chance based on the screen shots, but damn the trailer did such a poor job at showing me anything the movie had, I just gave up on it.

@jump I really wish they would actually care about the games, like can you give me some people that care! most of the time, you get this director's that just see the game have a cool story or whatever, and just change it to how they think it should'v gone.

Like NO! The series has its fans already, so why not try to do that! instead of shoving your own useless drivel into the story.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@Zuljaras I might just give it a watch just for a laugh at this point LMAO.

jump

@Snatcher Meh, most video games "stories" aren't really nuanced enough to be a movie despite people's claim that Link who is a deep as a puddle pushing a block puzzle for 20 minutes to get to a macguffin is the height of storytelling the same way I wouldn't want to play a game version of Pulp Fiction or Whiplash.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

BruceCM

Can't say I've heard anyone making that claim, @jump .... But I'm not sure I watch the sorts of films that have deep or very nuanced stories, so I do think it's certainly possible to make movies based on games in theory

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

jump

@BruceCM Well yeah, there's loads of video game that can be made into movies like Prince of Persia, Angry Birds, Hitman, Assassin's Creed, Super Mario etc but no one took the time to say they shouldn't! ;p

I've heard loads of folk talk of this specific forum about how Zelda is all about the story and how great the storytelling is but I then read their other posts and see they also call Yu Gi Oh and Minions great stories too lol.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Snatcher

@jump I disagree with yu-gi-oh just because Of my high biased, (Not saying it has god level story telling because it does not)

But minions LMAO. But I do agree, But I still don't think some Video game movies need to have crazy story's, they just need to be... well good and Enjoyable.

Edited on by Snatcher

Losermagnet

You all seem to be forgetting that video game movies achieved perfection with 2005's DOOM. After that what was the point of anything else? It had an amazing FPS section and launched the career of Dwayne's Rocky Johnson, who up to that point was a nobody. Boy I hope he's in the next Minion's movie.

For me I think video game movies always feel so unnecessary. Like, if the videogames themselves are junkfood already then the movie adaptation is a bag of unrefined sugar.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

jump

@Losermagnet I was digusted by the DOOM movie, it's like they didn't even play the game at all. How did those army guys aim when there was no floating cursor?!?

Also you didn't mention the brilliantly under rated Karl Urban!

Nicolai wrote:

Snatcher

@Losermagnet I never seen the doom movie, but if they had an FPS section, thats actually really cool!

Losermagnet

@jump i hear this complaint about the lack of floating cursors all the time and I'll tell you what I told my grandma - all great art is controversial. Perhaps future generations will be able to define the true meaning of the DOOM movie after they've salvaged it from the bottom of the ocean that will inevitably cover the Earth. Or by then it might be on Disney Plus, who knows.

@Snatcher for real it does have a kind of fun FPS section. The problem is you had to sit through the entire movie to watch it lol. Definitely worth a look on youtube.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Solaine

Is there really something like a genuinely good movie with Video games as source material?

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

GianCann

Are there those who have watched the French Dispatch?

GianCann

jump

@Losermagnet On the topic of FP movies, have you seen Hardcore Henry? It's an action flick which is filmed entirely in first person, it's okay (not bad, not great) but it's worth a watch just because of how it's filmed.

Nicolai wrote:

Snatcher

@Solaine Does wreck it Ralph count?

Solaine

@Snatcher I wouldn't let that one count. It is pretty much its own idea with some references here and there. I admit i liked it back then, although the second movie was one of the worst movies i have seen in a while... Maybe i should revisit the first and see if i like it still

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

BruceCM

I've seen that 1, @Losermagnet .... Not enough of a fan of the series to say how well it represented them but it was a fun watch

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic