Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 1,861 to 1,880 of 6,550

jedgamesguy

Apologies, @jump I've been on high alert today because of April Fools jokes. It's almost the end of the day and I haven't been tricked so it's been a clinical experience.

So will the Ghost of Tsushima film, I have faith it'll be a very good experience.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

RR529

@jump, yeah, I think they're starting to add more adult content outside the US (I think they recently added Family Guy in Canada & a few other countries), but within the States I think they're still segregating that kind of content to Hulu, which they also own.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

BabyYoda71

@RR529 I know very little about Hulu, so I guess I was just comparing it to Star, which has nothing specifically for kids haha.

@ToadBrigade I’m really excited for some of them! Unfortunately, I won’t be able to watch any of the Spider-Man movies since they’re not on Disney+. I originally watched Black Panther when it came out, but now it’ll probably be even better since I’ll recognize the characters.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

BabyYoda71

@RR529 Star is basically Hulu for all the other countries.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

jump

@RR529 Family Guy is part of Star on Disney+ in Canada which is where they are keeping their miscreant shows and movies from now on.

It's disgusting, there's this one part where Samuel L Jackson uses racial slurs and then talks about sexual relations with a parent, there's a propaganda film about monkey evolution on some planet and Jason Lee is promoting an Indian religion!

DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

WoomyNNYes

I watched Automata, a sci-fi flick with Antonio Banderas. It was good enough for me to watch the whole thing - scratched my itch for a new sci-fi movie.

Side note: I thought that American Gods series is decent.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

jump

@WoomyNNYes What season of American Gods are you on? I loved the book and the first season is great (although they did grag out the Mr. Wednesday reveal) but season 2 was pish so I'm lacking the enthusiasm to watch season 3.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

WoomyNNYes

@jump I watched seasons 1 & 2 during STARZ channel preview, which ended before I could see season 3. So, I guess I'm waiting for season 3 to stream somewhere.

EDIT: I think I saw episodes 1 & 2 of season three, before the STARZ preview eneded, and I wanted to see more.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

jump

@WoomyNNYes apparently season 3 is an improvement but it’s still got cancelled. I’m surprised it didn’t get cancelled sooner with all the stories about racism, being over budget, recasting etc backstage.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Magician

Began watching the Snyder Cut of Justice League.

I think roughly twelve of the first fifteen minutes of this four-hour version are all slow motion.

Ugh, there's art, and then there's overindulgence.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jedgamesguy

@Magician I’m on the fence about watching that film. It’s way too long for me though, I couldn’t even watch Tenet twice and that was a measly 2h30

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

MsJubilee

I finished watching the Josstice League version and the Synder Cut, and I have to say I don't know how any WB executive let Josh get away with so much. He butchered the film to the point it became a laughing stock. The man single handily killed the DCEU. Well, that's what you get when you hire a creep like Josh Widen. Poor Gal Gadot had to deal with this guy for gods know how long.

The Synder cut isn't perfect, but it's a massive improvement over the original cringefest, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I also loved Stephens Wolf's puppy eyes. Reminded me of a cute pitbull. I don't think Zach Synder is a great director, but the executives taking advantage of the tragedy that struck Synder is absolutely disgusting. No one deserves that.

I also watched the Sonic movie. It was okay—your typical kids' movie.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

jump

@MsJubilee Joss Whedon killing the DCEU is an overstatement, it was pretty much dead on arrival. Joss Whedon took over with the notes on not doing what so many people hated about Synder’s Batman v Superman which he did. There’s also plenty of people who were bullying still within the Warner Bros like Geoff Johns who sadly would be one of the better people to be DC’s Feegie to actually make a connected DC movie universe.

Even with this being a directors cut they still couldn’t handle it right with it being turned into a mini-series only for the last second to turn it into a movie hence the disgusting run time.

For as much fanfare as The Snyder Cut is getting, which is an average movie replacing another average movie, Birds Of Prey doing so-so is far more disappointing to me. It looks visually amazing from the shots, costumes, stages and action and I wanted to see more of the characters. At least The New Suicide Squad movie seems like it could be cool.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

VoidofLight

I honestly can’t remember when it was the last time that I watched a movie. I think it might’ve been “No Country for Old Men”, but I’m unsure.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

FroZtedFlake

Lol The Space Jam: A New Legacy trailer just came out yesterday and it's basically looking like the warner bros version of ready player one, not holding out high hopes at all. Also need this confirmed but is Rathalos seen in the scene with Iron Giant? If you watch the 2:37 trailer it's at 1:41 - 1:42

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

WoomyNNYes

It's the future, @FroZtedFlakerZz. We can totally post youtube trailers here. It's amazing! Just messing with ya, and posting the trailer for others, if they want to see.

I wish Looney Tunes used delivery style more like the classic cartoons. When yosammity sam shoots daffy duck in the face(in the trailer), they killed the timing, and inject unneeded sassy-ness. The original cartoon Rabbit Fire was a comedic masterpiece example, but the trailer trashed that comedic formula. Sigh.

In the end, I think this new trailer looks a bit cooler than the OG space jam.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Link-Hero At 1:23 in the the new movie trailer, yosammity sam shoots daffy in the face, (more or les). So, the violence seems like it's still there, in this case. The comedic timing and delivery are terrible. Gotta un-funny things for the children In general, thought, today vs classic cartoon days, gotta protect the children. I think you're right.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

RR529

@FroZtedFlakerZz, I think it's a dragon from Game of Thrones. At an earlier point in the trailer when LeBron falls into "Tune World", he passes by the GoT world.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

FroZtedFlake

@RR529 Ahh I see that'd make more sense

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic