Forums

Topic: Games ruined by difficulty.

Posts 101 to 114 of 114

Shotgunryugan

brooks83 wrote:

I'm pretty close to adding La-Mulana to this list.

It's really not that difficult at all,it's personally one of my favorite indie games.

I am a bit surprised by some of the games mentioned in this topic,Majora's Mask,Sin & Punishment and Super Mario World...really!?

Anyway for me it's definitely the SNES Star Wars games,the NES BattleToads game and Earthworm Jim 2(i tried liking this game so much,especially being a fan of the first game).
and obviously Superman 64

Pokemon X-Electric Safari: Pikachu/Pachirisu/Luxio
http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/images/WaluigiAndSushi.png

3DS Friend Code: 3625-8855-6496 | Nintendo Network ID: Shotgunryugan

yvonaukon

Well I really hated the controls of the Metroid Prime games.

yvonaukon

WesCash

yvonaukon wrote:

Well I really hated the controls of the Metroid Prime games.

GC or Wii controls?

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

KAHN

^^probably GC., and i agree. reminded me of the DOOM controls on SNES.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

JohnDoe123

Strange, I found the other bosses difficlut, but fairly manageable Maybe that's why this one is so hard to me.
I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I looked it up and apparantly other people had difficulty as well.
I prefer easy games to hard games, by far.

JohnDoe123

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0286-9394

KAHN

i prefer harder games. harder games can improve your hand-eye coordination, and are funner to play because they offer challenge. easy games are too breezy and don't offer anything other than graphics and story, whereas the gameplay sinks to the ocean floor. harder games can offer the whole lot, graphics, story, and gameplay.

KAHN

CanisWolfred

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

i prefer harder games. harder games can improve your hand-eye coordination, and are funner to play because they offer challenge. easy games are too breezy and don't offer anything other than graphics and story, whereas the gameplay sinks to the ocean floor. harder games can offer the whole lot, graphics, story, and gameplay.

You're implying challenge is the indicator of good gameplay. I can assure that's not true.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KAHN

Jon_Talbain wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

You're implying challenge is the indicator of good gameplay. I can assure that's not true.

i apologize, that's not at all what i meant to imply. i was speaking about two topics, really. in that statement about gameplay, i was not talking about challenge, though it was my fault for writing sloppily. i'll have to edit the original comment to make it clear... later...

KAHN

TheDreamingHawk

Jon_Talbain wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

If there is fun value, it's not all important. So I agree.

Sadly Pokepark wii was SO easy that I couldn't even have fun. Lose a game? "Try again!" OVER AND OVER. NO CHALLENGE, TOO EASY, NO HARD MODE. Therefore it's a terrible game IMO. KEY had a similar problem, but the extra games with the neighbors and the furniture were the reasons I sorta like that game.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

LzWinky

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

While I respect opinions, I totally disagree with this statement. Also, what does difficulty have to do with graphics and story?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Kujo1597

I'm not sure if "ruined" is quite correct but I found Mimana Iyar Chronical far too easy. I don't really want to get the other endings because everything dies so easily and although there are no dungeons maps I find them easy to navigate when I'm drawing myself a map. Except for the one in the tree, that one can go to hell. Stupid warping around and having barely any landmarks... Well, I guess the easy navigation can be solved by not drawing a map. But then I'd be over leveled which leads into my next point.

• The final boss was also super disappointing because it was so easy. It had one attack that could kill your entire party if you don't equip them correctly, sure, but he never attacks, and when he does he hardly does a thing except for that one move. So you just stand there wailing on him. All the bosses were like that with the exception of the first one.[/em]

The only thing that makes me want to play it again is the characters. I really enjoyed them, especially Melrose.

As for too difficult...I can't really think of anything. Magaki almost ruins King of Fighters XI for me but I have too much fun before getting to him to really care. Plus I have beaten him so I know it's possible and I do enjoy an uphill battle. I main Dan Hibiki in every game he's in after all.

Edited on by Kujo1597

I draw Final Fantasy 2 comics and other stuffs: My Colors! 3D Gallery
Current Avatar: Transformers Prime inspired Perceptor
Currently Playing: Tales of Eternia, Pokémon White...

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.