Forums

Topic: Game Awards 2021

Posts 81 to 100 of 103

VoidofLight

@NintendoByNature I'm surprised nothing happened at all honestly. I figured we'd get one or two switch games.. but nope.. nothing. At least we got confirmation that BotW 2 is still releasing next year, given that it was included in a trailer for games releasing in 2022.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

RR529

The awards themselves were fine. I'm happy to see Metroid Dread & Tales of Arise take home awards, It Takes Two seems like a fine winner for GotY (probably won't play it since co-op is so central to it, but I thought it looked cool from day one & it's cool to see a platformer of all things win), and I found it hilarious that Guardians of the Galaxy of all things beat out all the artsy story games for best narrative. Varied winners all around.

As for the reveals, just another reminder that I'm getting further & further away from the audience these shows are trying to cater to. It says something when Sonic & Halo movie/tv trailers were probably my favorite announcements. Cautiously optimistic for Sonic Frontiers though, and maybe that Space Marine game if it's single player. Star Wars: Eclipse & Wonder Woman could be worth keeping an eye on, but they're just CG trailers for now.

Show's still way too long, too. At least they relegated the vast majority of the eSports/influencer awards to a quick fire segment in the pre-show.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

BruceCM

Huh, FFVII Remake Intergrade coming to EGS .... Hopefully, the Steam version follows in 6 months Kill the Justice League looks good & Wonder Woman getting her own game is great
Quantic Dream Star Wars? Probably up for that & the 2 games by Telltale, so I'm happy

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Losermagnet

Me, reacting to the Game Awards:

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

iKhan

Yahtzee had a couple of videos recently about how all games these days are either open world or linear story action games like Uncharted, and I'm starting to feel like he's right.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

MsJubilee

I can't believe Wonder Woman is getting a game before Superman. Superman 64 must-have screwed Warner Bros to the point that they're terrified at the idea of giving The man of tomorrow another shot.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

VoidofLight

@BruceCM I sadly doubt they'll do a Steam version, and it's a shame.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Vortexeo

@BruceCM I was really hoping for a steam version as well. I just looked at the epic games store and it's starting at $70...oof

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

BruceCM

Oh, they will, @VoidofLight & @Vortexeo .... Whether that's in 6 months or another year, it's bound to happen As much as I want to play that game, I won't get it otherwise!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Vortexeo

@BruceCM Haha same! I already waited this long, so it won't kill me to wait a little more

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Matt_Barber

Eel wrote:

Super Man has had enough disappointing games. It’s Wonder Woman’s turn.

A quick check on Wikipedia tells me that there have been no less than 17 Superman games over the years and we've yet to see one rise above the level of mediocrity. That's at least if you don't count the further 11 that he's in but not as the primary character, such as some of the Lego DC ones.

The last named Superman game was in 2006 though, so I reckon we'll see another before too long. Given that track record though, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Matt_Barber

Eel

Turns out that making a game centered around a character that is supposed to be perfect and invincible results in either something that is too boring for the player, or something that goes against the entire premise of the character.

Sometimes it's both!

Wonder Woman is pretty much the same type of character, so I do hope they manage to make something interesting.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@Eel I just don't understand why They never just give you villains on supermans level of strength, There are many Villains out there that have given superman a hard time.

(I don't really read the comics but i'm sure of it.)

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Matt_Barber

I'd think the main problem with adapting comic characters to video games is that they come with eighty-odd years of accumulated lore that you absolutely must adhere to, otherwise the license deal is off.

Matt_Barber

MsJubilee

You guys haven't read any comics, and it shows, hahaha.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Eel

Neither do the people that make the games most of the time

Anyhow, unless the games are supposed to be based on any specific arc or something, they're usually condensed into the lowest-common-denominator version of the character/universe. So it's not like it matters a lot.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@MsJubilee I think I'm going to at some point, I think it like there characters a little bit more them marvel.

@Eel Means we're never getting a flash game That will actually be good LMAO. But no, how would you actually Put him in a game and not make him OP?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic