Forums

Topic: Everything Marvel (Movies, Games, Comics, ect...)

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 1,574

blindsquirrel

@EaglyBird
I personally think the Dharverse will have an excellent Avengers team. The MCU better watch out.

Currently playing: Pokemon Soul Silver, Mario RPG
Enos 1:15

blindsquirrel

@EaglyBird
That’s not even a knock on Disney, it’s hard for anyone to reach Dhars care and production.

blindsquirrel

@EaglyBird
He’s just ahead of the curve. The Superheroes fighting random school bullies genre is going to take off any moment.

blindsquirrel

@EaglyBird
Until further notice DC isn’t canon to the Dharverse. If it is though, I have confidence that Arrow will teach those bullies who is boss.

@Kermit1
You’re getting ahead of yourself. That one is lined up to end phase 3.

blindsquirrel

@EaglyBird
Vegetables and chimichangas are pretty much the same from a certain point of view.

@Kermit1
He would save the day by choking out the bully with a piece of brocoli.

D20Nat20

ok I know i'll get ridiculed for my views but meh

Been a marvel fan since the 1990s my dad had most of the 1970s marvel uk line which i aquired not long before he died i sadly had to down size to 4 grab bag speical and the complete original captain britain

I grew up on 60s 70s 80s 90s and early 2000s and to me late 80s to mid 90s was peak marvel you had nomad,beta ray bill,2099,thor corps,ultimate(like og ultimate) and it wasn't taken as serriously you had less tie in story arcs and a better logo and better art(subjective i guess) and a bigger uk exclusive range from the card cover reprints where you got 2 to storys per book) to 2 variants of collected edtions

Also 60s to 70s stuff looked way better in black and white

Movies wise i enjoy the mcu but phase 1 and pre mcu was way better than post phase 1

The hulk tv show is still amazing as are all 3 punisher films

Daredevil and the fantastic 4 movies are great but f4antstic(or what ever you call the latest 1 was crap)

X-men 1 and 2 are peak xmen and you know what i like the barakapool in xmen origins

Mutant x and generation x i also liked

Oh and i miss movie tie in books and comics

D20Nat20

blindsquirrel

When Did Disney edit the opening credits of Black Panther? ( the little Marvel logo at the beginning.) it’s just clips of T’challa, which I get is to honor Chadwick Bozeman, but a little strange when they have clips from Infinity war in it.

Edited on by blindsquirrel

D20Nat20

EaglyBird wrote:

@D20Nat20 eh I'd say thats not too unpopular of a view. Personally outside of the guardians trilogy, Hit monkey, MODOK, winter soilder, endgame/infinity war, iron man 3, moon girl and Ragnarok I could leave most MCU content
I also intend to watch DD at some point

It started great with incredible hulk acting as a soft reboot to hulk,iron man was amazing,Captain america was great and thor was cool and avengers[assemble] was good but as soon as it started being "hey mr stark the plot of iron man 5 is we need to kill the villians who survied in civil war 2:return of the house of M" i was like not for me

The 3 spiderman films are good even though i didn't really get why iron man played a big part i guess they made this a modern peter parker

D20Nat20

D20Nat20

EaglyBird wrote:

@D20Nat20 I do have a fondness for the original lineup of the avengers it was definitely a great lighting in a bottle scenario because I didn’t feel overwhelmed as there were 4 movies over a 4 year period to set avengers up. It was enough to feel exciting without feeling like you were doing homework. And the humor still felt fresh instead of played out attempts to recreate gotg to mostly messy results. But it just kept expanding and now there is just too much mediocre and bad content that isn’t worth watching.
My thought was tony was meant to be this incarnations of spider man’s uncle ben. And it mostly made sense

Yeah i get the ben idea

Professor hulk was a bad move tbh kind of sad how lou no longer voices hulk to me Lou is Hulk as he did the tv show the cartoon and 3 films(6 if we include the tv films)

I do like the 2003 hulk no wait i loved it Eric was great as bruce nick was great as his dad and the mocap for hulk was (don't make me)Ang Lee

D20Nat20

DiamondCore

Loki season 2 episode 5 spoilers:

How to get infinite power in the MCU:
1. Find a house in a place were you go when banished
2. Have a friend kill the owner
3. Have the friend take the owners’ cool space-time continuum toy and open a portal back to where you last were
4. BAM! You can now go anywhere in time for free!
In all seriousness, this episode is so damn good and that bar scene with Loki and Sylvie is one of the standout moments the entire show
That spaghetti scene at the end was also somehow more dramatic then the snap

Edited on by DiamondCore

Pretty much inactive
-=-=-=-
Development (B)log: https://diamondcore.itch.io/monochromia-dcs
Reviews: https://letterboxd.com/diamondcore/
Currently Playing: Suprisingly, nothing.

card-crunch78

On the one hand, it'd be super cool for "Spidey and his Amazing Friends" to get a reference in the MCU...

...on the OTHER hand, I'm not sure I like the idea of the preschool Spidey team getting involved in a universe that frequently sheds blood and argues about morality and who's in the wrong, so...scratch that idea.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

D20Nat20

EaglyBird wrote:

@D20Nat20 yeah I loved him in the original show and they never really touched on the ramifications of professor hulk. I really thought the were setting up maestro but then nothing ever came of it other than everyone finding him vaguely weird and unnerving. I guess now that “the multiverse”’is a thing we can have lou’s hulk show up in the movies but I wouldn’t bet on it
I definitely have a lot of nostalgia for 2003 hulk however I don’t remember it that much outside of the pretty great final showdown

2003 hulk was very story focused with only a few hulk outs but the one i loved was "Talbet your making me angry" "oh really?"
What i want from the multiverse is 2003 and 2008 hulk to be acknowledged as there own universes(i know 2008 is ment to be mcu but mark is so different" and for the tv versions ect to be shown in cgi or something ... Lets face it bixbys banner and nicks spiderman would be 60 at least by now mabie even release new non mcu versions insteadof recasting actors who leave

D20Nat20

D20Nat20

EaglyBird wrote:

@D20Nat20 yeah every hulk out there felt earned and powerful I should probably re watch it to get my memories of it straight because of how long it’s been
Well all the hulks are supposed to be the mcu banner both what if and she hulk confirms it. 2008 is kind of a sequel to 2003. But 2008 and the MCU ignore the events but acknowledge others so I think it’s best to say some version of 2003 happened in the mcu but it’s not 1:1. It would be much simpler just to use the multiverse to fix what is a rather messy situation

Yeah the thing with the multiverse is the MCU can really diversify its storytelling with how homogenized everything feels would it be hard to maybe have an M rated univese or a tv universe and bring em together for special cinematic events?

Yeah hulk has 2 sequels in a way the game which skips waaay past the south america bit and ih which picks up in sa but has a tv hulk origin so i guess this in a way alluded to a multiverse where certain things cross over

Heres my ideas a spiderman tv show with organic webbing spidey sense BUT he has to make the suit to climb walls etc

A hulk tv show that is a soft reboot of bixbys bruce banner eithr where hulk comes back to life but evolves or it ignores death of the hulk and it features the foremented spiderman and its own she hulk in 2 made for tv films

Do a script that convinces affleck to do daredevil 2 but write kingpin out as he died irl

And just more 2000s era style films

D20Nat20

Kermit1doesmath

Um, so maybe don't google Loki's son if you don't wanna be spoiled for Loki S2 possibly...

dysgraphia awareness human

blindsquirrel

Kermit1 wrote:

Um, so maybe don't google Loki's son if you don't wanna be spoiled for Loki S2 possibly...

All it came up with was that big wolf from Thor Ragnarok.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic