Forums

Topic: Everything DC (Movies, Games, Comics, etc...)

Posts 821 to 840 of 1,460

Tasuki

HawkeyeWii wrote:

@Kawaii_Neko Sorry i must have never noticed it. I just watched it though and it was pretty funny haha. Gotta love those Arnold one-liners.
"The ice age cometh!"
"Everyone Chill!"

Which was one of the reasons the movie did so bad.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

HawkeyeWii

@Tasuki Yeah definitely one of the worst super hero movies I have ever seen. I actually categorize it right where I categorize the 1960's Batman TV show. In the Comedy genre. I think that is what the Director of Batman and Robin was trying to do, if not... that is just embarrassing.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

shingi_70

Batman and Robin is so dumb its awesome.

Picked up all my comics this week. Lois Lane was Dope as hell.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

MuchoMochi

Anybody else find it annoying whenever a film has the logo DC comics when it's based on Superman, Batman, etc.? Detective Comic Comics.... -_-

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

shingi_70

Flash costume for the TV series.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

MonocledMetroid

MuchoMochi wrote:

Anybody else find it annoying whenever a film has the logo DC comics when it's based on Superman, Batman, etc.? Detective Comic Comics.... -_-

The comics have the logo like that too, so the actual Detective Comics series is technically Detective Comics Comics' Detective Comics.

MonocledMetroid

shingi_70

Yep plus a new comic based on Ofnte crisis was announced. I wonder how long they Plan Gotham to go for with such a young Bruce.

WAT!

Tasuki

shingi_70 wrote:

Yep plus a new comic based on Ofnte crisis was announced. I wonder how long they Plan Gotham to go for with such a young Bruce.

I am sure as long as its pulling in the numbers they will keep it going. I know some people are saying that it will flop cause it's more about young Bruce Wayne and that we wont see Batman at all but look at how popular Smallville was, that's how I see this show as Batman's version of Smallville (ironically its called Gotham as well).

My Backlog

WesCash

Clark Kent had superpowers, that's probably why Smallville was successful. I'm not sure what exactly a young Bruce Wayne is going to be doing that people will want to watch. There's only so many interesting things that a rich, sad, orphan boy can do. I suppose if the story focuses more on Gotham City itself it might be interesting. It would have to be more than just a typical police-drama though.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

Tasuki

WesCash wrote:

Clark Kent had superpowers, that's probably why Smallville was successful. I'm not sure what exactly a young Bruce Wayne is going to be doing that people will want to watch. There's only so many interesting things that a rich, sad, orphan boy can do. I suppose if the story focuses more on Gotham City itself it might be interesting. It would have to be more than just a typical police-drama though.

From what I have read it's suppose to be more about Gordon and Batman's rogues gallery more then Bruce Wayne, that's where people are getting confused I think or thinking that this is another Batman origin story. I think it focuses more on why the city needs Batman more then anything.

My Backlog

WesCash

Alright, cool. I'm much more excited now. There's definitely a lot of material they could adapt in order to explore Gotham and its inhabitants.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

Tasuki

WesCash wrote:

Alright, cool. I'm much more excited now. There's definitely a lot of material they could adapt in order to explore Gotham and its inhabitants.

Yeah even if it was there is probably nothing that Bruce can do right now since he is only a child and is still in the morning phase. Another thing that I have read is that Bruce's parents have just been murdered or will be murdered which ever way we wont see Batman anytime soon and honestly they dont want it to be that way since there are ton of Batman origin material already.

My Backlog

HawkeyeWii

Very mad that the new Akham game is not coming to Wii U. I am seriously thinking about getting a PS4.
Is this new Gotham TV show going to be a younger version of Ben Affleck's Bruce Wayne?

Twitter:

shingi_70

That would have been the smart thing to do but Gotham is going to be standalone from everything else. Now the question will Constatine factor into the DC movieverse since Gullmerio del torro is working on a Justice League dark film.

Going to try and get into Superman/Batman since they'll be filming in my City starting in May.

Crazy awesome trailer for the last part of Arrow in reposne to Agents of Shield Uprising.

Most Interesting on how much of a push DC is giving deathstroke and Suicide Squad. It plays into the bleedingcool rumor that this years big news is DC's way to get more films in place.

leeding Cool already mentioned how, with David Goyer attached, Warners were looking at movie treatments for the likes of Suicide Squad, Booster Gold, Deathstroke, Team 7 and more.

Well, it looks like this will be DC Entertainment’s big news for 2014.

A series of lower-prominence comic books being turned into relatively lower budget movies.

Suicide Squad is one specifically mentioned as only needing a $40 million budget, pre-marketing. Some could be made for as little as $20 million.

And with two-a-year scheduled for Spring and Fall/Autumn, Warners can expand the Man Of Steel/Batman universe significantly, and make a decent profit in the process.

So… what comics do you want to get made at that level?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/02/spring-and-fall-the-ne...

We already have a deathstroke that's really popular with the fans as well as a Suicide Squad being hit in both with cast all ready and full to go. On a Arrow point of View we know that Ollie was on the island for five years and this season will wrap up slade's part of the island story and he obviousy won't die at the end of season, freeing Manu up for a deathstroke film. The same can be said about the Sucide Squad and the nature of the title only needs Amanda Waller to be honest.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

It makes a ton of sense, when you realize that Man of Steel 2 was delayed a year, to throw two low budget films in the mix.

Funny moment from this month's forever evil
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

SavoirFaire

I enjoyed Forever Evil 6, but, as always, it seems like Johns has 2-3 issues of material he could play with and only 1 issue to do it, glossing over a lot of potential. That is my biggest compliment and complaint about Johns: he gets your imagination going well with what he does, but then the payoff isn't as good as you had hoped. I was expecting the prisoner to be who he was, but I can certainly say I was surprised by how it was played. Fun issue, and I hope to see this series turned into a movie ala Justice League: War, as I think it could be done well (but likely need a PG-13 rating).

I still need to get into Arrow, but I would personally love a Suicide Squad show, with a short-season format based on various squads. Get together the villains, get to know them a bit, send them on a mission, mission goes awry, they improv and sorta come out on top, season over. It would be a great way to introduce DC's lower tier, non-batman villains without having to resort to time wasted in movies. I just don't feel the squad is a movie-level team, but I can at least be hopeful since that seems to be DC's direction.

However I'd much prefer a Secret Six ongoing series. That is my most-missed series since the new 52 reboot.

SavoirFaire

Nintendo Network ID: rdean1209

Tasuki

I would like to see a movie based off of the Deathstroke character on Arrow. I am really enjoying Manu's portrayal of Deathstroke alot.

My Backlog

shingi_70

With the news of Harley Quinn Potentially being in the Suicide Squad episoide of Arrow it seemed time for a Avatar change.

WAT!

HawkeyeWii

I have been subscribing to (Batman) for about a year and a half now and I noticed that I have read a single "Detective Comics" yet, so I just received Detectice Comics Vol. 1, Vol. 2, a mint condition issue #1.
I ordered issue #27 too, so that should be coming soon as well.

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic