Forums

Topic: E3 2021 Predictions!!!

Posts 1 to 20 of 311

Blooper987

Since E3 is rapidly approaching and we all enjoy a bit of speculation, I thought we could all put our general predictions here and see who can get the closest! I’ll start it off!

Donkey Kong: I think the rumors are somewhat true. There will be one coming soon, but I don’t think everything that’s been said about them will turn out true.

Super Mario Party 2: I think the update was to test how online would work in a Mario party game so that they could get the finishing touches on it. I’ll probably end up a bit disappointed by it overall like every Mario party.

SSBU Fighter pack 10: I think we’ll only get one fighter announced here. I’m nowhere near certain who it’s gonna be but some general guesses are a new capcom or bamco rep.

Kirby: No gameplay shown. Just gonna tell us it’s a new step for the Kirby series and more will be shown next year.

No Metroid at all: No 2D Metroid, no trilogy, no prime 4. Unless they start showing some of their games for late next year, cause i think a 2D Metroid could happen then.

No Botw 2: I think we’ll get a big Zelda specific direct around august that shows off a bit of botw 2 and it gets a release date of late next year. Maybe they’ll mention it here but no trailer.

Bayonetta 3: Trailer and release date for early next year.

Mario + Rabbids 2: no clue what this will be but I think it’s coming late this year.

Rundown: NMH3, Just Dance 2022, monster Hunter stories 2, hollow knight silksong, etc.

No Fire Emblem: Maybe next year or something but not this one.

One More Thing: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 releasing 2022

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Snatcher

My predictions are,
1. Anything, nothing but pure surprise's, a new game series, or a part two to a game.

2. Smash bros' fighter's, they my show off the last two fighter's and this is just wishfull thinking, BUUUUUUUUT a Fighter's pass 3?

3. Mario OD 2 please nintendo, make it happen.

4. 3d kirby/DK game's (Or game) That are kinda like BOTW or Mario OD.

5. Now this one is only for E3 but, if there doing E3 online this year, then hopefully, to make up for the lack of E3 demo's, they will do digital E3 demo's for the Eshop, please I want it to happen, you might get to try all the new game coming out this year (Or the next) like the pokemon remake's and splatoon 3,

and this doesn't need to be just for first party games on the switch, there could be the 3rd party game's like sonic, Capcom, Indie's, and much more.

and thats all I have for this list, oh I forgot mario kart 9.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

I feel like BotW 2 is the only thing that is likely of being there, with anything else being a nice surprise, given that BotW 2 was confirmed to get news sometime this year, and e3 is the best time to reveal stuff about it.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jump

@VoidofLight Lol I remember you telling me it literally wasn't possible for them to show BOTW2 at E3 as Skyward Sword is out in July and they wouldn't want to upstage it or something like that.

I will just copy this until I figure one out later;

jump wrote:

My prediction of Nintendo's E3 Direct.

Doshin The Giant 2! OMG!
Tom Clancy for Smash!
Animal Crossing Brie Larson DLC, you can have her as a visitor to your island plus have a re-enactment of the Oscar winning movie Room!
John Madden for Smash!
Metroid Prime 4 will take heavy inspiration from Federation Force including for both gameplay and art style!
Human: Fall Flat's Bob for Smash plus a reminder that it's sold millions more copies than the entire Metroid series combined!
And that’s not all, it’s the Metroid port people are frothing about, Other M!
Balan for Smash!
There’s 30 minutes showcasing Style Savvy!
Spider-Man for Smash!
The exclusive Resident Evil is shown and it will be set as a direct sequel to 6 with none of the scary stuff from 7 and Village!
Goku for Smash!
2020’s surprise hit gets a sequel, Clubhouse Games: 52!
Shrek for Smash!
Labo VR support is added to DOOM and Postal!
Tony Hawk for Smash!
There’s one last Wii U port, Star Fox Zero and you need the Wii U Gamepad to play it on Switch!
SMT's Mara for Smash!
Mother 3 finally comes to the West with nothing to worry about localizing/censoring issues as it’s still in Japanese!
Brie Larson for Smash!
Following the success of Pokken Tournament there's now a Pokemon-Mortal Kombat crossover!
Custer's Revenge for Smash!
Persona 5 is ported…to the Xbox!
One of the boring modern day people from Assassin's Creed for Smash!
The Microsoft Nintendo collaboration is revealed...it's Rare coming home with a Kinect Sports port!
Nintendo's "love" hotel from the 60s for Smash!
Grezzo have been hard at work on another Zelda remake, It’s Link’s Crossbow Training HD! Happy 35th birthday!
Leisure Suit Larry for Smash!
One more thing...please understand BOTW 2 has been cancelled!

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

@jump I think I said that it was a possibility of that happening, but I think I remember I said I hope it doesn't happen?

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

GrailUK

@Blooper987 Oh, I love your 'one last thing' xx

Ok, here's my fan fiction. Please fasten your seatbelts and keep your hands in the ride at all times.

• Master Chief Finishes the Fight
  • Microsoft bring Halo trilogy and Rare Replay (-360 games +Gamecube/DK Racing)
  • Mother Remake. (Using the Link's Awakening engine - it'll look just like the tourist guide.) (Sorry No Mother3)
  • Donkey Kong's Odyssey. (Mario and Cappy have been kidnapped.)
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Mario Kart 8 DLC more racers, block fort and themed tracks. Ultimate edition featuring all the dlc available to buy in stores.
  • Metroid update. 2D game next month. Trilogy later in year. 4 is still 2 years away.
  • Zelda section featuring Wind Waker HD and 8 second Breath of the Wild 2 teaser ending with 2022
  • Kuru Kuru Kururin World
  • SEGA Virtual Arcade - Building 1, Building 2 and Building 3.
  • Third Party reel - with Super Monkey Ball 3 (nuff said) and some Konami games (MGS etc).
  • Wave Race Exotica
  • Monolith new IP. Less anime looking.

Would be nice.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

WoomyNNYes

Mario Kart 3000 Million
(I'm honestly not expecting Mario Kart, but I'd love a new game/content, it's overdue)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

GrailUK

@jump Lol! Literally EVERYONE is in Smash!!

RR529

First Party.

Smash: Next Fighters Pass release (Dante, Crash, or a Tales character).

Donkey Kong: If the rumours are true than the new DK game will launch Oct 2021 (furthermore, it'll come full circle & be tied to the Mario franchise in a way it hasn't been since before Country, maybe it'll include some form of New Donk City or Pauline, so it'll count as the "Mario" game for the holidays).

Mario: If the DK game isn't real, then we'll get Super Mario Party 2 in Oct 2021. I do think a new Mario Party is coming regardless, however if DK is real it'll be 2022 and be revealed in a later Direct.

Zelda: BotW2 trailer, releasing Dec 2021. SSHD reminder, with the announcement of some sort of small new gameplay/content addition (in the vien of something like amiibo support).

Pokemon: BD/SP in Nov 2021. New trailer for Legends, but no narrowing of the release window.

Metroid: Prime Trilogy HD OR a 2D Metroid in Aug or Sept 2021. Confirmation that Prime 4 is still a thing, but no trailer or release window.

Kirby: I think a new one is in the works, but won't be revealed at E3. Revealed at a later Direct & hitting 2022.

Bayonetta 3: Launching Oct 2021. It was announced in 2017 and every time development has been brought up it's been said to be going smoothly, so there's no reason this won't be a case of quick turnaround from full announcement to release. It has niche appeal, so will probably launch in the same month as a more mainstream title with little audience crossover (like DK, Mario, or Pokemon).

Monolith Soft: No Xenoblade, but that fantasy ARPG they've been working on since 2017 is revealed, launching 2022.

3rd Party.

Microsoft: I do think the Xbox rumours have some truth to them, but it won't be Game Pass. Probably something like the N64 Banjo and/or Perfect Dark game(s), or maaaybe the original Halo (remake or otherwise).

Square Enix: I think there was a Dragon Quest: Adventures of Dai tie in ARPG announced awhile back we haven't heard anything from in awhile? Maybe that pops back up. Otherwise I'd like to see more past gen ports (I've always been interested in trying Final Fantasy Type 0 HD).

Capcom: Probably a reminder of Monster Hunter Stories 2 & something Resident Evil. That Great Ace Attorney collection will probably be featured in the sizzle reel.

Bandai Namco: Just give me Tales. I've already played Abyss, Vesperia, Zestiria, & Berseria in some form or another, so give me Symphonia, Xillia, or Graces F. Oh, I guess some form of Ace Combat action is overdue as well, and I've always been interested in trying a Klonoa game (how about an HD collection of the Pac-Man World games while I'm talkin' platformers?).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Magician

Nintendo - SMT V release window announcement
MS - Starfield Game Pass exclusivity / release date announcement
Sony - Silent Hill announcement
Sega - Super Monkey Ball announcement
Bandai Namco - Ni No Kuni II Switch release window
Capcom - Resident Evil Switch announcement
Square Enix - Triangle Strategy release window
Marvelous - Rune Factory 5 release window

Those are the things I care about.

Anything else would be gravy...or sublime disappointment.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

GrailUK

Maybe Microsoft will bring back Shadowrun and have it cross play between Switch and XBox. Man I loved that game lol. Oh, and have the RPG remastered together with the sequel that was teased. Yeah, Shadowrun blow out. (Who needs Cyberpunk!)

GrailUK

And when are the Enix games going to get some love from Square?

Lugazz

I think they'll focus on Zelda SS HD therefore showing nothing of Zelda BoTW 2. Another big hitter will be announced. Zelda BotW 2 will get it's dedicated "Direct" after SS HD is released.

Something DK-related could be that big hitter! I'm also not expecting anything Metroid or Bayonetta. Probably we'll get some more info on Splatoon 3!

New fighter for Smash is a sure thing IMHO. I don't think a 3 wave will be announced. New DLC for Mario Kart, no way. A new Mario Party could indeed be a thing, coming holiday season.

If we do get anything from Monolith, my gosh I'll have a big smile for days and days

Edited on by Lugazz

Lugazz

Grumblevolcano

My predictions:

• Direct opens with Smash Challenger Pack 10 and its Jonesy from Fortnite launching June 2021
  • Like how Hero announcement was followed by DQXIS in 2019, Jonesy is followed by a Fortnite trailer which reveals a bunch of Nintendo themed content for Fortnite including Samus as a playable character
  • 3rd party games appearing that we know exist: DOOM Eternal, MH Rise, MH Stories 2, No More Heroes III, Disgaea 6, Ys IX, NEO TWEWY
  • 1st party games appearing that we know exist that isn't Smash: Age of Calamity, New Pokemon Snap, Mario Golf Super Rush, Skyward Sword HD, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl (Pokemon and Mario Golf are only covered briefly due to presentations pre-E3)
  • Unannounced 3rd party games: Rare Replay, a Resident Evil title, Mega Man Battle Network Collection, an "impossible" port similar to 2019 having Witcher 3, Sonic Colors, Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2, a few other games
  • Unannounced 1st party games: Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Metroid Prime Trilogy, NSO overhaul if not announced earlier, new Kirby game, next Monolith Soft title (the teased Medieval ARPG from years ago), 1 other game
  • Penultimate announcement is Smash Challenger Pack 11 with the character being Crash launching in fall 2021
  • Final announcement being new Switch revision and BotW 2 (kind of like how Microsoft followed Project Scarlett with Halo Infinite in 2019) or an unannounced game (no hardware)

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CITRONtanker

Here goes nothing.

Direct opens with Smash Challenger Pack 10, who is Dr. Eggman. This will coincide with Sega announcing the next Sonic game at their own presentation. He will launch in Early July (I'd say late June, but it would interfere with Mario Golf.)

More information on No More Heroes 3, and MH Stories 2, as well as other third parties, both announced and unannounced. If Doom Eternal is getting a physical release, I'd expect it would be there, too.

Some brief coverage of Mario Golf Super Rush, to prepare us for its launch later in the month.

Part 1 of Age of Calamity's DLC will finally get a trailer, and will release in August. Nintendo will also remind us of Skyward Sword HD right after, and transition that into a dual pack of Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD, which will launch late in July.

From one anniversary to another, Nintendo will finally reveal Metroid Prime Trilogy for Switch, which will launch in late August.

Midway through the show, Nintendo will give us our first look at what HAL has been teasing- which will be the first 3D Kirby game (unless you count Blowout Blast). The game will feature levels similar to those found in Super Mario Galaxy, and will support 4 player play. The game will be slated for a October release.

After that, we'll get some more 3rd party announcements. Fall Guys will also make a brief appearance, revealing special costumes for Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser, which will be available when the game releases on Switch. If Fortnite is in fact adding Samus, throw that in here, too.

Breaking up the third party announcements will be new information about Splatoon 3. It will focus heavily on multiplayer, explaining new weapons, maps, and other new features pertaining to it. This would be to prepare for the supposed Splatoon 3 tournament they're planning. We won't get any single player information, and the game will still have it's 2022 release window.

After this slew of third party announcements, we'll be suddenly dropped into another Smash trailer for Challenger Pack 11, which will reveal Crash Bandicoot, who will launch in September. We won't hear what the future holds for Ultimate at E3, more DLC or no. That will come in the Mr. Sakurai Presents show for Crash, whatever the verdict is.

And the show will close with the long awaited first look at the sequel to Breath of the Wild. We'll get the kitchen sink- a full trailer, with cinematics, gameplay, the reveal of 2-player co-op, a name, and a holiday 2021 release window. And a BOTW Zelda amiibo, please. We need that.

If Treehouse is there, it will focus primarily on Mario Golf Super Rush, Age of Calamity DLC, Splatoon 3, the new Kirby game, and BOTW 2.

Edited on by CITRONtanker

Buy Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Wargoose

Predicting what nintendo will show is next to impossible. Switch Pro is the only thing I'm really expecting. Hopefully with a joycon re-design, let's get rid of drift once and for all.

I'm hoping Baiken gets shown off as Samurai Shodown DLC.

Capcom shows a new Power Stone.
Sega shows a new Crazy Taxi.
Square-Enix shows FFVII Part 2
Obsidian remakes Fallout New Vegas
Namco announces Enslaved Odyssey to the West 2
THQ shows Timesplitters 4
The Wolf Among Us season 2 appears

Wargoose

SNED72

I agree on the demo part. Would be nice since its all online, and hey, who doesn't love when there's a demo for a game your considering?

Snatcher wrote:

My predictions are,
1. Anything, nothing but pure surprise's, a new game series, or a part two to a game.

2. Smash bros' fighter's, they my show off the last two fighter's and this is just wishfull thinking, BUUUUUUUUT a Fighter's pass 3?

3. Mario OD 2 please nintendo, make it happen.

4. 3d kirby/DK game's (Or game) That are kinda like BOTW or Mario OD.

5. Now this one is only for E3 but, if there doing E3 online this year, then hopefully, to make up for the lack of E3 demo's, they will do digital E3 demo's for the Eshop, please I want it to happen, you might get to try all the new game coming out this year (Or the next) like the pokemon remake's and splatoon 3,

and this doesn't need to be just for first party games on the switch, there could be the 3rd party game's like sonic, Capcom, Indie's, and much more.

and thats all I have for this list, oh I forgot mario kart 9.

SNED72

kkslider5552000

My predictions are:
-Donkey Kong game is only real if the "they're a 2nd team from the Mario Odyssey studio" part of the rumors is accurate
-BOTW2 will be there, if gameplay's not shown a Zelda Direct will happen later this year
-Super Mario Party 2
-a new Nintendo IP
-Metroid anything
-Arms 2 (YOU HEARD ME)
-Bayonetta 3 (finally)
-Megaman 12
-2 big non-Sonic Sega announcements, one at Nintendo, one at Microsoft
-Microsoft will be heavily focused on first party games
-FFXVI trailer, gameplay later in the year
-Fallout port/s to Switch
-Starfield
-Devolver Digital will have the best conference for the 5th year in a row

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

jedgamesguy

Ah goody, the E3 2021 prediction thread has risen. My approach to this in the few times I've done it is to be conservative but have room for at least one surprise. Nintendo always love to begin and end their E3 Directs with an announcement nobody expected. They kinda do that in general but E3's a very important trade event for them.

In 2019 it was the reveal of Banjo & Kazooie, and ended with Xenoblade DE, a game I had honestly expected to remain stranded on Wii. In 2018 Super Smash Bros was shown, though that wasn't a surprise. The show began with Daemon * Machina, and ended with the reveal of Ridley, which I expect was pretty big.

But this only applies to Nintendo, in this I'll also focus on companies I've gotten more invested in, like Square Enix. So...

• Breath of the Wild sequel. We've been asked to expect a bigger reveal this year, and I hope we get it. The game's been in development for almost three years now (when Creating a Champion was published in 2018 it contained an interview with Aonuma saying the next game in the series had started development) and I suspect it'll be bigger than just reusing the world map if it's taking this long. In terms of release date I'd guess it would come out in March 2022, five years after Breath of the Wild.
  • Final Fantasy XVI will be revealed or at least teased. They stated that it was more likely that it would be showcased this year, and hopefully the game can come along smoothly for a 2022 release, maybe in the middle of the year. The game looks fantastic, so rushing it will be a crime.
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake: Part 2. Or as I like to call it, FF7: Rebirth. The PS5 version of the original, with the Yuffie story content, releases on June 10, ie. BEFORE E3 2021 itself takes place. So releasing another trailer for an enhanced port of a 1-year old game would feel very cheap. Plus I doubt the entire FF7R team is developing this, since it was built in Unreal Engine 4 it may have been outsourced. Square has two teams working now; Naoki Yoshida's team on FF16, and Tetsuya Nomura/Yoshinori Kitase on FF7R.
  • Both Smash fighters are revealed, ending the three year hype train that made some people go mad with rage and others withdraw from society in case their favourite Smash fighter didn't get announced. I've loved the amount of diversity that's gone into the Fighter's Pass but seeing people complain about Byleth, Pyra&Mythra, and even f*%£&g Sephiroth (?!) is horrible and at times unacceptable. So while I'm excited to see what Chef Sakurai's been brewing I'd like everyone to move on, and eventually grow to appreciate the fighters we have instead of b*tching.
  • Having said that I'd still need to predict who the fighters are. But I cant', it's too up in the air. I would just go with Crash but Nintendo and Sony in the public eye at least, don't have a relationship like Nintendo and Microsoft. It would be interesting though if the entire Famicom Detective Club project was a precursor for Sakurai realising his dream of getting Ayumi into Smash...
  • No Metroid Prime 4. It's still in development and nowhere near ready for public scrutiny.
  • Zelda's 35th Anniversary. Some form of legacy content, so in the most basic form, Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker have their Wii U ports bundled in a sixty dollar pack. If I were more optimistic I'd throw Ocarina of Time in but that game's aged horrendously in twenty years so I'm not entirely sure. Nintendo always regarded the Zelda series quietly, in terms of merch, bundles and so on, so I'm not sure if this'll even happen.
  • Shin Megami Tensei V. Something, since Atlus haven't made any changes to the 2021 release window, which is also simultaneous throughout all territories...
  • I'd love Metroid Prime: Trilogy, to tide people over before Metroid: Prime 4, but the Retro Studios developer brought up some very good points. Because it comes from a man who worked directly on the games I feel his word is very valuable, and because he isn't saying that it's totes gonna happen and all, he's getting all this hate.
  • Age of Calamity's DLC pack starts... I think May 28? So there'll be a period where there's literally nothing waiting for early adopters, and hopefully that period lasts for only two weeks.
  • I think Monolith have repurposed this medieval RPG, or changed it to a Xenoblade game. They've been very clear that they want to strengthen the Xenoblade IP, so releasing a non-related game is a poor move in that sense. I doubt Xenoblade X would have sold well if it wasn't released under the Xenoblade IP. And finally...
  • Xenoblade X'll get ported! Finally!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Blooper987

@GrailUK I think Mario Kart 8 dlc could actually happen. It’s sold a ton on copies and it could hold the fans over till the inevitable Mario kart 9. Also, if a new kuru kuru kururin game was announced that would be too amazing!

@Lugazz I completely agree with the Zelda stuff. I think a botw 2 trailer could certainly happen, but I also have my doubts. I think a dedicated event would get enough publicity for them to do it in august sometime.

@kkslider5552000 I think if an ARMS 2 were gonna happen it wouldn’t be this year. It seems that Nintendo may have quite a bit down the pipeline for this year. Next summer seems like a possibility to me though. After winding down with big Pokémon and Zelda games do a double header of Splatoon and arms in the summer months just like 2017.

@TheJGG I’m completely with you on the Xenoblade stuff. Even if it appears to be quite different from the main series, I would hardly be surprised to see that medieval game be part of the Xenoblade branding.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic