Forums

Topic: Coronavirus outbreak

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 1,530

Tasuki

I guess according to our Governor today if we stay at where we are with confirmed cases or go lower then California will fully open up again June 15th.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

WoomyNNYes

jump wrote:

@WoomyNNYes Well yeah but it's nothing to do with new variants since not all countries are being vaccinated at the same rate with even richer countries struggling and being vaccinated doesn't mean you're now automatically immune to it or not spreading it.

@jump That too. The world does need to be vaccinated. My point is, the speed at which variants can travel the globe is ridiculous, and seems so preventable. If a more deadly variant comes to UK from South America, and your current vaccines aren't effective, you're going to wonder "why aren't they restricting travel more?".

A week or two after the UK variant was discovered, it was found in the US, and that variant is on track to be the dominat variant, if it isn't already. The South African variant was discovered here in January-ish? I can't recall the other far-off variants that got here pretty quickly, but there's more. The freedom viruses have to cross the globe just seems to preventable.

Extreme bicycle rider
Rocket League (platinum 3/diamond 1 3v3)

WoomyNNYes

Interestingly, it seems humidity plays a role in covid transmission rates.
Higher humidity = less transmssion, because covid droplets are heavier and fall out of the air quicker.

edit: Forgive me, NHK doesn't allow embedded youtube's to play, so you'll have to click it to go to youtube to watch it. It's a quck 1 minute video

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider

jump

@WoomyNNYes That's because good ol' Boris was spinning the variant, it was spotted during the summer around the same time UK finally did put restrictions on international travel and kept quiet about it til he had to tell people xmas was cancelled so he could blame it on that rather than not locking down sooner. Keep in mind the UK does more gene testing of the virus than other countries so it's not so much it comes from the UK but finally discovered in the UK.

The UK goverment has become a bit of a joke with this. I was watching Hancock try to gaslight people during an interview about how the UK didn't have a shortage of masks and other stuff for the NHS and that they didn't buy a load of useless rubbish from Turkey. I know about 3-6 people who work for the NHS and some of the stories they tell me is ridiclous.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

WoomyNNYes

@Northwind If you search google & cdc, I think you can find recommdations or read about the the vaccine after affets. You can ask the place you're getting the shot, or your doctor, if it's ok to walk 2 miles back.

My parents & sister in law got the vaccine, but only my mom felt sick afterwards. But she only felt sick after her second shot, and she didn't feel sick until the following day (she felt like crap for two days, I believe). I think she felt ok for the rest of the day after the shot. But my account is rather annecdotal.

Extreme bicycle rider

TheJGG

@Northwind Both my parents reported a considerable loss of energy for a few days, they're both extremely fit but took it very easy for around three days. I think you should take a taxi just to get back, walking three kilometres after taking the vaccine is indeed ill-advised. I hope you get the vaccine and return home safely.

SoundCloud - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG | Twitter:

Eel

My parents got their vaccines. I haven't really noticed any ill effects on them.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jump

I find if you put some tin foil on your head it stops the side effects of the vaccination as the tin foil stops Bill Gate's zeta waves enterting the microchip they put in you.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Sutton

jump wrote:

I find if you put some tin foil on your head it stops the side effects of the vaccination as the tin foil stops Bill Gate's zeta waves enterting the microchip they put in you.

Great advice

Sutton

WoomyNNYes

@jump just thinking what a trip to the store would look like if tin foil hats were used instead of masks to prevent covid transmission. It's a funny thought.

Extreme bicycle rider

RR529

@Northwind, I got the Moderna shots.

After my first shot I had some soreness in the arm I got it, but that was it.

After my second shot I felt fatigued with some chills & slight headache (and the fingers on my shot arm went numb) that started the day after, & only lasted that day.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

WoomyNNYes

@Northwind Yeah, I don't know how much age plays into getting sick as a reaction. If being younger lessens chances of feeling sick, that could be in your favor. But I don't actually know if that's the case. That's why I'd look up shot details on cdc or ask your doctor, or the place administering the shots.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider

Xyphon22

@Northwind Obviously everyone is different, but the bigger side effects generally come after the second dose, not the first. And it's almost always like the next day. But most importantly for you, they make you wait there in a waiting room for 15 minutes after you get the shot to make sure you don't suffer any immediate side effects before you are allowed to leave. So if you do feel sick at all right after the shot, they will take care of you and wouldn't let you walk home anyways. But yes, please just get the vaccine.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Ralizah

@Northwind The strongest reaction I had to my second shot a few days ago was a sore arm. No reaction whatsoever to the first one. And I walked a mile back to my home afterward, so...

Some people don't feel their best when they get it, but I wouldn't worry too much.

Currently Playing: n/a

Upcoming
WarioWare: Get it Together! (NS)
God of War (PS4)
Tetris Effect (NS)

WoomyNNYes

NHK World News (tv channel) reported yesterday, Osaka prefecture, Japan, new covid case numbers are double what they were in january(winter), which is pretty bad, which is why universal got shut down, because a state of emergency had to be enacted. See the story & Osaka's new case numbers graph here: https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/backstories/1617/

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider

Losermagnet

Glad to hear positive vaccine stories, and support for the vaccine in general. I work at a pharmacy in a rural part of the US and it suprises me how many people don't believe in COVID.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

WoomyNNYes

Finally got a vaccine appointment & shot - moderna.

I've been registered with my county health department since march, and so far I haven't gotten any of the weekly email updates they said I'd receive - it's been 4 weeks of silence.

I booked an appointment on my own, used vaccinespotter.org, which only has pharmacy appointment data, as far as I can see. I was checking almost daily for appointments, but they were always fully booked, until friday, when I found an appointment. The pharmacist said my slot was a cancellation. So, I got uber lucky.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider

Octane

The way things are going over here, I'll be lucky if I get mine before August.

Octane

CactusMan

@Octane Vaccine distribution is over regulated. They prioritise groups of people to take the vaccine who are for multiple reasons unable to get the vaccine, can be being immoblille due to old age, just unwillingness and other reasons. But the cling to their distribution protocol so hard that they rather let them expire instead of putting a P.S.A. on Twitter about left over vaccine, oh well.

Bamm!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6657-1971-4787

Xyphon22

Meanwhile, here in Tennessee, they are giving out vaccines to anyone who will come get one just so they don't have to throw them away at the end of the day because all of the eligible people don't want to get one. And @CactusMan maybe it's different where you are, but I can guarantee it's not because they can't but simply because they don't want to (my wife is a nurse who gives the vaccines and she has been forced to go out on the streets and beg people to come get one by the end of the day). It sucks not being able to get one if you want one, but at least that means people are actually getting them. How these idiots down here still believe it's all fake or whatever is beyond me, and (completely not) surprisingly our numbers are skyrocketing again. Hope you all can get one soon.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic