Forums

Topic: Coronavirus outbreak

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 1,548

WoomyNNYes

@jump just thinking what a trip to the store would look like if tin foil hats were used instead of masks to prevent covid transmission. It's a funny thought.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

RR529

@Northwind, I got the Moderna shots.

After my first shot I had some soreness in the arm I got it, but that was it.

After my second shot I felt fatigued with some chills & slight headache (and the fingers on my shot arm went numb) that started the day after, & only lasted that day.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

WoomyNNYes

@Northwind Yeah, I don't know how much age plays into getting sick as a reaction. If being younger lessens chances of feeling sick, that could be in your favor. But I don't actually know if that's the case. That's why I'd look up shot details on cdc or ask your doctor, or the place administering the shots.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Xyphon22

@Northwind Obviously everyone is different, but the bigger side effects generally come after the second dose, not the first. And it's almost always like the next day. But most importantly for you, they make you wait there in a waiting room for 15 minutes after you get the shot to make sure you don't suffer any immediate side effects before you are allowed to leave. So if you do feel sick at all right after the shot, they will take care of you and wouldn't let you walk home anyways. But yes, please just get the vaccine.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Ralizah

@Northwind The strongest reaction I had to my second shot a few days ago was a sore arm. No reaction whatsoever to the first one. And I walked a mile back to my home afterward, so...

Some people don't feel their best when they get it, but I wouldn't worry too much.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

WoomyNNYes

NHK World News (tv channel) reported yesterday, Osaka prefecture, Japan, new covid case numbers are double what they were in january(winter), which is pretty bad, which is why universal got shut down, because a state of emergency had to be enacted. See the story & Osaka's new case numbers graph here: https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/backstories/1617/

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Losermagnet

Glad to hear positive vaccine stories, and support for the vaccine in general. I work at a pharmacy in a rural part of the US and it suprises me how many people don't believe in COVID.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

WoomyNNYes

Finally got a vaccine appointment & shot - moderna.

I've been registered with my county health department since march, and so far I haven't gotten any of the weekly email updates they said I'd receive - it's been 4 weeks of silence.

I booked an appointment on my own, used vaccinespotter.org, which only has pharmacy appointment data, as far as I can see. I was checking almost daily for appointments, but they were always fully booked, until friday, when I found an appointment. The pharmacist said my slot was a cancellation. So, I got uber lucky.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Octane

The way things are going over here, I'll be lucky if I get mine before August.

Octane

Xyphon22

Meanwhile, here in Tennessee, they are giving out vaccines to anyone who will come get one just so they don't have to throw them away at the end of the day because all of the eligible people don't want to get one. And @CactusMan maybe it's different where you are, but I can guarantee it's not because they can't but simply because they don't want to (my wife is a nurse who gives the vaccines and she has been forced to go out on the streets and beg people to come get one by the end of the day). It sucks not being able to get one if you want one, but at least that means people are actually getting them. How these idiots down here still believe it's all fake or whatever is beyond me, and (completely not) surprisingly our numbers are skyrocketing again. Hope you all can get one soon.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

jump

I went to the pub for the first time in months. It seems to becoming standard now that you need an app for table service to avoid mouuth breating queuing at the bar. If there's one thing that comes out of this it should be that table service at the pub should be the norm!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

@WoomyNNYes Do the have still to pay for the vaccination itself if they take up the $100? Given how notoriously expensive the American healthcare is I wouldn't be surprised if they are still out of pocket afterwards.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

jump

@WoomyNNYes Are they? I've listened to podcasts with Americans mentioning they have paid, maybe it's funny one off occurance or something.

Nicolai wrote:

WoomyNNYes

@jump There are bars administering vaccines and giving drinks/shots(alcohol) as incentive. Can't recall where.

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

Shot number two tomorrow evening - moderna.

Two weeks after, I'm going to my brother's a couple states away so we can finally boot up Forza Horizon 2. I got Horizon 2 for him last year, and we've been waiting for vaccination to play it.

edit: Update: Got shot #2 last night. My arm hurts like heck. Heck I tell you.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

NHK News reports today that Japanese people 65 years and older are now 6% vaccinated. Yeah, well, so what @WoomyNNYes!? Why does that matter? Stop boring me!

After a year of Nintendo development being handicapped, due to the covids, this statistic may mean Nintendo may have a while yet before they can work at full regular capacity again.

As another heads up, Japans covid surge that started back in April has continued. As a result, Japan's state of emergecy (that shut down Universal's Super Nintendo World) has lasted longer, and expaded to more prefectures - the effect of more contagious uk, and possibly indian, variants.

So, why isn't Japan farther along with vaccine progress? The reason is, Japan's medical regulatory system wanted more robust testing on japanese/asian people before approving vaccines. Beyond that, I'm not sure why their vaccine production/approval system hasn't been streamlined like some other countries.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

jedgamesguy

I like big vaccines and I like them now. Booooomshakalaka!! I got my vaccine. I feel alright after my first dose, better than I thought. My arm still aches a bit though, so I stayed at home and relaxed.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jedgamesguy

@WoomyNNYes It's useful info, really! Thanks! I do wonder why Japan suspects there's different side-effects on Japanese/Asian people than... non Japanese/Asian people though. Maybe I'm misreading it, but do elaborate on that part, I'm interested...

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

WoomyNNYes

@TheJGG While equality for people is good, there are some genetic variations that affect medical outcomes. Data appears to show asian mortality rate for covid has been lower than for western anglo populations, and they aren't quite sure if it's because genetic/race or prior exposure to SARS in the asian region in the previous decade or so.(that knowledge may be months old now, don't know if there's new light on that subject). With more tech/data in recent decades, they are discovering varying outcomes for gender & race. On occasion, it can be significant enough to justify tweaking how things are prescribed.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic